OK so to start of this weeks report, I want to Give a very large Shout out to my Dad because it was Fathers Day Yesterday and I didn't get the chance to do that.
ok...so I had this thought this week while reading Doctrine and Covenants....now this is just a thought and nothing more. So because God is bound by the Eternal Law, a law that we cant help but break, we are unworthy to live with Him. So we have a Savior, who God Sent, to overcome the Law so that we can return to his presence......now the thought is that because we need as savior to make an intercession between us and our Father in Heaven, our Father in Heaven Needs the same thing for us, because of this Law. He loves us so much that he, through the Savior, helps us, supports us, and raises us up and puts us on our feet again. The Savior knows us perfectly,and so does God, our Father in Heaven, but The Savior is the one who heals us and forgives us. He does the will of the Father, but it is still Christ who does it all. Our Father in heaven is Bound by The Law, but because Jesus Christ and all of us trust him so much, he speaks and things happen, such as the creation of the the world, and even us. But It is Christ that fulfills his word! So when we pray and ask sincerely and in the right way, we can receive help through Gods Word being fulfilled by Jesus Christ
Thanks Dad For Everything, But most of All, Your Love and Support in All I DO!!!
OK, so the reason my email is so called the Week of the hobbling Dead, is because I slowly got sicker and sicker this week, until Saturday Morning, when I woke up and couldn't swallow or talk....or anything really, and we went to play soccer, and so I was just sitting in goal, and then I slowly started to feel better enough to play and kick around.....but I tell you I felt like I had somebody sitting on my chest, and water in my lungs after wards.....but Elder Tuckett had the ball, and I was playing some defense and I went to stop his shot (AS I NORMALLY DO EACH DAY) and the ball and foot cause my ankle to twist as I was stepping into the block and by stepping I mean sprinting.....and so It was like a snap crackle and a pop, and I was on the Ground....king of like when I hurt my knee....so I laid there for 40 minutes while they kept playing.....and then we went home....so now I'm hobbling and I feel like I'm dying.....and then we have a packed Saturday schedule......ugh.....but the great news is that I'm healed, mostly. I knew I had to get the work done, and so I kept going and its seriously like night and Day, I couldn't put weight on it at first, but now I am playing sports again with now problems...its amazing.....so Miracle of the week...
Exchanges this week included myself being in Cambridge with my Elder Fischbeck and Elder Meservey, while Catalan came to Lynn with Tuckett. I had the greatest darn time I've had in a while, and I even got to sleep on the top bunk of a bunk bed....which was sketchy. So in our zone, we are trying to get everyone animated about contacting, and so we are playing the Contacting World Cup, and so we get points for how many people we talk too, and our goal is 5000pts...so we decided that we will take this challenge and destroy it...and usually each area totals at like 20 or 30 points a day but not us. We went Hard and got a solid 112pts, bu there is a catch to this. There were three of us, but one doesn't like to street contact at all and refused, and the other does it as long as somebody else will do it first....so it was all me for the beginning...but I was so fun. We found so many people who want to learn more and who have been prepared to hear us. It was the best, and then at about 5pm that night, we got hit by a small rain shower, that progressed into a typhoon....We got hammered by rain for like 20 minutes and it was flooding everywhere....and the rain was blowing sideways....but it was so fun.
Let me see, while I was gone, Elder Tuckett and Elder Catalan attained a baptismal date from William Rodriguez, for the 13th of July, so big news....it was great...
Um some other changes in the Area include transfers....Elder Tuckett is Now leaving to Boston, and I am getting a new companion whose name is Elder Pennington...so I'm excited but sad.
Um let me see here, what else do I have here to tell you all...um fathers day fiesta was saturday night, and it was funny. I was asked to participate at the end to fill in for a branch presidency member who didn't show up and we had to dance to this movie that some stake in Idaho made up...it was a nightmare.
ok...so I had this thought this week while reading Doctrine and Covenants....now this is just a thought and nothing more. So because God is bound by the Eternal Law, a law that we cant help but break, we are unworthy to live with Him. So we have a Savior, who God Sent, to overcome the Law so that we can return to his presence......now the thought is that because we need as savior to make an intercession between us and our Father in Heaven, our Father in Heaven Needs the same thing for us, because of this Law. He loves us so much that he, through the Savior, helps us, supports us, and raises us up and puts us on our feet again. The Savior knows us perfectly,and so does God, our Father in Heaven, but The Savior is the one who heals us and forgives us. He does the will of the Father, but it is still Christ who does it all. Our Father in heaven is Bound by The Law, but because Jesus Christ and all of us trust him so much, he speaks and things happen, such as the creation of the the world, and even us. But It is Christ that fulfills his word! So when we pray and ask sincerely and in the right way, we can receive help through Gods Word being fulfilled by Jesus Christ
My Thoughts are so strange, so sorry, but this is what D&C made me think of.
Have a great week!
Elder Mason Scott
No comments:
Post a Comment