Monday, March 3, 2014

[Mason] Amados hermanos mios...

Ok so this past week we did a bunch of work; but I will get to that a little later. just like Weston, we had zone conference as well.  It was sweet. I wish I could tell you everything that I learned but I cant because this email would take me 24 hours to write and then some. But the most important thing I learned is that every prophet in the Book of Mormon was successful at what they were doing, be it preaching the Word of God, or keeping the Church running, or whatever it may be, they did it because they had such a great desire to serve the Lord and bring their brethren unto the truth. some of them "could not be restrained because of the power of the Holy Ghost which is in me" and some of them felt pain because of their brethren that were lost. 2 Nephi 33:3, 1 Nephi 15:5, 2 Nephi 6:3, Jacob 1:7-8,19, Ether 12:2-3  I could give you so many scriptures about these prophets, but the point is that we need to have this desire to do the work in order to actually persevere and do it. I have finally realized that I want all these people I see each day to be with me and my family...you guys...after this life and I feel compelled like its my duty, and it is. My testimony is being strengthened so much out here by how much Satan doesn't want me here.  The other night we received a media referral and we went to go visit it, and this guy comes out side as we are walking up on the driveway and he stopped us there and asked us what we were doing. we pretty much were yelled at and rebuked by this feller and we left, but it was cool because I still know the gospel is true and nothing can make me deny it. also
   Yesterday, Sunday, it was fast and testimony meeting, and it was great. I wanted to get up to bear mine but there was a massive line about five min in...and our bishop had to tell everyone to keep the short and he still had to cut people off at the end...=( but anyways I wanted to share my testimonies about testimonies. As we learn and grow our testimonies do as well. The important thing though, is that we make sure we keep them and to keep them we have to share them. we absolutely have to. People need to hear our testimonies to learn and grow, and some of those people include ourselves. We need to convince ourselves of our own knowledge sometimes to make us remember what we know is true.  When we share them, we fortify what we know to be true and it help us to become more comfortable with it as well. I used to be scared to share my own testimony, but that's because I never had done my work to convince myself of it; but now, I know that people need to here it including myself.  As I share it I become amazed at what I know and what I hold most dear in this life.  Get out of the comfort bubbly zone we live in, and share it.  Not just once but as much as you can because it will give you the strength to carry on because it will...it will reassure you faith in Christ and his love for us.  Christ is our Savior and Redeemer and He will always help us.  I wrote something down the other day that I felt impressed I should write, not knowing why...maybe for me or for someone else.  It says: "Fear proves us to be faithless, but what proves faithful? our own willingness to be courageous in times of triumph and in times of despair". Courage is given to us though Christ and our Faith becomes our courage.  Courage through Christ and we need not to fear anything.  It makes sense in my head but if Christ truly is our Rock, then we must have Courage to do all things because this courage comes from Him.  Faith is being courageous and fear is being cowardly. If we trust Christ and we know he will "deliver us" out of what ever it may be, then we, no matter what, will have the courage to do all things.  Think of the stripling warriors, they knew they were only a few in comparison to the Lamanites, but they showed so much courage and didn't fear.  This needs to be us with our testimonies. I encourage all of us to to be willing to share our testimonies as often as we can.  It can be the difference of having a good day and having a great day. 

So anyways... our investigator, sister Ann Marie Underwood, or Sister Ann, as she wants to be called, is the most Golden investigator ever.  We taught her the restoration on Tuesday and then also the Plan of Salvation on Friday.  She is reading the BOM at such a fast rate that she will be done soon.  She rocks. Friday and Saturday we were on exchanges and so I left our area and went with the Ludlow elders, Elder Sutherland.  While we were out, we get a text from Trujillo and Funk, (the other Ludlow Elder), and they say that Sister Ann has a Baptismal date. During the Plan of Salvation, I guess she said that "guys, I have a surprise, I want to get baptized on March 22nd" and their jaws dropped.  She has apparently been talking to some Utah missionaries and they have been working with her as well. She is amazing.  She came to church as well, but couldn't stay the whole time, but she loved it so much and is so excited to come again...she is sooooooooooooooooo cooooooool! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

While on exchanges, we had to drive 80 miles to go do a baptismal interview with the district leader and their investigator in Gardner.  This happens to be Elder Miskimens, my MTC companion, who is doing great.  Its fun to see him every month because he is in our zone but anyways, we then had dinner with a member and then went to an investigator who's name is Myrna...she is Golden if not more so than our investigator. she was asking these perfect Q's that Sutherland didn't quite know how to answer, but I could and it was so cool.  I knew that I was need that night to help him answer her Q's/.  She then at the end brought up some old memories  of when Tyler, Wes and I were younger and when we watched beast wars, the prequel to transformers.  We talked in Spanish because she is Puerto Rican, but her Spanish sound like Spain Spanish because of her father who is from Spain. It was cool.  I felt so happy.  I learned a lot about what the law of consecration really means and I learned that it is giving all you can, time talents, food(if you are a missionary) to people(my companion).  It has some more in depth but this applies to me because I have been trying to make things fair in this companionship but that is not how its done.  I must do all I can, even if its not fair, because that is what the Lord would do.  I know that by doing so, the Spirit will enter our companionship more so, and I will learn to love my comp in more ways.  Christ loves the world, and the world is the cause of his Pain and suffering, yet he forgave. His life was taken and yet he forgave. Nothing was fair, but he loves us so dearly that it doesn't matter. This is what I am trying to do. I want to live the Law of consecration to the best of my abilities because I know that God has put me with Trujillo and Romero to help me learn these things. Life isn't fair, so move on. if it makes my comp happy it makes me happy right?

Anyways, I love this church and my mission. I am doing great. Thanks for the flash drive and thanks for the support.

Love you all and see you in 19 months in person

Elder Scott
Be Better not bitter

We taught primary...and that's about all the pics i have for this week...sorry

No comments:

Post a Comment