The Reasons behind this awful week I will be explaining in the paragraphs to come.
a) We only taught 5 lessons this week
b) Wednesday car issues
c) Thursday all together
d) I'm exhausted from the above reasons.
a) We only taught 5 lessons this week, and I'm talking all together, investigators and members....because everyone was cancelling on us. We had a packed week of lessons and important time fillers and everything went down the drain.
b) OK so Wednesday, we had to get our brakes changed and an oil change...which took 4 freaking hours, when we were the first people there in the morning. It was ridiculous. and we were nowhere near our area or around people to talk to. there was this guy in there that we talked to who was a good old JW, and we did kind of a Q&A session with him about their religion. He couldn't answer us nor explain anything, and it was funny to me because these people have such a conviction of the truth made from nothing, It makes me grateful for the True Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints of which I am a Member.
c) We had the busiest day planned that I have ever seen...every hour of the day we had something... I'm talking like 7 or 8 appointments with members and non-members a like and every single one of them cancelled with us by lunch time during our WEEKLY PLANNING SESSION. Then the most awful thing happened to us. Elder Fish, the Mission Vehicle coordinator, called us and we had the longest most dreadful, heart wrenching, gnashing of teeth phone call ever, because they need our car to give to the Framingham Elders que chocaron su coche...or crashed/totaled their car. He then told us that we were going to meet at 5 to swap cars and then for us to be taken back to our area, and so we had a dinner planned that we had scheduled after everything with a cool member, but then we had to cancel that. So we cried on the inside for a while. We then came to the realization that crap! we live 15 to 20 minutes by CAR outside of our area...and now we have to take the dang bus which will take us an hour or more...argghhh... I had to buy a Charlie pass, the monthly bus pass, with my own money because I didn't have enough on my mission funds..,.so I have to wait to be reimbursed now as well. We went to lunch with Sister's Miller and Hansen after weekly planning to this place called Three Amigos again...which missionaries eat free at...and it is the best place to eat Mexican food at ever....and a member owns it, so we are blessed. its so good. We then get a call from Elder Fish, saying that we will now exchange cars at 9pm tonight...so that we don't have to "cancel any of our appts"...even though our day went down the drain.
d) We take the bus everywhere now and we have chased it about 3 times now and I freaking love it. We get to talk to people more so now and I know that heavenly father knows that this area needs more contacting to happen and that there are people that are ready to hear the gospel and they are on the bus and so we are doing just fine... I am definitely going to drop some libras.
Anyways, taking the bus is so fun, because we can just look back and laugh at ourselves...and come home at the end of the night and have countless stories and be completely exhausted and then...DO IT AGAIN!!!=) woot woot.
I bore my testimony on Sunday, because it was Fast and testimony meeting as well, even though most wards and branches here do them before conference, and I was given the gift of tongues I swear.... I said some things that I didn't know I knew how to say in Spanish...IT WAS COOL, I mean its whatever though. I'm still getting used to the different types of Spanish we have out here: Puerto Rican, Dominican, Mexican, Guatemalan, Honduran, Salvadorian, Peruvian, my own, Ecuadorian, Nicaraguan, and some more....but they are slightly all different, but I cant understand them all yet....but I'm getting there. Everyone speaks slow except the first two I listed.
Life is so good out here...and I was just thinking about how much our Father in Heaven truly loves us the other day, and how much he Loves his Son Jesus Christ, to allow him to suffer for all of us, to be raised up on the cross, and then to be resurrected so that they could be with each other again.
Our Father in Heaven knew that it would be painful and knew that it would be hard, but he lets us struggle in life because it enables us to find power with in us and so that we can know that we can do hard things in life. Our Father in Heaven lets us ride our bike with training wheels until we get it, and he will be there all the way until we figure it out. but when we do figure it out, when we figure out that everything that happens to us is out of the pure love that our Father in Heaven has for us, we are endowed with power from on high to keep us moving forward, to help us at all times.
When we acknowledge that Father in Heaven loves us enough to cut us down and hurt us just so that we can become stronger and tougher, we gain the power to trust. trust is helps us get through the hard times in life. if something bad happens, we don't get mad, curse God and never let it go, we accept it, and thank Him for His Help in changing me to be a better version of myself even though it hurts. there will always be help as long as we do what we must to make the best of whatever is happening.
"And now, I, Moroni, would speak somewhat concerning these things; I would show unto the world that [trust] is things which are hoped for and not seen; wherefore, dispute not because ye see not, for ye receive no witness until after the trial of your [Trust]. Trust that our Father in Heaven knows whats best and you will always be better off!
(sorry if it doesnt make sense...my mind is going 100MPH right now due to the whole last week)
No comments:
Post a Comment