Monday, April 21, 2014

[Weston] Anaheim Weekly April 21, 2014


Afternoon My Peep's!

How we all doing this fine warm afternoon? Oh well at least it is warm over here! In fact it is hot. I found out that I do not particularly care for hot/warm weather all year round. I can tell that is going to be a hot year! 

This week was pretty awesome! I got to meet an Apostle, wait what?!

Monday - We had a pretty interesting zone activity, we played some soccer, but then went over to the playground equipment that was at the park we were at, and we played Lava Monster. Very old kid's game, and it was so funny. There was about 14 of us missionaries doing that. Good day.

Tuesday - We had some studies, and I had another doctors appointment for me feet. The doctor performed surgery again, on my feet. Fun stuff! Then bought me lunch. Cool beans! He said that he will be taking us to the hospital he works at next time because apparently they have super good food there. I did not mind! Sounds good to me! He used the word 'food'. I am in! We had a lesson with one of our investigators, who seemed pretty golden when we met her, but she dropped us right then and there. It was awful, the member that was with us, Hermano Castillo tried to fix it, but it pretty just made it worse. But all is well! 

Wednesday -  We had a district meeting, super great! Unfortunately I cannot remember what we talked about exactly, but I know it was good! WE also ate dinner with out investigators named Denisse and Maria, and talked about the Book of Mormon. Frustrating, because they just wont read it! They have not read hardly any of it, and do not know if it is true yet, so do not want to read it until they have that knowledge. Uh, helllo? Osea, Ubicate! That does not even make sense! You have to read it to find out! Quite frustrating! I cut my own hair when we got back to our apartment for the night. I was pretty good.

Thursday - We had a normal day, except I ate a ton of spicy chili's! It was awesome! We had dinner with the Hermana Garcia in our ward, and she made us what is called  'Patches'. They are basically tamales, but instead of Masa, it is Potato. They were bomb diggity! Anyways, the hermana asked me if I can like spicy food. Pica. and I said, I have not eaten anything that I have not been able to handle so far our here on the mission. Her face lit up wit excitement. She got me some Chile ceranos to eat, and I ate like 3 of them at the same time. No problem. She freaked out and called her friend haha. She was like, I have never seen an Elder eat chilis like that! I had 5 total. Can I say, ouch? They were so dang hot by the time I got to number 5! Whew! But it was all good. Just some mild sweat! I love Spicy food! I have gotten so good at eating it!

Friday - We had weekly planning, and then had dinner with the Bishop. Super awesome dinner! We had Lasagna! Yum! And we talked about the Resurrection. It was super great because we talked a lot also about the Apostles, and general conference. We talked a lot about Elder Packer's testimony and how he said at least in Spanish "Lo Conozco" when he was talking about Jesus Christ. "I know him". So powerful. I one day will be able to say that as my own testimony. It was so amazing! 

Saturday - Awesome Day. In the morning I had the privilege of waking up early, and traveling down to the stake center that is across the street form the Newport Temple. I arrived at about 8:15, and waited patiently as did the rest of my entire mission, with the Irvin mission as well. At about 9:30, it just so happens, that Elder Neil L. Anderson of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles walked in. We had a mission conference with him! It was so awesome! He talked about making sure that we are becoming the best that we can be. And also about Honesty, and about the Book of Mormon, how we need to know it, and know the stories, and doctrine that is found within it. It was amazing. Before the whole conference started, I got to be one of the first people to shake his hand! It was so amazing! It was a very powerful moment. I felt the Spirit so strong when I shook his hand. I know for a fact that he is an Apostle of our Lord Jesus Christ. Without a doubt in my heart. Just an awesome day!

Sunday - Easter! It was awesome! Church was just so uplifting. We learned so much about the Resurrection, so amazing! Just such a fantastic week! We taught our investigator Alfredo, and he is definitely set for this upcoming Sunday. Set as in he is going to get Baptized! #GetDunked! I am so excited! I also had the privilege of giving two blessings to a couple members. It was an awesome day!

Funny Story - Well this morning, my district leader and his companion came over because they wanted me to give them each a hair cut, because they liked the way mine looked. So Elder Pace my DL sits down in the chair and says give me a 5 on the top, and a 3 on the sides, and so I grabbed what looked to me like it said 5, and I start going. But I usually start with the top, and it was not a 5. Backwards and upside down, yes it almost read 5, but in truth it was a 2. I buzzed my district leaders hair this morning. I feel/ felt so bad. It was such an accident! Hay! but then I cut his companions hair Elder Yazzie, and it turned out fantastic. I will send some pictures and a a couple videos. They both still want me to cut hair.... even my DL.... awkward... Oh well. He got what he paid for right? haha.

In other words, this week was fantastic! I love it out here! Spanish is coming along great! I understand about 93.694% of the time ;). I know that our Savior Jesus Christ lives! DO YOU?!

Elder Weston Scott
\







p.s. --  So haha, we played on the play ground again, and before we started I was chasing a frisbee and it landed on top of the play ground equipment, and I could reach it if I jumped, but I was standing under this ladder type thing (did not realize it) and jumped up to grab it, but two inches above me were three or four steel bars, well, let's
just say that they were not so kind to my face....I will attach a picture. Any suggestions to get rid of a head ache? Not that I will be able to check my email again anyways.... But yeah thought I would at least tell you. My face is very ugly now, well sort of.... Fun stuff!

That is what happens when Elder Scott plays on a play ground. Remember the time when I slipped in 4th grade and racked myself? I have officially decided that I will not play on play grounds anymore. Danger.

Anyways, my face hurts, my neck hurts, my head hurts haha. Loving it out
here! :) No worries though!

Love you!


No comments:

Post a Comment