Hello everyone!
I hope that everyone is doing well! How is the weather back home? I hope there is some snow, because there is not any to be seen for miles here. The weather is super nice here, 80's most of the time, which was so incredibly strange for the new year. Usually it should be, I don't know, Cold? But I guess that is what I have to get used to now. I can still not wrap my head around the fact that I have 3 months already done with my mission. I have no time left! Ahh! It is funny here though, because any of the missionaries with 1-3 transfers left have a very hard time when someone brings up, "so when do you go home elder?" It is quite funny. They get very sensitive about it. I did the math and found out that I am not going to get a full 2 years on the mission. I am 2.5 weeks short. I am going to get jipped half of a transfer. What is this? Guess what I did this week? I hacked Facebook, for the past month we have not been able to use it, because it locked us out. I found a way to get pass all of the Facebook junk that was going on, and now am using it just fine. I helped a bunch of other missionaries do the same! I felt accomplished because I used a computer. Dad, are you proud of me? Bam. I owned Facebook. Facebook I will be honest, is so incredibly hard. Staying on missionary focus is so hard to do with Facebook, but I have found what works for me. I go to LDS.org and find something that I really like that speaks to me, and would also help some investigators, and then I change it all to the Espanol language and post it on FB. I send a couple messages to investigators (under the direction of my companion, we can not put on or send anything or do anything without the companion checking it), and I look for 1-2 investigators. We get an hour each day for Media time now, and I leave my facebook account on the whole time, while I am reading on LDS.org, and try to teach lessons over facebook if someone responds. It is quite interesting. It is quite useful for contacting investigators, but also finding people. I like using it, but like I said, it is a difficult and serious temptation. No problems yet though. I can not wait until we get I-pads (or surface-pros). They are not sure yet.
This week was pretty good. We taught a ton of lessons, and used facebook productively.
Monday- We had P-day, and transfers also happened. That pretty much took our entire p-day. So yeah. We also taught our investigator named Ar....o , who just went through a divorce, actually on Monday so yeah this day. He love the BOM but just wont pray. We don't know why, it is hard.
Tuesday - We had a pretty good day, we taught Ar....o again, and also visited I.... , he is doing super great. He will receive the priesthood soon. That will so bless his family, and bring his mom and dad back to church. We also stopped by Ef...'s house and talked to Vi....r - a less active member- and that was the day. We had a member with us for most of the night. A small older member named Hermano Mi.....z , He is shorter than 4'10". He is so cute! It was a good day. New years eve!
Wednesday - New Year's Day! Normal day, we studied as normal, and also taught a few lessons. It was great. We taught A...x our 17 year old investigator. I bet you cant guess what we taught him! Only the most awkward lesson and doctrine you can teach a teenage boy. Yes. We taught Chastity. He said he would totally follow that because it would bless his family! He rocks! He has a baptismal date for this coming Sunday! Woot Woot! Elder Vincent is going to baptize, and another hermano in the ward is going to confirm him. That is what he chose I guess?
Thursday - We had our district meeting, and now I am officially not a newb. New missionaries showed up. Oh yeah. One transfer in the field under the belt. We taught Armando again, and used facebook to teach another investigator of ours. Is...o , He is super cool, and receptive, but his wife is reluctant to accept or do anything we ask and invite them to do, she is determining what they do. Ugh. I do not like when that happens. We also had our coordination meeting. It went really well.
Friday - We had to go to pep-boys, it turns out that when you drive the oldest car in the mission, there is bound to be problems right? The tires are slowly deflating all the way around the car. We are supposed to get a new car eventually, but I would personally rather just be put on the bike! We taught A...x again, we taught about following the prophet, but also chastity again, we told him about how it I the little things that leads us to doing serious things. He understands now the law of chastity, which is so good! I love the kid so much!
Saturday - We were on exchanges. Guess what, I was the senior companion. I got to take the new Elder in our district, Elder Richards, and take the reigns in my area. We were on bikes to. It was awesome. I know a ton more Spanish than I give myself credit for. Elder Richards ran over a 3-inch nail too. It put a 2.5 hour hole in our day. My area is huge for a bike area, and we ended up having to ride at the end of the night, 45+ blocks in like seriously 20 minutes. We were out of time. we were barreling down the side walks haha. At a stop-light, some one said, "Jesus love you Bother!" It was so awesome! I am still not sure if He was a member???!! We taught a lot of lessons though! I am being trained pretty well, I never got lost once, and yeah, I did a fine job leading out the area! Woot Woot! It was fun!
Sunday - Uh, Holy Fog, we now have church at 9am, and meetings at 7am so we have to get up at 5:30am to get ready and leave for the meeting. We walk outside and could not see 15 feet in front of us. It was scary driving. It is scary regardless with Elder Vincent driving anyways, but with the fog, I thought I was already dead. We finished our studies after church or should I say started them, and then had dinner with the Lo...z family, they rock hard core! They are finally starting to come back to church. We had 3 investigators at church with us, which was incredible! N...o ( handicapped 35 year old man - Lo...z family ) passed the sacrament! It was awesome! He rocks! I love the man! We also taught Ef...n.
There is not a whole lot more I can say I guess.
This week went by super quick. I am scared about how fast the week is going by. I have changed so much. I cannot even begin to express to all of you how the mission is changing my life. This is seriously the most difficult thing I have ever done or probably ever do, but it is the most rewarding work I have ever done. I found a scripture this week that really rocks for me. It is about how we need to show respect to our Heavenly Father, and follow all that he commands. Hebrews 12:9. I also read over Alma 32. That chapter alone can change the world. Read it, ponder it, apply it. The same goes with all of the Book of Mormon. I love you all, I know this work is truly rewarding, and that I am here for a reason. I love my mission, and hope you all have a fantastic week.
Tengan un buen Dia,[ have a great day ]
Su misionero favorite en California Sur,
Elder Weston Scott
No comments:
Post a Comment