Wednesday, February 26, 2014

[Weston] Anaheim Weekly - February 26, 2014


 Hello my friends!

Wow! This past week and a half have been absolutely crazy! Can I get a breather over here? It has just been one of those weeks!

Monday - P-day, so we washed some laundry, and found some bed bugs, awesome!, and washed the van, then picked up the district to go and email, then to do some shopping. We visited Deseret Book, which was super duper fun! I love that store! There is only one in our entire mission, and it is in my zone! We then played some basketball for about two hours. Bam. We gave two blessings that night, one to a member in our ward, and another to her son who is a non-member. It was incredible! Blessings are difficult in Spanish! :)

Tuesday - Well, we went out and worked! It was awesome! We took one of the members from our ward who is about to start his mission papers, and gave him some practice teaching people! It was good! We also taught Alex our investigator at mutual that night. His girlfriend just received her Patriarchal Blessing, and he had questions about that. So we talked about those, we talked about the Priesthood, we talked about temples, and missions. He wants to serve a mission really bad he told me. I love this kid. Alex is so incredibly ready to be baptized. It is amazing! He knows so much!

Wednesday - We had a zone conference about Obedience. It was so incredible. President Bowen gave an excellent talk. Elder Etchart and I were chosen to role play a nightly planning session. That was fun. We did okay. We pretty much just took what we had learned and went home for the night, and studied. The Spirit was so strong at the conference it was so incredible. We Started Exchanges that night.

Thursday - Elder Maughan (he is 6 ' 7 "), he is really tall, he came with me in my area. In the morning he made me pancakes. Boo yah! They were just the crappy Krusteaz pancake mix, but hey, it beats every other breakfast I have had in a long time. So we drove to the doctor, a podiatrist, because I was having a problem with my foot. Ingrown toenails are common enemies among missionaries apparently. Anyways, we go in, and I sit down on this operation chair, and Doctor Lords walks in, slides this tool kit on this bed side pan over me, and puts up this towel in front of my feet so that I could not see them. I asked, "what is going on?" He said, "Elder, you are having surgery today." Uh what! Are you joking me? Hay Carramba! So he removes this ingrown toenail through this really gross process, and I walk out with a very numb and harassed toe. Awesome! It was so fun! Not. So anyways, Elder Maughan and I are out and about saving souls, and we go and pick up dinner from a family in our ward, who normally are fairly reliable. So we pick up this pot of chicken alfredo and some fruit and broccoli. Elder Maughan cannot eat chicken alfredo because every one of the four times he has eaten it, he has thrown up.  Make that 5 times not.  We got food poisoning.  Oh my Gosh.  That was flat out awful. I cant walk on my toe, and cant eat. Great diet plan though! I lost a few pounds! Haha. It was so fun!

Friday - Basically I stayed inside all day because I was so sick. We had weekly planning, and then tried to do some studies, and we went to Hermana Manzano's to eat dinner, well I did not eat much, only a little taco.  Still, great diet plan haha! :) But we talked to Alex about his Baptism and got everything squared away for that.  Awesome! :) We found a new investigator named Israel and his wife Lily, they are way nice, and pretty interested.  Israel said he has had the same question that Joseph Smith had. Incredible! :) I am so excited to keep working with them!

Saturday - Well, we had our weekly Coordination meeting, in which we just go chewed out by the ward council for some reason, they don't understand that it is not them that decide when someone is ready to be baptized. It is us. Frustrating. But yeah it was good. Still feeling sick from Thursday, I decided to take a nap after lunch, and stubbed my surgery fresh toe on the back of my heel. Ouch. I just about died, I screamed so hard. That initiated the problems that I am currently having. [with the toe] But the rest of Saturday was interesting.  We hunted for a pair of crutches, because when I woke up from my nap, I could not walk at all. Woot Woot! But I got to eat Papusas with one of our investigators. I love papusas. They are basically the most delicious Salvadorian Gorditas you can eat. MMMMMMMMMMM. So good. Yummmmmmmmm.

Sunday - We had church, and it was fun because I got to use crutches. All of the native members are like, what happened elder? Poor Elder. You should try this......  and you will make you better. Haha All of the other non-native members are like, too much basketball Elder? Haha. One of the members was like, "What happended? Go a little hard while you were painting your nails Elder?" He is so funny.  Hermano Sanchez. He is rocks.  We pretty much studied and watched some church videos. But my toe on Sunday night started swelling more, and yeah I pretty much died. I called the doctor whom I saw on Thursday, and he prescribed penicillin for me to go and get, because my toe was infected. Awesome! That was a fun night of no sleep!

Monday - Well just another day, except we went to the doctor for my foot again, to see if he could do anything for it. He did what he could, but now it is just time that is going to help. I had a blessing that night from my zone leaders because I could not sleep or do anything because it hurts so bad.  Nothing has changed.

Tuesday - Well that was so funny. We washed some laundry and took care of some needed things, but then as I was sitting on my bed with my leg elevated as were the doctors orders, and well, Elder Etchart asked me how much soap to put in the Dish washer. I just said to fill it up to the line, and he did so. Well, 4 minutes later he said, "Too much Soap!" Guess what he did? That is right. He put regular dish washing liquid in the dishwasher, instead of the detergent. How messy that was. It took him almost 3 hours to clean it all up. The whole time I sat on my bed and studied (okay I was watching some more church videos on my Ipad.... I can do that now..... ) :) Fun Day. That night we went on exchanges again because I cannot walk, so Elder Maughan and I sat in his apartment for a couple of hours. Fun. Alex our investigator got permission from his mom to be baptized finally. WE ARE HAVING A BAPTISM THIS SUNDAY! :) I am so excited!

We went to the Temple here in Newport this morning. Wow! It is so tiny, but so incredibly Beautiful! I had such a good time! I even got to use crutches in the temple......... :( Awesome. Second injury I have had the opportunity to take into the temple. Recall the Wrist anybody?

Anyways. This week has been truly amazing. It has been hard, and tiring, and quite rough. But I know that all things happen for a reason. I love this time in my life to be out here. To learn and to come closer to my Heavenly Father. Ether 12:6, and 27 have been quite helpful this week. :) I encourage all to read them. We must never give up, we have been given trials for our own benefit. To grow and become refined. To remove our impurities. :) Keep on doing what is right! :)

Your favorite Missionary in CALI,

Elder Weston Scott

Fun times with Dr. Lords




The Spanish Zone at the Newport Temple

Elder Scott & Elder Etchart

No comments:

Post a Comment