Monday, January 27, 2014

[Mason] Buenos dias amados hermanos mios, que pasan?

 Esta semana pasada fue muy divertida y muy rica con la obra misional.[this week was very fun and rich with missionary work] I mean to say that we had a baptism and it was so great. Ro.....  finally was baptized and it was so funny because his knee came up when i was baptizing him and so we had to go again, and he was like "what, did it not work, why do I have to go again?" it was pretty funny. and yes I baptized him, and it was so much fun, and the font was cold..., and when we started to fill it up, the water was in between warm and hot, and we checked it periodically to see if it was still warm...and it was.  t seems to me that fonts don't like warm water...they always seem to be cold. arghhhh, but it was so great and fun. this whole last week, Ro.....'s whole countenance lit up and every time we saw him, he was so much happier. and he would tell us of these things that happened and how he got through it and some of them were hilarious and he was laughing his butt off of the dumb circumstances of opportunities that presented themselves that he turned down or got out of.

Anyways other things that happened this week were not as significant as the time we spent with Ro.....  in preparing him for his baptism and what not, but we have a new investigator named DSD... and he is such a great guy. He actually reads the Book of Mormon, and we committed him to baptism, but he said not until I know both this gospel and this book are true and it was awesome. we dont have any spanish investigators right now, and so my Spanish is kind of stagnant, and it stinks, but we are trying to reactivate some less actives that are Spanish so we can practice teaching in Spanish. P day was fun this last week, we played a game called Settlers of Katan, with a member, and it was so fun, I don't know why it was fun, it just was. i think we gave like 7 blessings this last week, and it was crazy. and we had a lot of unexpected things happen this last week. the Gu....  Family had a loss in their family and a personal trial, that I will not not share, but we went over and we talked and set goals with them and they are a less active family, bu ti think with this trial, they will no longer be on that list. and last night, we were on our way home from a retirement home, where a member lives, and we had this sudden feeling to stop by the Gu....  house, as we were driving by it, and so we went. and the whole time walking up to the door, I was thinking to myself, I wonder if Jo..... is here...side note- Jo.....  is pregnant and about to pop in 2 weeks-...and so we knock and go in, and the family is much happier than earlier in the week. and on the back of my mind is Jo....., and normally she likes to be there when we missionaries are there, and all of us in the room hear a bottle fall to the ground...and we were like what was that. and we brushed it off on the Gu.....'s son who is in bed already. we heard another one and a big sound like somebody fell over. it was Jo..... and she fainted in the bathroom...it was so scary. but the whole family was in the family room with music blaring and it wasn't when we showed up because they turned it off. now i don't know if that would have happened or not, but that doesn't matter. we had to call an ambulance to check the baby and we haven't heard back yet form the Gu.... family. it was so ....nerve racking though last night, and we couldn't help because she was ...indecent in the bathroom, we just stood there and we wanted to help but we couldn't. we are going to go over tonight or tomorrow to give a blessing most likely.

I spoke in church this past Sunday about hastening the work, and it was fun, I was asked on Wednesday night to speak because the youth speaker bailed on Brother Va...... everyone said I did good and that it pumped them up...which is good.

I love you all so much and ya

THE ELDER SCOTT




No comments:

Post a Comment