Monday, March 2, 2015

[Mason] What a fantastic way to start off the new transfer!!!


Alright, this week has been so great. Sad because my companion Elder Anderson left to Lynn, MA, but fantastic because now I'm serving with Elder Silva and we are killing it out here in Hartford.

As many of you know, this last Month in the Hartford zone we made a goal to find 100 investigators in a month, and that is something that has never been done here, the most was like 90 something, but I am proud to say that this zone stayed faithful and true to her goal and we found 100.  But let me just tell you something, we found more than that, we accomplished the goal with 2 days to spare, and so we actually found 115 investigators in February. It is insane. Elder Silva and I are super happy about it and super stoked to report it to the mission at MLC on Wednesday. 

Elder Silva and I set some Monthly goals this week that are requiring us to go the extra mile and even much more so. we plan to baptize 6 people this month,  including: Harold ,Juan , and Juan V. and his Family...Ginet, Elvia, Elvis, Kelvin....and so we are super excited and really focused on this. We know that there are so many more people who are ready for this big step and are ready also to make this covenant with Our Beloved Heavenly Father.  Please keep them and this Mission in your Prayers, as we are still striving to fulfill our Goal of 420 baptisms by July.

Elder Silva
The mission has seen some trials and challenges recently with the Snowfall and the church services being cancelled, and its been hard, because it has set us back on our goal. But I, a Disciple of Jesus Christ, know that God will work many mighty Miracles here if we only do what he asks of us. We must put or Shoulder to the Wheel and give our everything to him.

Elder Silva and I know that by ourselves we can complete any goal we have set. for this reason we have decided to lay some sacrifices of things that hold us back from reaching our potential on the alter. Its going to be hard and at times I will struggle, but it will be so worth it, because I know that it will not be in vain. 

Our Sacrifices are to enable us to show God that we have Faith and a desire to do his will. I know that we will Baptize at least 6 individuals.  It is more than possible. its all just a matter of us. everything always falls on us.

Getting ready for the day
My invitation to anyone who may find himself or herself reading this email, is to find what is holding you back to become a better disciple of Jesus Christ, or a better member Missionary, or whatever the case may be, because it is all related in some way, but let us find that one thing and give it up as a sacrifice to our Heavenly Father to show him that we want to help Him in His work here on earth in preparing His Children to live with Him. I am serious about this. Sacrifice is something that at times is over looked as something that i personally can do to make my plea with Heavenly Father stronger. We just had our Fast Sunday here in Hartford and my companion and i enjoyed the time we had to give up physical nourishment so that we could help our God in His important work. 

I have a testimony of this. That Sacrifice brings for the blessings of Heaven.  its not just lyrics written on a page that we often find ourselves singing or humming, it is a promise.

I love you all,

Elder Mason Scott,




No comments:

Post a Comment