Monday, May 26, 2014

[Mason] La Semana Pasada


Buenos noches mis amados hermanos míos, ?Que tal?

<< Mason wrote this in spansih then ran it thru google translate... this is how it came out>>>

This week was very stressful because of our investigators, Theresa, is still struggling with his faith and health and smoking for some reason I do not know.  But the stake president is willing to go ahead and have the baptism, and if she can not meet the requirements, then stop the service. 

With all of our investigators, we had lessons, and most told us they are planning to come to church and knew that is very important in learning the gospel. 

NOBODY CAME .... then, we felt that our efforts were in vain, and we both get frustrated but at the same time felt sad because no one decided to come and increase your knowledge and learn how to become like Christ and be a real disciple of Him but yesterday, we had many acquaintances and very helpful members. I gave a blessing to a sister called Luz Lantigua. 

It is great to be a priesthood holder, especially to be a vessel in which the Light of Christ and the Holy Spirit may be shining outside and touch the hearts of the children of God. It is a blessing to be able to give a blessing that could help and (depending on faith) healing a child of God, Our Heavenly Father.  The Spirit was so strong while the blessing of healing.  Especially in Spanish, because when you are trying your best to speak Spanish and have the desire to do the work of the Lord to the best of his abilities, the Lord wants to help, and this step is that, yesterday, in the blessing, with Luz Lantigua .  No Sabia and not what was said, but it was a blessing to attend one of the sacred priesthood holder responsibilities and the opportunity I received, I am grateful, and this is what made my week the best.

Ok so thanks for the package, though the granola may or may not be close to being gone, it was soooooo good, also I'm doing good with health...thought the past few days have been a struggle, due to the fact that we went so long without eating a few times, that we literally were starving, and so we....kind of....pigged out....a few times....but not again. it was awful to  feel that way again. 

So this week I fell into a research of faith, and learned about faith, and how faith can only be shown though a few of those things, and one of those being the good old classic word of Diligencia, or Diligence for those who don't speak the native language we speak here. so I guess, I have understood a new meaning of how to show faith, literally working with all the power you got, or that you can muster, and then your faith will  both be shown and increase...as we show our faith it increases as a testimony of itself. its amazing. 

As our Father who art in Heaven and His Beloved Son, Jesus Christ, want to help the both of us, we absolutely have to show this desire of their help, aid, assistance, or whatever you may call it at that moment. but in order to do that, we have to be tried. not necessarily like a test or a quiz, or even a Challenge to overcome in your life, like Smoking for Theresa. it can be simply doing all you can and not giving up. i have found that when we give up, Satan has the power, because he says, quickly and quietly, "no  worries man, its OK that you failed, just keep .....doing whatever it is......because you like it, i like it, they like it, and its cool" quitting at something when the going gets tough gives Satan power over all of us in a way that gets us down on ourselves. do not ever say its too hard,  or its too heavy, or i am tired, or its not possible, when we all know it is or we all know that you can do it if you stick with it. we cant give up, because that is too simple. ..where is our faith when we do that....there aint no faith, because we GAVE UP.

We have to stick with it to the end, no matter what. Do you all remember the story of a man named Jesus Christ. HE struggled, suffered, battled, endeavored, was conflicted with, undertook, everything that one could go through, and guess what...HE DIDNT QUIT.   Because if He had, we would have no reason for anything, we would have no way or reason to show faith and work so hard for anything, because nothing would matter. Because Christ Succeeded, we must too, because he broke free from the Phrase "I CANT", and changed it too "I WILL"  or  "I MUST"  we must not ever give up on anything. our fatih is not just a goal put to the side, but instead, a desire and a hope that guides us and strengthens us to succeed. and when we do, then we have showed our fatih. then we have been tried by our faith, and that is where we receive the REWARD..... 

So GET OUT THERE AND BE A FAITH SHOWING DOER


Also we were given the amazing chance to go to the temple and participate in an endowment session, I was able to see so many people from the good old Springfield ward....yeah!!!!

I have some pictures. 

Um I love the blessing of being able to bless others....and I have been working on my Boston accent...

"pak the ca in havad squawe and i lost my ca keys yo"


Elder M. Scott.....loves you all




so....i fell asleep praying.....yahh.....whoops...#EVILCOMPANIONS


No comments:

Post a Comment