Monday, May 5, 2014

[Weston] Anaheim Weekly May 5, 2014


Good afternoon everyone!

How are you all doing? What's the word on the street? These past few days were pretty good haha, I emailed on this past Thursday, so Friday, Saturday, and Sunday were all I need to hit right? Cool!

Thursday - Okay, we had p-day. The zone leaders decided that we would all go this park, a different one then the previous 2 or 3 we have gone to. We played some basketball in like 90 degree weather. We could only play for about half an hour before we were dead tired. I do not like that big yellow ball of fire in the sky. It is so mean! I was so dead! I bought a new tie from the goodwill. Cool tie, I like it. And we taught one of our investigators the Restoration. It was super cool, because seriously our message is unique. Almost every time that we share the first vision, people change completely, and that is what happened to our investigator named Sebastian. He was not interested at all in what we were saying, but when we brought up Joseph Smith, and about how the True Church has been restored, he gave Elder Tanner and I his full attention. It was amazing! It was a pretty good day!

Friday - Alrighty! So we had a service project in the morning with our Zone leaders, and it was pretty awesome, some pictures will be attached. Elder Gallego is the one I am battling with.... It was fun. We also had to take our car to the dealership, and get a rental car from Enterprise. I got to get a rental car even though I am not even 21! It was cool.... We are in a Nissan Altima now. Darn.  But it is all good! We tried to get our weekly planning in, but that didn't go very well..... We only had about an hour and a half for it. We taught Alfredo our new convert, and it was awesome, he has been struggling this week with bad thoughts about his baptism, but he was still continuing to do all he can do read and pray. He is awesome!

Saturday - We taught a couple of lessons. We taught a brand new investigator named Guillermo, who is awesome! He is a young father of 21 years or so, and his baby is due in 2 weeks. He is super interested, I am so excited to keep working with him! We also had another service project that night. We got to clean up after a cinco de mayo event here in Santa Ana. Wow. Latinos sure do know how to throw some parties! But we picked up trash! It was lots of fun actually!

Sunday - We had some meetings in the morning, then church at 11. Elder Yazzie and I went on exchanges to go and wake up my investigators before church, and no one came. Darn. That was the first time since I have been in this ward, that none of our investigators have shown up. We ate dinner with Elder Acosta's (of the Seventy) wife and her sister as well. It was super fun! We went back to our apartment to finish weekly planning, then went to the Bishops house, because he had something to share with all of us. It turns out that while he was sick all week, he was working for us missionaries. He called all of our parents, and got them to make videos to send to him for him to share with us! I love Obispo Santos! He is the best bishop ever! We got permission to stay with Obispo Santos for as long as we wanted, we ended up leaving his house at 10:30..... Awkward..... But it was awesome!

This week has been amazing! I am loving the mission so much! I am so excited to skype on MOTHERS DAY!


Not much else happened over the past couple of days..... Transfers.... I did not get transferred so yeah! Have a good one!

Elder Weston Scott








No comments:

Post a Comment