Tuesday, February 11, 2014

[Weston] Anaheim Weekly - February 11, 2013


Hey!

This week was awesome! Well, okay mostly awesome! We got quite a lot of stuff done this week! I learned quite a lot about myself this week. It was good.

Monday - We had P-day, and were late pretty much to everything we had planned, the usual though. We got to play basketball so that was a highlight. I love basketball, and volleyball too, oh and do not forget football, and soccer, and every other sport that we are able to pretty much play here.  Vincent took another ball directly to the face and got another mild concussion. I got to drive for another couple of days though! So that rocked! We used Facebook, then went and taught D.... our 9-year old investigator.  It was good, he is finally starting to pay attention. Yes!!!!

Tuesday - Lets see.....(I forgot my old planner so I cannot remember everything. My bad....) We did our studies in the morning, and got out the door at about 1pm. Then taught some peep's here. We used Facebook, then went to the church to meet A.... and sit and teach him there. It was mutual. I still go to mutual even on the mission. That is what's up.  Mutual is so important for everyone, that is where investigators, non-members, or even members will establish a relationship with other people, and then have a stronger root in the Gospel because of it. I believe and know that mutual is one of the reasons that A... is progressing so much! Everyone, Go to Mutual!!!!! :) Okay Bueno. Yo Dije mi paz. We taught A... the about repentance, and went over the baptismal questions with him. He is so ready.

Wednesday - We had a district meeting early in morning, and so had to travel around and rally the troops. Well really only the other Elders in our district because we still had the Corolla (man, what a nice car...).  It was a good meeting, it was funny because Elder Vincent was so worried that President Bowen was going to come and sit in during the meeting, and guess what..... HE DID. It was awesome, he was so nervous.... Partly too because of his concussion.  Sister Wade, one of the office sisters, was out of town, and so I could weigh myself in.  We are doing a sort of biggest loser here. I am winning so far, I have lost 9.5 big ones. Boom, I had put on more than that though....... Still, I am the ganador [winner]  right now. I can not quite remember what else we did, except for use Facebook and do our studies as well. Wednesday night we taught the Preach My Gospel class for the members, and specifically taught about talking to everyone. From chapter 11 in PMG I believe, the last blue section..... The members where good about practicing, all two of them that showed up. Fun...... But, I was told that my Spanish is bad from one of the members that was there. How awesome right? What a confidence booster! :) Eh, I shrugged it off, it truly is hard learning a language.

Thursday - Well, we did our studies, I think, and used Facebook, we also used Facebook for an hour. Thursday night was leadership calls for the transfers, and Vincent stayed as a district leader, and the other elders in our district, Arevalo and Richards were called as district leaders, and then another sister was moved to be a sister trainer leader also. There was so much movement in the Spanish program.  It was crazy, we had a lot of people go home this transfer. Good news, I am not training. Dodged that bullet....... for now..... That was pretty much the day. Wait! We also taught A... about the Restoration again. Well reviewed it, he knew it for the most part.

Friday - Normal Friday, we studied early and then started weekly planning. That took a while because Elder Vincent was not focused. He was thinking about all kinds of things, mainly trying to think how transfers were going to be. We taught A... again, and it was a great lesson, we watched a general conference talk with A... from President Monson, and he was so into it. It was on obedience from this past Aprils general conference. It was powerful. A... knows that Thomas S. Monson is a prophet of God.

Saturday - We had our coordination meeting at 9am which was basically just a ward council meeting, the bishop pretty much is changing a lot of random stuff. No big deal. But his wife said something incredible, she was talking about how missionaries are" Primarily responsible for the before baptism teaching, introducing the doctrine, and as members, our job is the after and forever.  Our jobs as members is to provide a that social conversion and a continuation of teaching and building up that foundation of the Gospel for the converts." It truly is the responsibility of the members, to provide that support, and sense of welcome to all. After the meeting, we had a language study with Hermano Sw.....  for an hour or so then used Facebook. During lunch I took an hour nap, which was awesome.... Yeah I needed that, then we studied and later went and ate with a member whose name escapes my brain.  At 10:20ish we received our phone call about transfers.  Wow. There were so many changes in the Spanish program. Elder Vincent was leaving, and I was staying.  That is what I focused on, and yeah, pretty exciting.  Every companionship in our district got a new companion. Crazy. I have been in our ward now the longest than anyone else in my district. I am the one who knows the members now, hard stuff now haha, lots more Spanish is coming my way!

Sunday - There was meeting at 7am so I got up at 5:30am for that. Church started at 9am and A... showed up for church which was awesome, he has come about 8 or 9 times now, which is amazing! We went back to the apartment and studied a little bit, while Vincent packed. We pretty much just visited members all day long, and visited other investigators to say good bye for Vincent.  B.... one of our recent converts was so sad! She was on the verge of crying! It was hard for Vincent to leave but, B.... asked for a blessing because he legs have been bothering her again. It was an overall good day I guess?

Monday - Transfers. Holy cow. The whole chapel was packed. I gave the opening prayer and almost couldn't because I have not prayed in English in so long! I couldn't remember how to speak! Hay Carramba! It was a struggle! But the meeting was quite great. Some of my favorite elders here are leaving now, they are finishing their missions like tomorrow. They are "on their death beds now". It is hard for them, nobody wants to go home. Which will be true for everyone because this work that we are involved in is so powerful, true, and the only important thing we will ever be able to do at this time in our lives. We ended up having another van, but a new one, so that is cool beans. We might be getting a new apartment because of the cockroaches. They are everywhere. Ay! We had a lot of stuff to do with the cars, and then getting suitcases transferred, and then bikes and so on and so forth, so we did not have time to email. But it was an overall good day.

I am excited for these next six weeks. I got a fresh companion that does not know that much more Spanish than myself, so we are going to learn a lot I am pretty sure. Exciting! Something that I learned this week was about the Plan of Salvation. In the Preach my Gospel section about the Plan of Salvation, there is a little road map if you will. It says at the bottom "The atonement of Jesus Christ makes the Plan of Salvation possible." So true. We are nothing and can be nothing, and would never be anything unless we had the Atonement. The Atonement is what makes everything possible. I know that it is true, and that it works. Rely on the Atonement, rely on our advocate (D&C 45:3-5). Remember that Obedience is also a choice. We must choose with our agency to be obedient. I love this Gospel, and am grateful for all of your support! Thanks!

Your favorite missionary in CALI,

Elder Weston Scott

P.S. There are some pictures attached. Cool beans.







No comments:

Post a Comment