Today is 8 Months!!! Boo Yah! Can you believe it! Gonna be a good week this next one!
Lunes - P-day Baby!! It was a good one this time, it has been a while since we have played some real basketball, almost 5 weeks, so not too fun. But the stake center's gym finally finished being refinished, it is so nice now! Boo yah! Anywho, we all decided as a district of nine missionaries to meet together and eat lunch at Denny's, and so we did, and while we were there, there was lady who we talked to on the way out that was a member, and she gave us as a group, a gift card to pay for all of our food. It was so nice of her to do that! It was awesome! I also cut Elder Yazzie, Diaz, and Pace's hair in the morning. It went well, for the most part, Elder Diaz asked me to give him a Mexican haircut which was not easy. But all is good, we taught a less-active named Ismael, and he is doing well not drinking anymore, since I gave him a blessing. Which is awesome.
Martes - So we had a couple lessons lined up, but most of them bailed on us unfortunately. We did teach Denisse and Maria, who have been investigators for so long! Pretty much dry-mormons if you know what I mean. We found out that Denisse is dating one of the previous missionaries that taught her. It is really weird. Anyways, we tried to see a lot of people, but nobody was home.
Miercoles - So we had a fantastic zone meeting about how we can improve our studies, and our overall habits as missionaries. It was a fantastic meeting, especially since I have been feeling a little stressed lately, now I feel a little better, and a little more relieved because I know what I can do better. Starting with my studies. We had some good studies afterwards, and we went knocking for an hour or so, and found a new investigator. Boss status! We were given a pizza for dinner from a member, it was pretty good, pizza two nights in a row, but however for lunch I made some chicken that was pretty darn awesome, I will attach a picture. It was delicious. We also taught a less-active named Luis at the end of the night. Overall a good day.
Jueves - It was an overall okay day. Had some success on facebook, so that was pretty cool, I went ham just trying to get someone to respond to me on Facebook. Boss status, trying super hard with that right now!
Viernes - So national donut day ya'll. Boom, but I had a couple doctor's appointments. Boring day for the most part. Super fun stuff. We tried to do some weekly planning, Super boring day actually.
Sabado - Exchanges, Elder Pace came with me in my area, and we went hard core. We taught eight lessons, and found such a hard core new investigator, she is so ready! Her name is Maria, of course, and she is so perfect! Facebook was pretty awesome, still seeing success!
Domingo - We had church, and Elder Tanner and I taught the Young Women about the duties of the Priesthood, it was fun, kind of. Kind of awkward, but all is good. We went to the Solano's after church, and I got to stand in the circle that ordained their son Tony to the office of an Elder, and give him the Melchizedek Priesthood. That was awesome!
This week was hard, but I learned a lot about my own dedication to this work. The fact of the matter is that I need to do better. I am out here because I love my Heavenly Father, I owe Him so much for everything that I have been given, I know my purpose.
Have a great week everyone!
Your Favorite Missionary in CALI!
Elder Weston Scott
No comments:
Post a Comment