Monday, February 3, 2014

[Weston] Anaheim Mission Weekly February 3rd, 2014

Hey all!

This week was pretty amazing! Well sort of, there was quite a lot that happened. Not to  much teaching went on, but yeah overall good week. I found some awesome scriptures this week, and I go to be the senior companion. Week 11 in training is when the greenie takes over. It went pretty well. Everyone says that I am going to be training this next transfer, uh please, no. Not ready for that if you all know what I mean. Anywho, the language is coming along pretty well. This is the day by day report:

Monday - We had p-day and didn't get to do a whole lot. We played Basketball and volleyball (on man, I am super good at it now haha, I wish you could see my serves now!) Anyways, it was good. Elder Vincent is prone to getting concussions. Remember how everyone would always tell me or Elder Scott (Mason) to be careful when playing sports, well the tides have changed. Elder Vincent got a concussion playing Volleyball. He hit his head pretty hard. But good news happened because of that. We taught D.... that night, our 9 year old investigator, about the Plan of Salvation.

Tuesday - Well, because of Elder Vincent's unfortunate volleyball accident, I was made designated driver until he was better. I got to drive the swat Van (dodge caravan) for the day. Boo yah. It was fun. It is a piece of junk though I will tell you. It is the oldest car in the mission. But we had lunch with Hermano M..... , who made us carne asada, again. He is a butcher, and he gets great meat! It is so good! But I got to stop eating so much! I have actually lost 9 pounds in the last 2 weeks. Only 40 more to go............I will be honest, I have gotten a little carried away with the excellent food I get here. Lets see.... We taught B.... , our 75 year old recent convert about the Gospel of Jesus Christ, and it was great, she is so awesome! She is just like another Grandma, except, she speaks Spanish faster than anyone that I have ever met in my life! We also got to teach A.... , about how he can improve his relationship with his family so that he can get permission to be baptized. We talked about forgiveness with him, and how he can apply it in his own life. It was a good day.

Wednesday - Well, the Van the previous night, kind of well, started smoking. Something wrong with the engine again. Super thick nice smelling white smoke was being exhaled by the van. Yummy! So I was still driving, and I picked up everyone for the District meeting, and after the meeting, we got a brand spanking new 2014 Toyota Corolla. These things are sick! It is a V-4 with an Eco-boost, but they are so incredibly fast. Guess who got to drive? Me. It had 4 miles on it when I turned it on. Oh yeah. Mmmmmmm. It was so nice. We only taught one lesson the rest of the night, everything fell through, but we taught E...... , a less active member who is 13 years old. He is uncle is in the bishopric in another ward. He was so open, and new so much. We talked about the Restoration, and he was so great! It was awesome. Elder Arevalo's bike seat was stolen as well. Rough.

Thursday - Elder Arevalo is super good with computers and technical stuff. He and 9 other missionaries from our mission were chosen as technicians to start the Ipads in the mission. Elder Arevalo now has an Ipad mini, and the things that we can do now, oh man, it is going to be so hard, but so much more effective. This is going to be crazy. I should have my own here within the next few weeks. But, President Bowen told us personally that we would get to take these Ipads home after the mission, but the Brethren have decided that it will cost to much for this to be possible. So, I do not get to keep the Ipad after the mission. Dang, but oh well. So anyways, Elder Arevalo had a meeting for the training on them, and so we were in a trio for the morning, and for the afternoon. It was fun. We got free lunch from the office, so that was nice. We then went to orange county to get a new bike seat for Elder Arevalo. That took forever. I still got to drive the new car though. So fun. We taught one lesson at the door, of a new investigator, whose name escaped my brain. But it was a good day. This week was hard to get a lot of teaching in.

Friday - We did studies, but Elder Vincent somehow plugged our toilet and so, I almost died all morning. Most of you that read this know, I pee a lot. Not my fault. That is just the cold hard facts. I can not help it. But, that was awful. I didn't go to the bathroom for close to 7 hours. Long time. We did our studies, and weekly planning. It was good. We taught A... that night. We read in 1st Nephi in the Book of Mormon. Chapter 3, about Nephi, and how he was obedient. It was great! A... loved it, because I realized that it related perfectly to his life. Right after our lesson with him, we had some dinner (sopes) it was awesome! They were so good. But Elder Richards had to leave and go to a funeral, so I got dropped off, and rode his bike with Arevalo. Two minutes into it, by shoe folded over on itself, and my food slipped off the pedal for a ....well.... gruesome attack on my groin area. If you catch my drift. I was stuck going about 15 mile an hours on my bike, being racked with my feet dragging on the ground. To say the least, I was "racked with eternal torment" it felt like. Oh man , that hurt so bad. Still does, I got a nice bruise up and down my legs. Awesome! Good day!

Saturday - I was still driving, and we had our missionary coordination meeting at 9:00 am then language study with Hermano S....... at 10:30am. He is awesome. I learned how to use "vos". Which is pretty much tu form of talking, but cooler! And a lot harder! I also got to work on commands. We taught one lesson to B.... , and taught her about the Book of Mormon. She cant read, but she listens to the CD's every day. She rocks! We ate dinner at Red Robin with D.... , who is a recent Convert from the sisters in our district. He is so awesome. Such a good friend, he is only 21.. He rocks!

Sunday - Ward council at 7:00am, and so I got up at 5:30am because we live so far away. We were late, Vincent gets ready like a girl (no offense to the women that read this) but he took over an hour to get ready. Absolutely Ridiculous. But I drove again. So that was nice.  Church was good, well it was okay. Some members give me a hard time because I have the car, and the sisters don't. They don't seem to understand, that it is not up to us who has the car, but the Mission president, and that they crashed their car. So yeah, a little annoying, but it is bearable. We taught D.... again, about the Atonement of Jesus Christ. I also found the story in the Bible where the donkey speaks out loud to his master. Numbers chapter 22 starting around verse 22. Pretty cool. :) Oh and crazy story, we went to visit this part member family, and this woman that lives there is schizophrenic. She tried to give her daughter, daughter's friend, and niece to Elder Vincent and I. She was literally trying to get us to leave with her daughter. It was incredibly strange, scary, and well, unnerving. Ahhh! We are not going back there. Ever. The sisters can go over there....

Sorrry, kind of a small letter this week. This week was good. We did not get a ton of time to do actual missionary work, but we did the best that we could with the time that we had allotted. It was interesting. Things here in Santa Ana are going pretty well. I could not ask for a better place to serve my mission. Transfers will be next week! Exciting. Well I love you all, and am grateful for all that you do! Keep up the good work! I still like letters!

2500 North Bristol Street
Santa Ana, California 92706-1409

Write me!

Your favorite missionary in Cali!

Elder Weston Scott

No comments:

Post a Comment