Monday, June 2, 2014

[Mason] Solo uno mas dia en paradiso



I'm really trying to get this language down....I am sick and tired of speaking English...and its showing because anyone with whom I speak has to ask me what I said because I say it in Spanish first on accident....and then I hear across the room or where ever my companion is..."DO YOU REALIZE THAT I'M THE ONLY ONE WHO UNDERSTANDS YOU?"  

its on accident I promise...

Um lets see.....Theresa Santiago was supposed to be baptized on Sunday at 330....it didn't happen. but boy is there a story to tell...
==> so we have been making daily contact with her because she is so close to the date.so she has been sick for quite some time...and in Tuesday, we had the usual dinner appointment with her and Luis, her husband.  It was a rare occasion, because she was in her room not feeling well. so we made plans to come by the next day and share a message with her and pump her up for her big dippin that was up and coming....Wednesday we get a call from Luis saying she is in the Hospital due to chest pain...ugh. DARN SATAN....she had a goal of stopping smoking on Wednesday morning...12am...one last celebratory cigarette...Well she kind of smoked a few more....and so Heavenly Father basically decided that it was enough...I'm going to hospitalize you so you stop smoking...HAHA. So she had tests Thursday morning to check her blood and see what is going on...and it turns out that she has to have a scope of her arteries,( mainly the RCA), and so there was a few options of what the doctor would find...just a little bit of blockage, so just need some blood thinning medicine and some to clear up the blockage....put a stint in...or a bypass for the RCA...Right Coronary artery, and so she was freaking out and scared....she was a nurse in the OR for 30+ years and she said that 1 in 4 people die...so we gave her a priesthood blessing....and instantly the Lord's Hand was there to hold her tight and comfort her and she was relaxed...so Friday....she has the surgery....its just a check...not enough blockage and so she was good. Saturday...baptismal interview...supposed to be home....still at hospital....Sunday....still in hospital...released at 2:20...and President Lowe(Stake President and BFF) is sick and he is the one to Baptize her...so he called it off...to give them both time to rest and recuperate for This Saturday the 7th and so it will be great.

Let me see....exchanges were great this week..I was with my district leader and we killed it here in Lynn

Also, Maria Martinez cant be dunked now because Sergio (The Member), moved back in... we are focusing on getting them married...

Um let me see...my elbow is fine...just annoying, doesn't impede the work or exercise....it just yells at me when I lean on it occasionally and no I'm not going to the Doctor...no hay razon y no quiero

About the Granola....does 10 pounds of flower make a really big Biscuit, because if so, then elder Scott will be ecstatic

Yes I bought myself a Norelco razor,...it is amazing and worth the price

I am sitting comfortably out here thanks for asking...anything y'all need from me?

I just started an exercise routine that is so hard I'm going to die....today was day one of 60...I'm going to be dead... I cant tell you what it is...until its over.

Tip of the Week-- if you are planning on working out really hard then here is a trick. DO NOT DRINK WATER AND EAT A FEW CRACKERS BEFORE HAND EVEN IF YOU ARE HUNGRY BECAUSE YOU WILL UNDOUBTEDLY PUKE....never in my life have i puked after a workout, but this was awful...and its insane how hard it was...it will be good though.

Um so I was asked to give a training this week in our Lovely District Meeting, and i was given it on Wednesday Night and our DM is on Friday, I usually have been given more time to prepare such things, and so I was in a bit of a frantic rage trying to get something prepared.  I was asked to train the District on TEACHING TOWARDS BAPTISM....and in my district, there is only about have of us that can actually say that they have taught some one from beginning to end and we know this because 2 weeks ago, another elder in my district was asked to give this same training, and he wouldn't do it and asked the Question..."have any of you ever taught anyone who was baptized, because i haven't.?"   and so I decided to present this in a way where it will above anything else, motivate and cheer up each missionary in the District of Zion, while teaching them the tricks in teaching towards Baptism. i started with personal conversion and how we cant expect somebody to move towards baptism and learn more and develop a testimony if we do not know why we were baptized, where we are going, who we are, and if we are not converted with a testimony and a relationship with Christ and our Father in Heaven. i then decided that we are not teaching these people so they can get Baptized...why would we do that, its not what we should be teaching towards....w need to be teaching towards conversion, because only through our one personal conversion can we truly make our lives be in harmony with our Father's Will. and so we must teach these people through Listening....not just with our ears, but with our hearts, and showing them that we care. We must come to understand them and who they are and where they come from and what they struggled with, and what they are struggling with. and then we most go down to there level. We can just make people climb this latter, of which they know nothing about and have no reason to climb. so we must be willing to go to where they are. address their concerns and bring them up, if they need help with something and we just make the Gospel the answer and not show them how it is the answer and how it fits into everything, they will "harden their hearts against us". We must help them. I have developed a testimony on how miracles are brought to pass... and one major factor is trust. In order for us to be able to work Miracles in lives, we have to trust that the Lord will help us, and also make sure the Lord can trust us. but there is one more trust bridge, and that is of the investigator and us and the investigator with the Lord. but more often than not, the first relationship that needs to be built for the investigator, is between us (Missionaries/Members), and we do this my addressing their temporal needs. you cant simply see a baby crying and smile and it will all of a sudden smile right back and act as if nothing happened...well this can happen , but its rare like a nonmember just getting converted on the spot when they see us walking down the street. we have to hear this baby crying to understand it is sad, we then have to understand whats wrong, so he has a really poooopy diaper and he is suuuper hungry....ok and now we go to where the baby is at by cleaning and disposing of the nuclear waste and by feeding it and look, now we have a happier baby. 

Missionaries around the world get this idea nailed in to their minds that a missionary is only successful as  long as he is baptizing the world....but that is not true anywhere...because that is an unfair manner in judging and determining success, because the whole world has their agency, and one person could deny the message today, but accept it tomorrow, or a a missionary could be denied and rejected for almost 730 days while another could have every other person accept them....but its not success when you have baptisms...its success when you change your life and the peoples around you.

One man who walked on the Earth a long time ago taught this perfect gospel, shared the message we are sharing, and was rejected as we are and can be rejected. thee are records of him changing peoples lives and working miracles among them. no where does he define that he was or want successful because that's up to us to choose. this Man has no record of baptizing anyone yet we get discouraged when we don't have any either. we can go maybe a whole mission,with out ever having success because we don't see any convert baptisms or maybe any conversions, but where the success comes isn't in that, but only as we come to the realization that only one convert was needed to make it all worth it, and that is ourselves. this man who appears to not have any success has a name, by which we all hold sacred, the which is Jesus Christ. Why do we pray in his Name, why do we love and adore him and why is it that everything he did on the earth was so important, yet as missionaries of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, we choose success to be called convert baptisms. in the day we figure this out, that our works here in the fields are just as important as others, we then know who Christ was, is and always will be. Let us all be willing to focus on the true success of missionary work and life and follow our savior down these difficult roads, carrying these people and trials and everything else, and then let us ask ourselves....Was I not Successful?

Ok I hope that had some kind of sense...um I love it out here....um ya

Love Elder Mason Scott
always choose to see success in everything you do, even when you think you have failed



No comments:

Post a Comment