Hello Everyone!
How are we all doing? This week was hard, and very slow but the rundown is as so.
Lunes - So we had a normal P-day basically. We went to the church to play some sports, which was good. We played some volleyball which was super fun, and yeah basically that is all we did for P-day, somewhat boring, actually, at the end of our zone activity, we played hot tamale, which is where you get wrapped up super tightly in a blanket, and then have to try and stand up. I could not get up...... Dang. It was fun though! After P-day ended we went back to work, and we found two new investigators, both of which seem pretty solid for the most part.
Martes - Okay, so Elder Tanner and I went to a funeral at a Catholic Church, it was the funeral of Luis' father who passed away about a two weeks ago. It was interesting.... to say the least...... definitely not an LDS Church that is for sure. It also happened to be Elder Tanner's Birthday, so that was pretty fun. We had some set appointments with some of our investigators, but nobody was home, we did teach a few people which was good. We taught this man named Arturo, who is a referral from a member in our ward, this guy is so Golden, I am so excited. So prepared, and so willing to listen to us! He is awesome! Apparently after we met with him the first time, his life has been improving a lot, and he recognizes that it is because he met us. Super cool! So we also had two lunch/ dinner appointments that day as well, because of Elder Tanner's Birthday, we were so stuffed. Whew. Good day, good day.
Miercoles - Well with our new training from last weeks zone conference, I decided to begin running every morning. Elder Tanner and I got up and ran for about 20 minutes or so and traveled up to the Angel's stadium, it is not too far from where we live. It was fun. I was dying. Can anyone say, "I am out of shape!!!!!?" We had a district meeting in the morning, and we learned more about promising blessings when we teach. One powerful principle that I learned and have begun to but into practice is that every time that we are closing our lesson or whatever it is, and we promise blessings associated with a certain commitment such as reading in the Book of Mormon, I say something along the lines of, "In the name of Jesus Christ I promise....." I realized that I have authority to act in His name, meaning that when I promise anything it is actually Jesus Christ doing so. It is powerful, to bring it up every time. Boldness. I'ma be bold. We ate some lunch as a district at Which Wich, which was right next to a chipotle so I ate the latter. (Thanks Mom) It was a good day. We taught Denisse and Maria who have been taught for a long time, and we talked about what they are expecting to feel or how they want to know the Book of Mormon is true. It was a good lesson. We were supposed to have an activity at night with the ward. The Bishop assigned the missionaries to find and contact every single member that is on the ward list, and verify addresses, phone numbers, and I guess residents, because there were about 300-400 people unaccounted for that live within our ward boundaries, so we did just that. Each organization in the church was assigned to a pair of missionaries, and our group was the Sumo Sacerdotes (High Priests) and only one of them showed up for the activity and decided to go with another pair of missionaries. Not cool, so basically we have to do all of the work by ourselves now. Fun. It will all be good in the end though.
Jueves - Okay so Thursday was pretty cool, kind of. We did not do a whole lot. I ran again in the morning with Elder Tanner to the Angel's Stadium, actually just a little bit farther then we did the day before. I am so sore now though. Dang. We did some studies in the morning, and I kept drifting off into sleep unfortunately. I have been so tired lately! I made some brownies during lunch for Elder Tanner and I, they were okay.... We went out and started working, and did not have a lot of success unfortunately. We taught a less-active man named Ismael, who has a serious problem with the Word of Wisdom, and maybe some other commandments as well, but we set up another time to go back and give him a blessing. He has been super sick to. We went to Alfredo's house (recent convert) and only were able to teach his wife Gina because he was feeling super sick, and was in bed. We were there for so long, she suffers from depression, and basically bore her soul to us after we started talking to her more and more. One thing that I have come to find out here in the Mission, is that because I am set apart to be a personal representative of Jesus Christ, member and non-members feel comfortable to tell us everything. It is incredible to see my brothers and sisters open up, and for me to truly get to know these people that I am serving. It was a very spiritual experience to sit and listen to Gina. She has been struggling with a lot of things, and I told her that whatever it may be, she is doing perfectly. It reminds me of Elder Hollands talk when he spoke to mothers all over the world, that they are doing their job wonderfully and perfectly. I love being out here.
Viernes - Good day, we did some studies, then we had to leave right after lunch to give a blessing to a member in our ward, la Hermana Echevarria. She only wanted missionaries to go over, so we had to call and coordinate with our zone leaders because they were the closest to us to come and help us enter the home. It was good, Elder Ramirez one of my zone leaders is from Chile, so we let him give the blessing. We headed back to the apartment to start out weekly planning, and got not even half way into it when we had to leave and go to dinner. We ate with la Hermana Garcia, she made some super good food, it was really healthy this time too! After dinner and a lengthy conversation with her, we left, and met up with el Hermano Castillo to go and visit a less-active member named Ismael again. I gave him a blessing of health and comfort so that he can finally be able to overcome his problem with the Word of Wisdom. It was a good experience, I have not given to many blessings in Spanish, it was good.We then left after that appointment, and went to go and visit a new investigator we met on Monday, and his daughter came out of the house as we were walking up to it, and started yelling at us, and being super rude, and told us to not come back (we had not even said a word yet....) Awesome. That was basically what happened!
Sabado - Let's see, we had some studies in the morning, and tried to do some more weekly planning, but had to leave and visit some peeps we are teaching. Nobody was home, and one of our lessons was canceled, unfortunately the one lesson that we were super excited about for the day. Dang. But we went back to the apartment and tried to do some more weekly planning, then left to go do missionary work over FaceBook at the Library, and then we left to go have dinner with Jorge Diaz. It was a slow day, and nobody was home! Very frustrating, this week was very slow and very boring compared to last week!
Domingo - So we had to be at the church for a meeting at 7:30am, and then had meetings that lasted until about 10am, and I left with Elder Yazzie and Elder Diaz to wake up some of the investigators and less-active members in our area. It was unfruitful unfortunately. Church was pretty bomb, we learned about when Christ established his church when He came, and how today it is literally the same. The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is the true restored church of Jesus Christ. I know it, and I cannot and will not deny it. Ever. After church we went to the apartment, and then studied, and had some food. We spent the last part of the day finishing weekly planning and setting goals for the coming week. This next week should be good. I am looking forward to this next week. It will be good. I am trying to finish The Book of Mormon again within the next 3 weeks, before transfers. I think I can do it! Well I love you all! Have a fantastic week alright!
Your favorite missionary in CALI!
Elder Weston Scott

No comments:
Post a Comment