Ok everybody, the east coast wins for the snow this last week between where we all are. michigan clearly wins with the 10+ feet they got. but here we seriously were dumped on. its almost like the clouds decided to fall to the earth, because we were hammered. I have a pic of a few days ago when it was still snowing. but we seriously got like 2 feet in chicopee and in other parts there is like 3 or 4 its insane. But due to the snow and temperatures we pretty much had a P-WEEK because we were inside most of the week. it sucked so much especially because i was tapped inside the Ludlow Elders' apartment, and man these guys are gross. I'm talkin like a mens lockerroom 24/7. I wore the most clothes, and that was shorts and a tshirt...man, I'm not looking forward to a four elder apartment.
So Wednesday after emailing we played this boss game in our gym. It can be compared to wheel-chair basketball, because we took rolly chairs and played basketball on them. It was so much fun. we then headed out and had an appointment with a member.
Thursday and Friday were snowdays, so we didnt do anything. I read in the book of mormon, for our challenge, and i caught up. I read like 40 something pages in like 2 hours...it was insane...because its in Spanish. I have set a goal to learn Spanish with all of my heart because I am stuck in a groove of not being able to because of this and that. Anyways these days can be compared to "heck" because I tell you now, that these guys are sick.
Saturday...snow stopped the night before and so we went out to help move the Halls in my ward. and man was it good work and fun, because they were so organized and it was great. while moving, we had to drive to the new house which is about a mile away. I get out of the car when we arrive, and I back up my companion into a nice parking spot and as I'm doing so, I totally slipped. there was a sheet of black ice everywhere, and I literally flew up and onto my back...it hurt so bad...man I didnt want to get up, and the best part was that there were two deacons who saw it and they through snow balls at me while I was down...boy did I get them back...White wash baby...only a light one though because I'm still the "cool elder" in the ward. then we had district meeting and met the new sister that is in our district. we then had to go with the ludlow elders and move a couch...a massive one...and we had to move it down a icy flight of stairs...it was sketchy. we then took it too one of the ludlows investigators who was baptized this last sunday, and then we helped them teach a lesson on the commandments and had the baptismal interview. we then headed home to do our studies that we weren't able to do earlier.
Sunday, o ayer, fue iglesia. [or yesterday, was church] and man was it a great day. the church building's heat was out...and so it was the same temp as outside...brrr=). we then proceeded to teach sunday school to the youth and then elders quorum..on familys and strengthening the family...boy was it weird. but it was fun. we then went and made visits with Brother P.... who is puerto rican. he is so cool and fun. we then went to bishops house and had dinner to wrap up the day.
Now we are here. Monday. P-day. and so I'm doing great. i ordered a pack of harminicas from amazon for the different keys, because you cant play sharps or flats. and i can play hymns and pretty much any song now. and actually the other week, i forgot to tell yo all, that for Zone meeting, the s]zone leaders asked Trujillo and I and sister Scott in amherst to do a musical number...and I was on the harmonica...we played I am a child of god, and it was great. im getting pretty good at it, but my harmonica is a cheepo one and so it doesnt sound to good. if you find any send them to me...I would appreciate it..
So as i have been reading the book of Mormon in Spanish, many things have been standing out to me. 1. is whenever they speak of the God and his word, such as "the word of God" i learned that that has many meanings, but it seems to have a hidden meaning or one that people don't focus on. now when people say this is the Word of God, talking about the BOM or bible, yes its it is the word of God, as in it is his word given through ancient Prophets and what not. but also it is the word of God as in it is, especially the old testament and most of the BOM, about Christ and prophecies of Christ, and when I say Word of God, i mean it is words or scripture pertaining to God or Jesus Christ who was to come for the first time, and now when we talk about the Word of God, it can be put into terms of "this scripture is about our savior Jesus Christ and our Father in Heaven and about the coming of our savior again."...sorry just something that popped into my head while studying. also 2. is that they say that "surely as the Lord liveth, this will happen or this is happening or this is real or whaever it will be" and it made me think that that In the scriptures it testifies in many different ways. the Lord does live, and so everything that follows is true and it makes me smile at the scriptures even more now.
Anyways I hope everyone is doing well.
con amor a todos [with love to all]
Elder Mason Scott
Be Better not btter
No comments:
Post a Comment