Monday, January 19, 2015

[Weston] Anaheim Weekly January 19, 2015


Dear all of you,

We had a baptism yesterday! Her name is Ana, she is ten years old. She is so awesome! Super shy, but awesome! Her uncle, Tío Gio, flew in Saturday Night, and we baptized Ana and Diane, her younger sister, yesterday! Woot woot it was so Awesome! There were so many funny things that happened with preparation, also some sad and unfortunate things happen as well. But in the end, all is well. But if there is one word to describe baptisms that I can use, it's Stressful!

Haha. We got to dance with some spiders this week when we were doing some yard work. I swear, there are so many sliders everywhere these days. I can't stand it anymore! Haha. They are everywhere! So some other news this week, Elder Bickmore and I got a car, so that's pretty nice. This week really there is not much to say! I am trying so hard to write about things. Nothing really happened! 

Actually, I am not sure if I already had mentioned a few weeks ago, but Erik had dropped us before Christmas. Last weekend he had an episode from his PTSD and depression, and tried to take his own life. His Mother-in-law talked to us at church last Sunday, and told us everything that went down. Erik called us this week, and said he needs the Gospel in his life. I hope that he can progress again, and finally enter the waters of baptism.

I know that the Gospel is true. These past week few weeks I have been trying to create a vision and motto for the rest of my mission. Something that will keep me motivated to finish strong. I am coming close to finishing it soon, but I definitely have a testimony of goal setting. Elder Ballard said, "I am so thoroughly convinced that if we don't set goals in our life and learn how to master the techniques of living to reach our goals, we can reach a ripe old age and look back on our life only to see that we reached but a small part of our full potential. When one learns to master the principles of setting a goal, he will then be able to make a great difference in the results he attains in this life." Create a vision by which you can live by that will allow you to reach your full potential in this life.

Elder Weston Scott

Ana, Diane, Hermana Corona, Me, Tío Gio in the back (in the white)



No comments:

Post a Comment