Hello all!
It was super good to hear from most of you today. There is a lot going on back home isn't there? Sheesh! :) Here the weather is warm most days, with a slight breeze, making my life just about great all the time! My arms and face are getting more and more tan every day. I don't get cold here, but I will tell you all, I miss seeing snow. There are less people on the streets when it is snowing. Driving here really is not fun at all! Especially riding shot gun. I am working on trying to change that though. It turns out that my companion should not drive, he has post concussion syndrome, and forgets where we are going all day every day. Fun right? Makes more sense now why he forgets everything. It doesn't mean he shouldn't drive, but it means that I should have the right to drive, so we don't waste so much time every day right? Alright Bueno. :) Anyways, I am loving it here in Santa Ana. We are using Facebook now, but please, do not message me any of you that I am currently friends with. If I can message you, then I will, but otherwise, please refrain because I can not look at the messages. Thank you!
Facebook is super cool though! We teach people on Facebook now and have real lesson, because soon we will also be using Skype on our I-pads. Yes, we get I-pads really soon now! So close! The only thing I do not like about Facebook is that literally everything we say or post, has to be read and approved by your companion, which is sort of a pain but oh well. I am trying to think of what to say now..... The people we are teaching are doing so fantastic. Elder Vincent and I have been teaching really well. Ar......o, he is recently divorced, and has to move from his apartment. We have been teaching him for a while. This past Tuesday we taught him about the Word of Wisdom. He struggles with Alcohol, tea, and coffee. He said he would try to do his best, but he said he really didn't know what would help him. We asked him a very inspired question, and asked him if he would like a blessing, that would help him overcome his addictions. He left for a minute 'or two and came back teary eyed, and said yes. He asked me to give him a blessing, because "[I] look more powerful". I have not given very many blessings before, but I did so. When I said amen, Ar......o was choked up, and I can honestly say, that I have never felt the Spirit so strongly in my life. It was incredible. It changed my whole entire view on missionary work. It reaffirmed my desire to be here. It was so incredibly powerful. Ar......o has been sober and had no problems since then. He has almost been a whole week! It was awesome though, because we checked up on him on Thursday, and he said, "Man, I don't know why, but since you gave me that blessing, my hair has not been right. Your burned the hair on the back of my head." It was awesome! I love the guy so much. He has changed so much since I met him.
This work that I am doing right now. It is so incredible. I can not even explain it you all. It is such a blessing to have this opportunity to be a missionary. I love this work. Let me break down the week for all of you.
Monday - P-day, so studies, cleaning, laundry, and emailing. Then volleyball, dodgeball, and scatter ball. I won dodgeball and scatter ball almost every time. Go Water Polo?? I think? And I got a few letters to open. We also taught Da...y who is nine years old. He is the younger brother of I...n, whom we baptized on Christmas Eve.
Tuesday - We had a very pleasant trip to Pep-boys to fix up the van. It turns out that Elder Vincent likes to run over nails, because we had one in each tire. That was a 4.5 hour ordeal. Fun Stuff! I totally recommend it! :) Not... Then we went to the office for Elder Vincent to start applying for college, wait sorry, I mean I did half of it for him, he doesn't know what he is doing. Anyways, then we went and taught Armando, and gave him a blessing. We also taught Da...y again. It is hard teaching a 9-year-old. They have no attention span haha.
Wednesday - Zone meeting, and then studies. We had a awesome dinner with the P.....ni family. They are so cool! And then we had our first class with the members. We are now teaching a class to our ward members about Preach My Gospel. And how they can use it themselves, and how they can better help us during lessons. It went well!
Thursday - We had another zone meeting about Facebook. That was a long meeting. During the meeting I got a phone call from a less-active named Vi....r . His mom had just had a Heart-attack, and needed us, but he was in Riverside, over an hour away, and outside of out mission. So I gave him the mission office number to get some missionaries down to him. He is struggling a lot right now. We then did our studies, and had dinner at In-n-out and sat with this Homeless man who proceeded to tell us his life story. It was interesting. We gave him a card. We talked to him because as we were picking up the food from the counter, he read my tag, and was like "Does that say Jesus? Come over here and talk to be about Jesus!" It was so awesome! We taught Ar......o , and checked up on how he was doing with everything. We then went to our weekly missionary coordination meeting with the ward mission leader. It was a good meeting. I love speaking Spanish, Can I just say that? I love it!
Friday - We studied, then weekly planned, then went to the Microsoft store to use Facebook. We the went and taught Al...x, directly right after and he was struggling a lot. He told us all of his problems and things that have happened to him in the past. I mean all of them. It was good to hear his doubts. We also taught Ar......o, and the wife of out new convert Ef....n. Her name is Ro....o. On our way back to the apartment, Al...x called, and it turns out that he has to wait two more weeks because he has been drinking coffee. So we taught the Word of Wisdom over the phone.
Saturday - We studied and went to the temple tour. It rocked! And we taught Da...y and Fr.....co, a less active. I tried my first papusa.
Sunday - We had church and taught Al...x, Be...y, and Ef....n. It was an overall great church day.
This week was amazing. I learned a lot and strengthened my testimony a ton. I love this church, and this time I have to be a missionary. Have a good week all! :)
Your favorite Missionary in CALI,


No comments:
Post a Comment