Hello!
This week was another hard one! But is well I suppose. I will share the weeks events with you all. On Monday evening, our only lesson canceled, and so Elder Quito my companion refused to go out and work. Nothing new, I understand completely, he has been struggling a ton lately. We ran to the store because he was sick, and bought some cold medicine for him, as we checking out, President Taggart calls us, and we asked him if we could call him back a few minutes later. We finish checking out, we walk outside, and some random member from Arizona waves us down. Him and his family were visiting Disneyland, and he hands us twenty dollars to go and get some dinner, and we were like, "uh....we can't accept money straight, but we could go inside with you if you would like to buy us dinner." We walked inside, we didn't really have a choice, and we met his wife, and his 6 sons. All boys. Whoa. Lots of blessings! Boys rock! Anyways, so we got some food to go. We call President back, and he proceeded to tell us that Elder Quito was to fly out back home in the morning and that we needed to be at the mission office at 6:30am. We were a little shocked, because he was to meet with the psychiatrist Tuesday afternoon. But Missionary Medical sent him home. So we went home and packed everything, and we woke up early and drive to the office. We got there early amd seminary was going on inside the building from my old ward! Santa Ana 10! So I popped my head in to see if my convert Axel was inside. He wasn't, but I made eye contact with the teacher, a good friend I had from the ward, and she starts yelling, "Elder! Elder! Ven! Elder!" So I walked in and she had me bear my testimony and answer some questions. It was fun.
| Elder Quito and I at the Airport. His last day. |
When we returned, the other two Elders in my district, Elder Bickmore and Elder Encinas, picked me up, and we became a trio at that point. We moved all of their stuff into my apartment, which was not easy got situated. We now cover the biggest Spanish area in the mission. Pretty awesome! We have so many people to follow up with, and not enough time to do it. We already have about twenty lessons planned for this week. The real struggle is that I am training now. This is now my third transfer with Elder Bickmore, and we are both training Elder Encinas. The trainee is very interesting. He seems to complain about everything. The car, the iPad, the apartment, his old area, and don't forget my friend Elder Quito. It has been rough for me be patient and just listen to it. But I understand why he is like that. He has had a very interesting home life.
It has been interesting the past week as a trio. Friday was super interesting, because Elder Encinas some how exploded ketchup all over his shirt, then a Elder Bickmore ripped his shirt pocket. You would never guess what I then did. Elder Encinas was pushing my buttons, and like a 6-year-old stole some stuff off my dresser and ran into the bathroom. I unlocked the door, and slammed the door, with him behind it, against the wall, and ..lol....l broke the door off its hinges. Huge mess. Awkward phone call I made to the Housing Coordinator. I somewhat fixed it. Anyways. Awkward moment. Trios are hard, that's all I can say. My patience is definitely being tested right now.
| Mariscos... Yum! |
We were in the ward choir for our Ward Conference, which was super interesting, because we all sounded so terrible! Yikes! I thought my ears were going to start bleeding haha.
Something that I realized this week, is how close of relationships I have created with a lot of the members here in this ward. I feel that the members trust me a lot here, which I am grateful for. I love my calling, and I never want to give it back. I will forever stay Elder Scott.
Our investigator Emilio is doing awesome! He has been praying a ton! Yesterday shared with us a ton of experiences he has had and seen of our Heavenly Father answering his prayers. He committed to read and pray specifically to know if the Book of Mormon is true.
This morning during my personal study, I found a scripture that I had been looking for. It is 3 Nephi 12:6, "And blessed are all they who do hunger and thirst after righteousness, for they shall be filled with the Holy Ghost." It's an action. Simply put, we must act on our testimonies to feel the Holy Ghost. Have a great week!
Your favorite missionary in Anaheim!
No comments:
Post a Comment