Hello Everyone!
How is everyone doing? It has been a while! This past week..... And a half have been great! We did. It get to have P-Day this past Monday because we had training for our Mormon Helping Hands Project that we were supposed to be helping with this coming Saturday. We were going to be translating for over 400 people, and helping them to begin their citizenship papers, it was going to be awesome! However, the project was not approved by the Church HQ before they organized and once it got up totem, they shot it down use to some possible legal issues. Dang.... I was so excited to get to use my Spanish skills and help people become U.S. Citizens. So now we have no Mormon Helping Hands project, and we wasted the day we could have had for P-Day. No big
deal. But we had some awesome stuff happen this week!
Alfredo was baptized this past Sunday! Boo Yah! It was awesome! He had his interview Saturday night, and I sat on his couch for such a long time while they talked with Elder Pace in another room. They came out smiling after an hour or so and well. We had a baptism! The hard thing was planning the baptism, because there was supposed to be a ward baptism that day for a young eight year old kid named Esteban. His mom wanted a separate baptism for family, but with new church policy the Bishop shot that down and so the ward basically planned the whole baptism for us! It was awesome. There were so many people there! Oh my Gosh! But it was a good week! This week I also took the reins on driving, because we almost does several times. Elder Tanner is not a
safe/ aware/ good driver. So I took the keys, and told our vehicle coordinator. Yay!
Alright, the break down for the week.
Monday - So I cut my district leader and his companion's hair, and then we went to a park shortly after and played some frisbee and what not. While there, well, I broke my nose..... Truly I did. I was trying to reach the frisbee while at ground level because it landed on top of one of this jungle gyms. There was a steel ladder above me that I did not pay attention to, and so I jumped full force to reach for the frisbee, and well..... Smashed my face into the ladder in 4 different parts. Nice huh? No worries ladies, my nose is not crooked (noticeably) ;). There is a part that I can feel that is not straight. Boss right? Note to self, never play on children's play grounds because I will get hurt. Fact. Another note to future children of mine, you will not be allowed to play on said jungle gyms. Ever. So that was a super fun day!
Tuesday - Okay so we had an apartment check, and I forgot that we had not cleaned the base boards in our apartment yet (in fact they had not been cleaned in over a year) so I got down and scrubbed for over half an hour before our zone leaders came by. Nice. Passed. Boom. It was a good day, my nose was not super black either, so only about half of everyone that I talked to noticed my nose. We read in the Book of Mormon, and talked more about how we will not progress with the lessons we have planned until they do their part by reading. I think they are finally starting to understand the importance of reading. To me it is quite simple! The Book of Mormon is the Keystone to our religion! Without it, we have nothing. Boldly stated enough, our church is not true unless the book is true. If the book is true, them Joseph Smith is a prophet. And if Joseph Smith is a prophet. And if he is a prophet, then all that come with that, and what we proclaim as missionaries is true. The true church of Jesus Christ has been restored.
Wednesday - We had our district meeting and we learned about how to tach more powerfully by the spirit, and also about listening by the spirit. It was so totally awesome! We ate lunch at chipotle, which was fun, it is just not nearly as good as what I get every night out here haha. Love the comida here. :) We ate two dinners, one with this woman that totally grew up here in California haha of you know what I mean. "Oh stop it!" (Insert accent here.....) it was so hilarious! We then ate dinner with two of our investigators. Had some American style tacos. We taught the about the Book of Mormon as well, and about our own personal stories with how we came to know that it was true. It was good for the most part!
Thursday - We had some normal studies to do, and we were told to take our car in to the dealership because our Chevy Cruz model was recalled with some sort of defect in the front right axel. But our vehicle coordinator Elder Butterfield told us last second not to go, because he did not have any spare cars if case they take ours. So we waited to go. But we did some cool contacting and found some new investigators! Kind of a slow day, but we tried pretty hard!
