Monday, June 2, 2014

[Weston] Anaheim Weekly June 2, 2014

Good afternoon friends!

This week was fantastic and great! I started reading the Book of Mormon from the beginning over again about 2-3 weeks ago, and now I am about half way. I am bound to finish it again by the end of this transfer. I love the Book of Mormon!

This morning I cut my district leader and his two companions' hair because they asked me to. That was super fun to do! I did a pretty good job, I will send some pictures later for you all!

Lunes - We had a lovely P-Day, we had a stake wide activity called La Elotada, all of the wards basically meet at this park in Irvine California, and they play sports and barbecue all day long. Us Spanish Missionaries are allowed permission to go each year, because it is the only time that we are allowed to play sports with the members. It was super fun, and very hot. Guess what, all of us white people got sunburned, and I mean super sunburned, I was out in the sun from 9 in the morning to about 3:30 in the afternoon, my skin hurts.

Martes - I went on exchanges into my district leader's area, and went with Elder Yazzie and Elder Diaz for the day. Super fun, we were all just dead from Monday, and all super sunburned, we could not button our top button of our white shirts. We taught a very powerful lesson to one of their golden investigators named Angelina, it was amazing. I shared a video with her titled The Power of Hope, it is a mormon message by Uchtdor. It hit her hard, the Spirit was so strong in that lesson, it reminded me why I am here. It ended up being an overall good day.

Miéoles - Still super sun-burned. Fun stuff, now at the peeling stage! Yum! We had a district meeting and talked about the importance of following up on a commitment that we leave. It was pretty good. We taught Denisse and Maria and had dinner with them again, it was a good lesson, we talked about the Law of Chastity with Maria, and a lot about the importance of living and keeping all of God's commandments.  We also stopped by Luis Ramirez's house to say hello, he recently got his green card, and is super excited, because he can go back to church now, because he lost all of his jobs. He is excited though, he has a cool story. Elder and Sister Moyes, a senior couple, are going to be taking Elder Tanner and I to dinner next week. Woot woot!

Jueves - I got to go to the Doctor and get blood work done. Super duper fun. There was this old guy in there that was just blabbing on about a lot of random stuff, and talked to us about these missionaries he knew a long time ago. Interesting chat to say the least, we taught a couple lessons, but also gave a blessing to this woman named Rosalíwho is one of our investigators. We stopped by Alfredo and Gina's at the end of the night, and were there for a long time again. Wow! Gina likes to talk!

Viernes - Okay so Friday, we had a normal day for the most part, we had an apartment check, and because of our P-Day activity this past Monday, we did not have a chance to clean our apartment, so we spent almost an hour and a half deep cleaning our apartment. We passed with flying colors. Mom, thank you so much for teaching me how to clean properly, some people just really do not know how to do it! Thank you!  I am kind of the neat freak/ clean freak here in the mission, everyone knows I like my apartment to be clean all of the time. I am tying hard to keep it that way. We had some weekly planning that we did not even get close to finishing again. Eso es todo.

Sádo - Saturday was pretty fun, I had to fast all morning because I needed to get more blood work done. Super fun, I have decided that fasting on the mission is the hardest thing in the world. Anyways, we didn't teach a ton of people on Saturday, because not very many people were home, but we taught a kid named Luis, our investigator with a baptismal date. He is doing awesome, the only problem is that he lives outside of our area boundaries, he lives in another ward, which is fine if the Bishop and other leaders are fine with it, but we are trying to figure out what we should do with him. Basically that was the day.

Domingo - Sunday was pretty much a normal day, we had some meetings in the morning with the Obispo, and with the ward missionaries. It is unreal how much behind the scenes work the missionaries do for the members and the ward itself. We do so much! Wow! After church we did some studying, in the which I just read in The Book of Mormon it was awesome, I read about Aaron and his brethren, and their experiences with King Limhi. We had dinner with Gina and Alfredo our recent convert, we ate what is called Tinga. It is basically shredded chicken over tostadas, it was good. We spent about 4 hours at their home, answering questions, and talking about everything. Fun stuff, I searched and searched forever in the scriptures to help Gina's brother find a passage about Peter talking about the Restoration, with which I do not think exists, but I tried to help him. No luck. I do not recall reading about it when I read the New Testament. But oh well.

Well thank you for all of your support, I love you all so much! Keep up the good work!

Your favorite missionary in SoCal!

Elder Weston Scott

No comments:

Post a Comment