Ok so we found out what is happening for transfer. I am staying here in Hartford and Elder Pope is heading up to Cambridge to serve with Elder Wharton (Weston's old Comp). and to add into this, I am training a brand new missionary again. so lots of change here, and we are even moving down 9 floors in our complex so that another set of missionaries can live with us...#cleanapartment....
um this week was interesting. I have been trying to gather a list of things that have to be done here in the next few weeks, to put the Hartford area back in order...its tough though.
This week we had zone conference put together in 2 days notice and President Packard and the other leaders in the mission addressed our goal of 420 baptisms by June 30. Its a stretch....(70 a month)...but I know we can do this. I was actually given a chance to speak during it as well, and in the following zone meeting, and i shared thoughts about how the Lord needs us, not just working hard, but he needs all of us. this is a goal that he has set with us. it was a revelation given to President Packard, and so He is already planning on making it happen. we have to give all of our heart, might, mind, and strength, and even more than that.
We then spoke on sacrifices for the mission. and things we will sacrifice this month or in the following months, and I'm still pondering mine, but I have officially decided to do all I can for the Lord. I have been doing missionary work here, but I know there is another level of dedication, of consecration, one of where my Heavenly Father would be well pleased in stead of just pleased. It all depends on me though. I stand in the way. I am my biggest enemy, but God has given me the tools to change that. so I will change it.
When I think of what I could have done, or who I could have been, or how much more or harder I could have worked, or when anyone thinks of these types of questions, we put this mind set that I wasn't good enough then, which leads to the thought process of I am not good enough now. In reality, things have happened that we wish had gone better; ie relationships, missions, jobs, school, exercise, or whatever. honestly we cant change the past. so why does it matter. what we can do is change now. we must change our thoughts, our actions, our whatever. We cant dwell on what happened. its like the same as saying what does crying do....? there is no point. let us all learn from our past flaws and see them as what they really are, imperfection. and let us make sure that our past is not what defines us, it is what we choose to do and who we choose to be now that does.
No comments:
Post a Comment