Friday - Had some awesome studies in the morning,then during the almuerzo I made some more Hortchata, and it was pretty good. We then did our weekly planning session. Super good one, we made some solid plans for this week. It was good! We ate dinner with the the relief society president which was awesome! We had some interesting mole/chili chicken mix. It was delicious. The only thing is that it attacked my shirt haha. It is funny. Me manché! I always say that, or something like "I've been shot!" Super fun! We then went to Jorge Diaz's house to help him prepare his talk for the 27th. I explained an
outline that he could use, and read over the material he was given to use. It was really good! We taught Alfredo after that, and got him
even more prepared for his baptism. His interview was scheduled for the next day. We started exchanges that night.
How is everyone doing? It has been a while! This past week..... And a half have been great! We did. It get to have P-Day this past Monday because we had training for our Mormon Helping Hands Project that we were supposed to be helping with this coming Saturday. We were going to be translating for over 400 people, and helping them to begin their citizenship papers, it was going to be awesome! However, the project was not approved by the Church HQ before they organized and once it got up totem, they shot it down use to some possible legal issues. Dang.... I was so excited to get to use my Spanish skills and help people become U.S. Citizens. So now we have no Mormon Helping Hands project, and we wasted the day we could have had for P-Day. No big
deal. But we had some awesome stuff happen this week!
Alfredo was baptized this past Sunday! Boo Yah! It was awesome! He had his interview Saturday night, and I sat on his couch for such a long time while they talked with Elder Pace in another room. They came out smiling after an hour or so and well. We had a baptism! The hard thing was planning the baptism, because there was supposed to be a ward baptism that day for a young eight year old kid named Esteban. His mom wanted a separate baptism for family, but with new church policy the Bishop shot that down and so the ward basically planned the whole baptism for us! It was awesome. There were so many people there! Oh my Gosh! But it was a good week! This week I also took the reins on driving, because we almost does several times. Elder Tanner is not a
safe/ aware/ good driver. So I took the keys, and told our vehicle coordinator. Yay!
Alright, the break down for the week.
Monday - So I cut my district leader and his companion's hair, and then we went to a park shortly after and played some frisbee and what not. While there, well, I broke my nose..... Truly I did. I was trying to reach the frisbee while at ground level because it landed on top of one of this jungle gyms. There was a steel ladder above me that I did not pay attention to, and so I jumped full force to reach for the frisbee, and well..... Smashed my face into the ladder in 4 different parts. Nice huh? No worries ladies, my nose is not crooked (noticeably) ;). There is a part that I can feel that is not straight. Boss right? Note to self, never play on children's play grounds because I will get hurt. Fact. Another note to future children of mine, you will not be allowed to play on said jungle gyms. Ever. So that was a super fun day!
Tuesday - Okay so we had an apartment check, and I forgot that we had not cleaned the base boards in our apartment yet (in fact they had not been cleaned in over a year) so I got down and scrubbed for over half an hour before our zone leaders came by. Nice. Passed. Boom. It was a good day, my nose was not super black either, so only about half of everyone that I talked to noticed my nose. We read in the Book of Mormon, and talked more about how we will not progress with the lessons we have planned until they do their part by reading. I think they are finally starting to understand the importance of reading. To me it is quite simple! The Book of Mormon is the Keystone to our religion! Without it, we have nothing. Boldly stated enough, our church is not true unless the book is true. If the book is true, them Joseph Smith is a prophet. And if Joseph Smith is a prophet. And if he is a prophet, then all that come with that, and what we proclaim as missionaries is true. The true church of Jesus Christ has been restored.
Wednesday - We had our district meeting and we learned about how to tach more powerfully by the spirit, and also about listening by the spirit. It was so totally awesome! We ate lunch at chipotle, which was fun, it is just not nearly as good as what I get every night out here haha. Love the comida here. :) We ate two dinners, one with this woman that totally grew up here in California haha of you know what I mean. "Oh stop it!" (Insert accent here.....) it was so hilarious! We then ate dinner with two of our investigators. Had some American style tacos. We taught the about the Book of Mormon as well, and about our own personal stories with how we came to know that it was true. It was good for the most part!
