Monday, April 7, 2014

]Mason] Lynn is the place to be right now.



Ok, so I do not have to much to share this week, other than the fact that I love this place so much.  The work is super slow and hard but i feel like i am meant to be here right now.  I love our branch so much, and I have been welcomed so well. the people in our branch are so cool, especially our President, Presidente Fuentes, who had only been a member for 7 years, and five of those as the branch president. he is so cool, and I love him so much.

    This week we taught many of our investigators and it was pretty gun.  Monday night we had nothing planned, and the Revere 2nd elders needed a ride to a place, and so we gave them a ride, but on the way, we received a call from the sisters in our branch, and so we went to the church. we were asked to give a blessing and it was in Spanish.  Elder Tuckett annointed and I sealed the the annointing and gave the blessing....let me just say that I was so nervous because that was actually my first one in spanish, but I knew that My Heavenly Father would help me as long as I did what he asked of me, and so as we got there, we said a prayer, and I was actually the one giving it. and i knew that my spanish is still pretty rough, but I asked Heavenly Father in the prayer, to please bless us with the ability to speak with the Gift of tongues and to be guided by the Spirit in the blessing.  I felt an immense peace come over me in the prayer, and I ugh...started to um, ugh tear up...and I knew that my Father in Heaven was there and was going to help me. so we go inside, and I am still having a hard time understanding people, and so we were there for a like 15 min and then she finally was ready to receive the blessing.  They were decorating eggs or something. but i remembered I asked for help inthe blessing, I asked for help in exercising the Priesthood authority that I have been given to help God's children to progress in this life, and so Tuckett annointed and then I went ahead and sealed and blessed. and I knew that God helped me in that blessing, because I had things come to mind in Spanish, and i thought in spanish, and afterwards, she said, "I thought you dont speak Spanish"...I am so grateful for God's AHnd in every part of my life and for the opportunity I have to be a Priesthood bearer and to act in God's name to help his children.

After the blessing, we received a phone call to come and introduce religion in this teenagers life for this organization.  It was English.  So we go there the next day and talk to this kid, and his friend, Richie and Curtis...and richie is struggling with so many things, and its possible that he will go to jail soon, and he is only 15. The whole time, we were trying to introduce who we are and explain our purpose, and they are sitting there blowing watermelon flavored smoke at me and it was so annoying...i wanted to stand up and just tell them whats what, but I am better than that, because I know Christ wouldn't do that. We are meeting with them again this week as well.

Ok so some big news this week that I am so freakin happy about is I finally finished the Book of Mormon in Spanish for the first time, and yes I know it took forever...but it would  have been earlier, but when i got half way in december, the mission started the BOOK OF MORMON challenge to mark every reference to christ, and so I started over....but its all good now.  I'm going to restart and totally own it as well as D&C in Spanish and then after....Old and new testaments....and maybe Jesus the Christ in Spanish...but not quite sure about that one right now.  I am only studying in Spanish right now and i am determined to learn this language because that is What My Father in Heaven has asked me to do.

I loved all of conference, but I didnt get to watch the last session on sunday, because President fuentes asked us to go with him and grab a tire form his house and take it to braintree which is about 40 min from our building. I dont know why, but I absolutely feel a need to watch it right now, and I cant yet...but no worries. I love conference so much.
I dont have a favorite talk, but I will get back to you on that. No aunt Karen and uncle Brian didnt find me....not good if they were to do so....I really dont want to see anyone unless its Sam and Brie because they live here, or you guys in october of 2015...sorry.  Also thanks for the package...and the RUGBY BALL........I was so happy last week, and boy did it feel great to hold one of those...elder Mcjanet, here in this area, also played and so we were having the time of our lives.

Baptismal interviews are done by the district leader, unless it is the district leaders investigator, in which case, the Zone leaders do the interview.  Normally we go over the questions throughout the lessons we teach, just to make sure that they understand everything, and so we can get an idea of whether we need the interview done by a missionary or by president. generally if its soemthing with crime or abortion or soemthing pretty major, we can generally figure that out from what they tell us, and so its rare to have more than one interview...but it does happen....Grandpa will pass...I know it!

Anyways, I love the Gospel so much, I love Spanish so much and I love teaching people about the gospel of Jesus Christ and more importantly i love bearing witness that CHRIST LIVES and THROUGH HIM WE CAN RETURN TO OUR FATHER IN HEAVEN.

Con mucho amor

Elder Mason R Scott
Be Better, not bitter

No comments:

Post a Comment