Tuesday, January 13, 2015

[Weston] Anaheim Weekly January 13, 2015



 Hello!

This week was another fantastic one! We have more baptism candidates! Haha. We are working with a newer family that accepted the baptismal challenge! I am so excited! We are also baptizing a little 10 year old girl this Sunday! Woot woot! I love missionary work! It's so fun and so humbling, to see the spirit working on people as we teach and testify, there is just nothing better.

Anyways, this week was pretty great because we received some hard core training on how to plan more efficient and be more diligent as a missionary. Soooooooooo amazing! Elder Bickmore and I are doing so great! We have been so busy, and therefore more focuses on the work! It's such a blessing! We taught a recored high number of lessons in our specific area of about 25 I think! It was so fun! We also helped with service this week by moving a fridge for an Hermana that was
moving, and we also helped a few other people move some furniture. I like being helpful to people. But doesn't everyone? I mean yeah!

We had interviews with our Mission President this past week as well, it was a great experience. I love my mission president, because he just cares so much about who we are and who we are to become as we follow Christ and consecrate ourselves more fully. He invited me to think about the covenants I have made, especially as I went to the temple the next week. Well there is the reason why we didn't have P-Day yesterday, because we went to visit the Newport Beach Temple today! It was lovely! I know and bear testimony that the temple is The House of the Lord. And that it is the holiest place that man can stand while here on the Earth.

I went on exchanges with my zone leaders this past Thursday, which was pretty great, we talked a lot about goal setting and about having a vision on the mission, and how it will carry us to be better. That is definitely something I am working on right now, to make a vision and a mission statement for myself.

I began Physical Therapy this week to begin a program to strengthen my shoulders. Just another problem that a #Scott always has to have right? Haha. But in all seriousness it was a great week.
Funny Story of the week: Elder Bickmore and I gave a blessing to a less active member. Nobody was home so we could not enter her apartment. So she asked if we could pull a chair to the door and do it there, so we did. So. It enough space for us both to place our hands on her head, so I gave the actual blessing after my Comp had anointed. She has this dog, an English Terrier. Weird looking dog haha, but so excited to see us. It was trapped behind the sofa in the living room, and somehow it moved the sofa enough to come charging at us, during the blessing mind you, and so we all end up fighting off this dog during it, coolest blessing moment in my life! Haha

 :) anyways. Have a great week! D&C 68:6 "Be of Good cheer and do not fear."

Your favorite missionary,

Elder Weston Scott

No comments:

Post a Comment