Thursday - We had some normal studies to do, and we were told to take our car in to the dealership because our Chevy Cruz model was recalled with some sort of defect in the front right axel. But our vehicle coordinator Elder Butterfield told us last second not to go, because he did not have any spare cars if case they take ours. So we waited to go. But we did some cool contacting and found some new investigators! Kind of a slow day, but we tried pretty hard!
Friday - Had some awesome studies in the morning,then during the almuerzo I made some more Hortchata, and it was pretty good. We then did our weekly planning session. Super good one, we made some solid plans for this week. It was good! We ate dinner with the the relief society president which was awesome! We had some interesting mole/chili chicken mix. It was delicious. The only thing is that it attacked my shirt haha. It is funny. Me manché! I always say that, or something like "I've been shot!" Super fun! We then went to Jorge Diaz's house to help him prepare his talk for the 27th. I explained an
outline that he could use, and read over the material he was given to use. It was really good! We taught Alfredo after that, and got him
even more prepared for his baptism. His interview was scheduled for the next day. We started exchanges that night.
Saturday - So my district leader Elder Pace came with me in my area, and I showed him around. We taught a few lessons, and set a new baptismal date for this young 14-year-old kid named Luis. He is so awesome! The awful thing was that when we went to the lounge/ business center in my apartment complex to use the wifi for Facebook and Mormon.org, well, we walked in on this giant party that some of the English missionaries were having........ Sports games on the TV, and other stuff. We walked out immediately. For the past transfer I have witnessed this kind of thing happen, and so I simply asked President Bowen if there was something that he wanted me to do. I did not tell him who it was or anything, simply that I wanted to help these missionaries remember their call as a missionary! Well, in the middle of our lesson with Mario that night, Elder Pace felt the phone go off, and he pulled it out and it read, 'President Bowen'. He called to talk to me about what happened, and asked me to meet him in his office the following day, to identify faces........ Ugh. That night was fun. But
the exchanges went great!
Sunday - Okay so we had a couple of meetings in the which we planned Alfredo's baptism with the ward. We drove to wake up some of out investigators for church. It was good! At church we learned more about the Priesthood. Our zone leaders taught because the Bishop was sick with Pink Eye. We ate dinner at the young men's presidents house, Hermano Solano. It was awesome. Had some chilies :). Quickly after we set up everything for the baptism, because there was a ward baptism and our convert baptism together, so we had to get everything set upthe way the ward wanted it. Fun!....... Haha. Alfredo did great! The
baptism was fantastic, there were so many people there. Wow! We stopped by Bishop's house to give him back his keys to the facilities in the church building, and ended up staying there for about an hour. His wife gave us some food, and some ice cream haha. We set up some appointments for him to come out with us. Bishop was so excited because we had a baptism. It had been almost two years since our specific area has had a baptism. All of my leaders are so excited right now. They have all told me that my area is the hardest Spanish area in all the mission, because it is mostly white. So a baptism was awesome! Oh and my interview with President Bowen was cancelled, he figured out who it was all on his own. So I was happy that I didn't
have to do that! Those guys are all my friends, I felt bad. I was not trying to be self righteous or anything. These guys came out on their missions for a reason, and I want them to remember that reason, before it is too late, or before they go home.
Monday - Okay, so we had a training meeting for the Mormon Helping Hands project. It was so long, and so informative. The application for citizenship is super intense, and there are so many words I would never know between English and Spanish. The English Elders found out somehow I said something, and well, now they all want to kill me. Super fun. I think President Bowen might have said that it was a Spanish Elder he found out from, so that narrows it down to pretty much me. Yup. So that was fun. It should all be okay hopefully.
the exchanges went great!
