Que lo que mis manitos, or whats good my dudes...its Dominican ok, I have decided I want to learn Dominican Spanish, because it is so hard to understand, that I will understand everything else.
Anyways big news this week, I am not being transferred and nor is my companion, however we just received 6 investigators because the mission is now making some drastic changes. we do not have as many missionaries coming in as we do leaving at the moment and for the next few months, entonces nuestras hermanas se van a otros lugares [so our sisters are going to other places]....and it stinks....because we now have to cover all of the work in our area by ourselves. It is going to be slightly easier than we thought though, because as of yesterday, we are getting a car that we have fighting for for a month now, because we have an area of 22 cities, granted they are not that big, but without a car, we cant get to our investigators, and member help is scarce, but Elder Scott stepped up to the plate and laid it down flat to them, that we can do it without a car, but we may lose investigators and the work will be so slow, or we can get a car and cover twice as much ground, and get our area booming again. I am fine without a car because we will do whatever, but it is just unwise and so the AP's and the vehicle coordinator put two and two together, and are now giving us a car.
Tuesday... I was on exchanges with the zone leaders, and I was in my area, and it was fun, we didn't get lost once, and so I really figured out that I know my area really well, but um he challenged me to figure out why I like to help people, and then asked me to bear my testimony about that in our zone meeting which was a few days later. um I learned that I should be more outgoing and that I am a good missionary, and it was nice to hear that from some one who only has seen me for one day. i felt really great inside, and man exchanges are so fun....but like everything cancelled on us that day....it was a nightmare....but its all about the attitude you got when stuff happens.
so Wednesday, just a regular day
Thursday el mismo [the same], but I had the best day ever in studies, because I have been studying preach my gospel so much and focusing on so many things at once, I haven't really had the chance to take a step back and learn one new thing, that can help an investigator solely, and so I studied chapter 4 for some reason, but I came across a scripture in 1 Corintios 12:3, and this is talking about the gifts of the spirit, and it says "Wherefore I give you to understand, that no man speaking by the Spirit of God calleth Jesus accursed: and that no man can say that Jesus is the Lord, but by the Holy Ghost" and so I we have 2 investigators who are struggling to understand that they have felt the spirit before,and I actually with my companion used this scripture and we had such a great lesson with her.
Friday.....zone meeting, waffle party, transfer-text, hospital blessing for the branch presidents wife, several cancelled appointments and service, and dinner at El Tical, and it was such a fun day.
Saturday, just appointments, and correlation
Sunday...church, and about 5 miles of walking in circles, because we visited investigators que no asistieron iglesia y miembros [that did not attend church and members] also, and then we taught the great lesson with Amelia...we then waited for a bus for an hour that never came, so we called our sisters to take us home, but while waiting we played around on our cameras and used the long shutter mode and made us look like ghosts n stuff ans see through, and it was fun.
The reason I have found that I like helping people is because I am a child of God, and he loves all of his children, and because we have the same characteristics and traits that he does, as any father to any son, and so I love people and I want to help them as well. My charge to all of you reading this, is find out for yourself, what character traits has God given you in this life that have impacted, can impact, and will impact God's children?
Anyways, Elder Scott here is doing so good, and is excited for the next transfer to come, and mothers day of course
Elder M. Scott
Lo que quieres, agarrarla, y nunca dejar ir



No comments:
Post a Comment