Sup my homies!
How we all doing this week? My week was pretty awesome! As you all know, if you are keeping up on the blog, I was transferred! I am now serving in the Santa Ana 10th Ward. It is so amazing! I got the opportunity to speak in Sacrament, it was supposed to be a testimony, but then Obispo Santos me pidio que [ bishop Santos asked me to make sure ] it lasts for over 5 minutes. So it became a talk! It was super fun! It was interesting this week because My Spanish the week before was not very good, I guess when confidence is broken down, it builds up stronger! I have been much more fluent this week, it has been very fun! Elder Tanner my new companion and I are young in the mission field, so we are relying heavily on our Heavenly Father for the ability to speak! During the 3rd hour of church as well I got to teach the members. It was the 5th Sunday, and so it was our opportunity as missionaries to teach the members of the ward 12-and up on how to use Facebook and other social media as a tool for the Lord. It was essentially training. Basically it was only senior companions that spoke because we have 4 companionships of missionaries in our ward. But there was a twist, Elder Tanner does not like to talk to much, so I spoke instead and did the part of our training on how to make a post meaningful and something that will let others feel the Spirit. I showed them a Mormon message titled Earthy Fathers, Heavenly Father (close to that anyways) and walked them through the steps on how to share it on Facebook. It was fun! Now do not forget, it was all in EspaƱol! I absolutely love my new ward!
This week we basically white washed. Our area, so it turns out has not had a baptism in about 2 years, and they have not had any success with anything for along time. My assignment of a sort is to turn that around I guess! We have a district transfer goal of 12 baptisms! That is a huge number! We feel that we can get 2 for our area in 6 weeks. It is possible! :) This week went as follows....
Monday - P-day! Not..... Transfers day so we didn't do anything but transfer and email. Very fun day..... Not! Elder Prieto had a going home party that we all went to at the Bishop's house. He served in this ward for over half his entire mission. From junior companion to senior to trainer to district leader, and died as a zone leader. I miss him already...... he was awesome!
Tuesday - We had something happen, but I cannot remember too well.... Oh yeah! I cleaned our apartment for about 1.5 hours because it was nasty. The missionaries that had previously used it never liked to clean. Nasty! But it is very nice! There are so many college kids everywhere in our building because Chapman University in next to us. Very fun.... But we had a meeting with Bishop Santos at his house again, and this time we talked about the goals and what he expects from us. He is so incredible, I can not describe to you the Love he exemplifies in all he does. I love my new ward!
Wednesday - I had another doctors appointment for my feet, it was a check up from last week. The ingrown toenails should be fine now.... (lo que yo pienso es que todavia tengo una una mas que es encarnada. [ although I think that I still have one more ingrown ] Fun stuff! I got some nice Liquid nitrogen poured on some of my toes as well. Can anybody say, "burn baby burn!". We taught a kid named Miguel as well. He is so cool, he wants to know about Jesus Christ, and believes all that we have taught him is true.
Thursday - We had some good studies, but also ate a district lunch at my favorite place ever! Taqueria De Anda. It rocks! Super authentic place, super delicious! :) We had a district meeting and more importantly our interviews with President Bowen. It was awesome! I am sad that President Bowen only has about 2 months left! We taught a man named Alfredo as well, he has been deathly sick, and has been suffering quite a lot. I shared with him Alma 38:5 and some other good scriptures, to let him know that God our Heavenly Father is aware of his situation, and will help through it. He was very nice!
Friday - We did some weekly planning and got some good studies down! Dinner was canceled on us, so we figured something out! I made some Horchata again. This time I did it differently and found out that as I was making it, that we did not have a pitcher or a strainer or anything. It turned out .... well.... not good. Again. One bad/good thing about the new area though, is that the missionaries that used to be in this area were disobedient, and so the members don't like to sign up to feed anyone from our area. We have dinner twice this week, as apposed to the normal every day but P-day. I have to cook now I guess........ :). Interesting......
Saturday - We had a service project! It was so fun! we got to play with dirt! I love dirt! It was super fun! The woman we were helping is nice, she is not a member, but needed help "excavating" her yard, we found a tree that had been buried, and now we have to deal with that! It was good though. We stopped by Miguel's house to teach him a bit, and he was not home, which was depressing! He is way ready! But all day we pretty much knocked doors, and we found only one new investigator. It was fun though! Hitting the Pavement is super fun. Like I said we are pretty much white washing our area, so we are needing to find a lot more people to teach!
Sunday - Let's see, Elder Curtis one of my zone leaders was sick, and so I stayed with him in the morning before church so that he could keep resting. At church I spoke, and then later trained the members on how to use Facebook. We ate dinner with the Silvas family, it was a barbecue. Yum. I had a lot of Cheeseburgers. I missed them..... :) It was fun!
I enjoyed this first week of the transfer. This new area is extremely hard, we only have a few streets to work off of, so it is hard, but I am doing my best. I know that the faith that I have and the testimony I have will be a strength to me. I know that Atonement is real, and that there is real power behind it. This week I read a lot from the New Testament, especially in Acts. It is incredible to see the miracles and blessings that come from obeying the commandments, and sharing our testimonies. I love you all, and am grateful for you! The future is as bright as your Faith! :)
From your Favorite Missionary in CALI!
Elder Weston Scott
No comments:
Post a Comment