Sunday - Okay so we had a couple of meetings in the which we planned Alfredo's baptism with the ward. We drove to wake up some of out investigators for church. It was good! At church we learned more about the Priesthood. Our zone leaders taught because the Bishop was sick with Pink Eye. We ate dinner at the young men's presidents house, Hermano Solano. It was awesome. Had some chilies :). Quickly after we set up everything for the baptism, because there was a ward baptism and our convert baptism together, so we had to get everything set upthe way the ward wanted it. Fun!....... Haha. Alfredo did great! The
baptism was fantastic, there were so many people there. Wow! We stopped by Bishop's house to give him back his keys to the facilities in the church building, and ended up staying there for about an hour. His wife gave us some food, and some ice cream haha. We set up some appointments for him to come out with us. Bishop was so excited because we had a baptism. It had been almost two years since our specific area has had a baptism. All of my leaders are so excited right now. They have all told me that my area is the hardest Spanish area in all the mission, because it is mostly white. So a baptism was awesome! Oh and my interview with President Bowen was cancelled, he figured out who it was all on his own. So I was happy that I didn't
have to do that! Those guys are all my friends, I felt bad. I was not trying to be self righteous or anything. These guys came out on their missions for a reason, and I want them to remember that reason, before it is too late, or before they go home.
Monday - Okay, so we had a training meeting for the Mormon Helping Hands project. It was so long, and so informative. The application for citizenship is super intense, and there are so many words I would never know between English and Spanish. The English Elders found out somehow I said something, and well, now they all want to kill me. Super fun. I think President Bowen might have said that it was a Spanish Elder he found out from, so that narrows it down to pretty much me. Yup. So that was fun. It should all be okay hopefully.
Tuesday - Normal day, we took our car in because Elder Butterfield told us to finally, and they has us set an appointment for the following day. We ate dinner with the Bishop and his family. The picture is on Facebook, but I will send it as well. We had Pasole, with a piña colada drink for desert. Super delicious. We taught a few lessons, and found another new investigator. Boss status!
Wednesday - We had a zone meeting, in which we learned a lot about extending commitments. Also about how we need to promise specific blessings to our investigators, so that they will feel more obligated to fulfill their commitments. It was awesome. We took our car in, and well, what do you know? Our car is a rolling time bomb. Our front right axel has the defect, and basically it could break at any moment while driving, but there was no other car we could use for now, so they ordered the parts for it, and sent us on our way with our car. So.... Sketchy? We are protected!........ :) we tried contacting at
night time for about an hour, and we walked around for a while! Holy crap!
Anyways. This week (and a half) was super awesome! The mission has really made me think a lot about who I truly am. I know that I am a son of the most powerful figure that exists. And of all the titles of deity that he has been given, He has asked me to call Him as my Father. I know that my Heavenly Father is there for me, and that he truly loves me. Through prayer I have been able to communicate within, and I know that he listens. I know that my Savior Jesus Christ loves me as well. I know that as long as I keep the commandments, and keep my covenants, then I will be protected, and will have power to
overcome all trials, temptations, and hard times in my life. I know them personally. Como yo dije hace dos semanas, a mi Salvador. "Lo conozco," también, I know my Father in Heaven.
Have a fantastic rest of your week! I will talk to you all on Monday! That is only four more days. Awesome right?
Your favorite missionary in CALI!
Elder Weston Scott :)
So a couple of photos. The baptism of Alfredo (minus my companion, he
was cut out for some reason). And also dinner with the bishop.
night time for about an hour, and we walked around for a while! Holy crap!
Anyways. This week (and a half) was super awesome! The mission has really made me think a lot about who I truly am. I know that I am a son of the most powerful figure that exists. And of all the titles of deity that he has been given, He has asked me to call Him as my Father. I know that my Heavenly Father is there for me, and that he truly loves me. Through prayer I have been able to communicate within, and I know that he listens. I know that my Savior Jesus Christ loves me as well. I know that as long as I keep the commandments, and keep my covenants, then I will be protected, and will have power to
overcome all trials, temptations, and hard times in my life. I know them personally. Como yo dije hace dos semanas, a mi Salvador. "Lo conozco," también, I know my Father in Heaven.
Have a fantastic rest of your week! I will talk to you all on Monday! That is only four more days. Awesome right?
Your favorite missionary in CALI!
Elder Weston Scott :)
So a couple of photos. The baptism of Alfredo (minus my companion, he
was cut out for some reason). And also dinner with the bishop.


No comments:
Post a Comment