Ok, so this week was pretty fun, especially yesterday.
I was given the opportunity to confirm William a member of the church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, and give him the Holy Ghost and it was awesome. I felt weird the whole day, almost like nervous but like after the blessing, I felt like spiritually exhausted... it was an interesting day.
Um lets see, we had exchanges this week, so I left the area this time, and I went with the zone leaders, to an English area. and boy do I enjoy Spanish, the food is just so much better. I met this family, the mom is a new convert, but they have two twin boys, named Marcus and Gabrielle, and they are the exact image of me and Weston....so cute, and the best ever. I couldn't snag a pic though. I was with Elder Tait again, and he is the best guy ever. Such a hard worker, and an example in the zone and is worthy of the title True disciple of Jesus Christ, I love the guy so much.
Near the end of exchanges, we met up with Pennington and Elder Calvert, my other Zone Leader, and we ended up helping a guy move for 2 hours....2nd/3rd floor move....and we were all sore....it was a nightmare. There was one moment when we had to carry up this book shelf up the back stairwell....picture the movie National treasure...., and only one of us could go up it at a time....so only one could carry it up....nobody else could pick the darn thing up for long enough, except for me....ugh...scariest moment of my life.....and then the door at the top was impossible to get to, and so I'm waiting there for what seemed like an hour, but more like 1 mintue, while elder Calvert sprints up the stairs to unlock and open the door...........ugh.
btw...Elder Calvert is Kalanis Cousin........Related to Bro. Enos,....how chill is that. We know a lot of the same people back home in the big CO.
Thursday, an appointment fell through, so we decided that it was time to get Elder Pennington's brakes fixed, so we head to a members car garage, where he said he could fix it, but in reality all he did was make it tighter,,...so now it drags on his wheel even more...so now he has to pedal while going down hill.............so later that day, we are on our way to Elpidio's house to have a family night with him and his family, and its about 13 minutes from the church by bike.....we get about half way there....and we both hear.....pshhhhhhhh.....and at that time we were riding next to a factory, where we thought the sound was coming from.....turns out it was from my bike.....and about .2 seconds later, I'm sinking to the ground, as my bike tires air depletes 100%........ugh.....and it was the rear tire. so we call Elpidio and tell him we will be a little late....and he tells us he can't meet......really, no way.....well ok, now we can get to the bike shop, it closes at 730, if we walk from here, we should make it.....we pass the chapel....we decide to stop in and check....oh great, it closes at 7....crud...so we called a member...and got the bike in his jeep, and then got there on time....bike gets fixed....new tube...new tire....slight tune up on derailleur.....supposed to cost $100, but the guy said he'd do it for $35...really....thank you so much....btw, my tire had a whole the size of a quarter....it was pinched some how....ugh
So out of all of this we found a massive stain on my short sleeve white shirt....massive grease stain...and bleach didn't take it out.... I soaked it in bleach, ....alot of bleach...and scrubbed....ruined shirt. Also previously in the week, the same member helped us and we were in his car...and there is the same stain on the other shoulder that didn't come out. now....I conclude that their car ruined two of my nice white short sleeve summer shirts, of which I only have three left....and there is nothing but rain or heat here...or both.
So what else happened this week....um cant think of anything else....but lots of laughter and it was just overall good fun. We cleaned out an apartment, the one where I stayed for exchanges,....ugh gross....so gross and words of wisdom....don't forget to cap the milk jugs when they are empty, because when the heat and humidity get to it, it smells like a dead animal...and you can't breath.
This week, I learned about how to adapt my teaching skills, and so I studied Ammon and Aaron, and how they adapted in there teaching. They both started out teaching about God as we do in the restoration, but then they go to the plan of salvation and it converts them on the spot. To me, thinking about the messages we share as missionaries, each one is so important, and although the Restoration is the unique message we share and it is by far super important, the plan of salvation is a message that all families, and all humans need to hear as well, sometimes first, because it is so important. I have a testimony of the plan of salvation changing peoples lives. the restoration is so important, because it lays the foundation for the rest of the messages we teach. I love teaching the Gospel. It is by far, my most favorite thing to do on the mission. Teach. My challenge to you is to figure out how you can adapt the ways you share the gospel, so that no matter what, the spirit is there and there is a truth taught.
On my exchange with Elder Tait, we talked with a guy who was trying to deny Christ, and deny the church and negate everything that we believed, and we had only said hello how are you. He then asked a question after all he said, that if we could still believe that Joseph Smith is a Prophet, and how we could possibly follow him (he bashed Joseph Smith in his opening argument) and as I was opening my mouth, I felt like I should not say a word, but let elder Tait speak. Elder Tait, calmly, opens his mouth, and says, "sir, nothing on this world, could make me deny what I know is true. I know that Joseph smith was a Prophet, and that through him the Church of My Savior, Jesus Christ, was restored, and I know that the Book of Mormon is truly the word of God. Sir, I'm sorry, you feel this way, but I will not change my opinion."
We talked for a little longer after, but this man, couldn't say anything back....he couldn't bash anymore, it was as if the spirit was just making this man unable to say anything logical back to us. We didn't want to fight, of argue, or anything. but we simply want to invite. Through our testimonies, we can invite, because people will feel the spirit tell them something. For this man, it was, maybe, to not deny what we know is truth, and so I testify, that by inviting others to come unto Christ, we defend our faith and our testimonies will ever more strengthen and I hope that all of us can be brave enough to be a true disciple of Christ. If you don't know how, I challenge you to do so.
I love the work out here.
Elder Mason R Scott
Near the end of exchanges, we met up with Pennington and Elder Calvert, my other Zone Leader, and we ended up helping a guy move for 2 hours....2nd/3rd floor move....and we were all sore....it was a nightmare. There was one moment when we had to carry up this book shelf up the back stairwell....picture the movie National treasure...., and only one of us could go up it at a time....so only one could carry it up....nobody else could pick the darn thing up for long enough, except for me....ugh...scariest moment of my life.....and then the door at the top was impossible to get to, and so I'm waiting there for what seemed like an hour, but more like 1 mintue, while elder Calvert sprints up the stairs to unlock and open the door...........ugh.
This morning in the Apartment....relaxing......ahhhh.....no more pics sorry.

No comments:
Post a Comment