How are all of you's doing? The reason I ask you this day is because I hope you are all doing well, and being good Children of our Father in Heaven this week, and I guess I should say always...I'm so weird these days guys, I will be honest....I have become the most interesting man in the world, and mission and I believe if you want to have fun, it means you have to be willing to make everything fun. You have to seek out every aspect of fun midst everything and I don't mean goof off, but to make yourself happy and on the mission it is fun, because usually its fun, but sometimes, I just make myself have the state of mind of being happy, even when all Heck breaks loose, because there is no sense in letting my self feel down....anyways to get out of my rambling,
This last week was so slow but so fast at the same time, we taught our investigators this week, all of them, finally, and was great, they all seem to be doing good, but are wanting to learn more and so they aren't really keeping all of there commitments, but each lesson this week gave us an idea of where they are at and so we are in good standing with them. William we taught the priesthood to, as well as Elpidio, and they both accepted it well, and we had some really good spiritual experiences which they needed, Teodoro or Teddy, has not been progressing at all so we are about to drop him if he doesn't follow through on the chapter we have given him...he is stuck on a situation that happened to him with another member, and will not forgive...and he says he has but he really hasn't. Amelia and Raiza are sisters, that have slowly and slowly been coming to a stand still in their learning, and we finally broke a barrier with Amelia last night, but Raiza doesn't want to read the Book of Mormon, just the bible, but they are doing good.
On Saturday morning, I was assigned a talk to give in sacrament meeting, and it was for me and one of the sister missionaries as well. so she decided to give a talk that she created in the mtc, which means it like 5 or 6 minutes right... Well, we were supposed to have 20 minutes for the both of us to talk, and I was fine with more time, because I have a lot to say all the time. I prepared my talk as best I could and so we get there on Sunday, and Sacrament starts, and she is freaking out because she is scared of everything....but then the first speaker, who was a sister in the branch, spoke for like 3 minutes...ahhh....and then Sister Hansen, the sister missionary, gave hers and it was about 4 or 5 minutes . . . . . . um crap, so Presidente Fuentes asked me before I got up to speak for a little longer than planned....um I dont have Spanish down yet....and so I got up there and gave my talk, and I actually talked for about 17 minutes....in Spanish.....and it was ok, and then a couple who was moving out was asked to come bear their testimonies by President Fuentes after I sat down, just to fill time...but I talked about the usual thing missionaries talk about, but I put it in terms of members so I asked three questions
1 Why have we been asked to be member missionaries?
2 How do we fulfill our duties as member missionaries?
3 What does it mean when the missionaries ask for your help?
These three Qs are something our branch lacks knowledge in, because the help we get is small, and rare, and now that we do not have a car, we have to actually ask for a ton of help. Our mission leader of the branch is more like another missionary, who doesn't quite understand how to use branch missionaries and we have 8 of them, whom of all, I know not one.
Anyways, everyone said I did fantastic, and that my Spanish was good....and my accent...and they said that they could believe I have only been out for 6 months..but I had most of it written out into and outline...but I don't feel like it was my best job...but oh well. I had fun though.
Let me see that's about it this week, my leather bag actually decided it was going to break on the strap and so now I have to use the worlds ugliest and crapiest bag until I find a replacement of get it fixed...but its all good
Could you tell phoebe that I got her package, and that the shirt was sweet....and that that is one good looking family they have form those pictures.
Anyways Elder Scott is still the coolest thing on earth since sliced bread, but its whatever.
I am so excited to call in two weeks, and I am not sure about the skype thing because our branch is really poor and they really don't have anything, but we will see what we can do...maybe go to the lady that dad works with in revere...but who knows
Love you all
Elder Mason Scott
"Amid the din of war, the rage of pestilence, the commotion of nations, and the dissolution of empires, Truth shall walk forth with mighty power, guided by the arm of Omnipotence, and lay hold of the honest in heart among all nations; Zion shall blossom as a rose, and the nations flock to her standard, and the kingdoms of this world shall soon become the kingdoms of our God and of His Christ, and He shall reign for ever and ever" and i cant wait for the day when our savior comes in all his glory and for the part i will get to play in his work in that time
1. leaving an appt last night
2. book of mormon musical...we handed out cards/pamphlets/and books of mormon
3. huge mural outside an art studio...about lynn...kind of
No comments:
Post a Comment