Hello!
This week was action packed! Wow! First off, we started off with our P-Day last week, where we went and hiked to a waterfall. It was a fun hike, there were boulders everywhere, so we basically were rock climbing forms ton of it. I enjoyed it a lot, but it was hard for my shoulders, so I ended up avoiding the hard/ fun parts.
We went and did the same hike today as well, and we went farther. We found the "Waterfall" but it's dried up now. It was fun! We did some pulling at the top, and Elder Yazzie and I tied every time. He is a foot taller than me. We both were unbeaten. Boom.
Elder Weston Scott
This week we had a Zone conference, in which we learned about the importance of believing that we can baptize. It was very inspirational and motivating. My companion Elder Dougherty and I are striving now for our area to be able to baptize weekly.
This week at a dinner appointment with a member, I got to help them with the word of wisdom. The father was recently baptized as of 5 months, and his daughter occasionally enjoyed the good old fashion cup of Joe (coffee). So with her watching me and laughing and the approval of her parents, I slowly dumped out a container of coffee into the trash. I spoke with her on Sunday, and she mentioned that she had withdrawals, but that she wasn't drinking it anymore. It was awesome!
I interviewed a 9-year-old this week for her baptism. It was so great! Her name is Samira, she was so funny, and understood every question I asked her. She gave details, examples and testimony for every baptismal question. I am still impressed! Ha!
Bertha the wife of a recent convert is going to be getting baptized the 31st of this month. It was so exciting for her to make that decision. We were talking about obedience and we read D&C 82:10. Things finally clicked for her, and she made the decision to skip work on Sunday's for a few hours so that she could come to church.
On Saturday we were asked to guide a tour of the temple. It was super duper fun! A lot of people came, and we had a blast! I hope I can do another one on my mission. We also attended a baptism of an investigator that Elder Dougherty found over a year ago. For over a year, Brandon (that is his name) has fought to overcome his trials and problems, and finally made it to the waters of baptism.
Last week I neglected to mention that I was asked by Joel, recent convert and husband of Bertha, to confer upon him the Aaronic Priesthood. I had never done it before, and had thirty seconds to learn how. It went well. Yesterday as well, I conferred the Aaronic Priesthood upon Sandro, another recent convert. I am so grateful do that privilege I was given by both of them.
| Our hiking group. Elder Yazzie is the Elder in the front on the right side. (Blue and red shirt) |
This week was hard, but full of work and Miracles! Keep pressing forward!
Elder Weston Scott
No comments:
Post a Comment