Hey Everyone!
It has only been a few days since I last emailed due to the fact that I went to the Newport Temple last Wednesday, but all is well. These past few day have been fairly normal. This past Thursday we had a very powerful District Meeting. My District Leader named Elder Etchart, who is a former companion, taught about the Plan of Salvation, which was fantastic! We talked about the importance of the Plan of Salvation for quite some while, working through and sharing our different thoughts about the Plan of Salvation. One thing that I have never realized or ever thought too much about is about how great this message is. Where we came from, why are we here, and where we are going. Three questions. Three simple truths. Three pieces of knowledge that help us all find out true identity in this life. Our Heavenly Father is so incredible, for giving us the chance to come here to the Earth and learn the truth about all these things. As a missionary, I have the privilege of studying the Missionary Manual known as Preach My Gospel. Through studying this manual, I have come to the know the truth about my purpose here.
"And this is the manner after which they were ordained--being called and prepared from the foundation of the world according to the foreknowledge of God, on account of their exceeding faith and good works; in the first place being left to choose good or evil; therefore they having chosen good, and exercising exceedingly great faith, are called with a holy calling, yea, with that holy calling which was prepared with, and according to, a preparatory redemption for such." This is Alma 13:3. We conversed about this scripture in our District Meeting for a while. We all chose good in the beginning. Being here on the Earth is evidence of that. We all had exceeding Faith before this life, that is why we are here. A humbling experience I had last week was teaching this doctrine, The Plan of Salvation, to our investigator named Axel. Elder Silvester and I explained to him all about this road map that our Heavenly Father created for us. It was a great feeling as we walked away, knowing and realizing that we told that young man who he really is, and who he will become.
Realizing more about the Plan of Salvation, it helps me think more about the choices we make in our lives. If we truly understand and know the doctrine and principles found within the Plan of Salvation, we would be able to see more what really is important in our lives. During one of our Companionship Studies this week, Elder Silvester brought up the simple point, that the Mission, is the closest thing to real life that I will ever get. I realized at that moment, that the things we do in this life that are not related to the Gospel will have literally no importance after we die. The only thing that will last and that is of Eternal Importance is the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Incredible thoughts for me this week.
Anyways, being a Facebook Proselyting missionary this week really was quite exciting! Elder Silvester and I received training (basic training redone) last Monday, and so we have been putting into practice everything little tip and principle that they taught. We taught 6 lessons on Facebook this week. Three new people to teach as well! It was awesome! I finally feel like the efforts that I have put into Facebook in the past are finally beginning to pay off. I think I finally know and understand what I am to do as an online proselyting missionary. Exciting!
I started over my reading in the Book of Mormon again, and I am reading it all my focus in Spanish. My reading and writing comprehension skills have really come along, and it is so incredible! I am literally understanding everything that I read! (Okay, minus the Isaiah chapters ..) But literally I have been reading so much! It is so cool, I have totally seen my Spanish increase over the past week just from focusing and reading. I do my studies for the most part in Spanish, I am working hard to speak more Spanish each day. It seems to be going very well!
My brother talked about the connection of endurance and patience last week, and I thought I might add my own thoughts. I was listening to a talk by Dieter F. Uchtdorf the other day, and he talk all about patience. "Patience" he said "is not only the ability to endure, but the attribute of enduring well." I thought I developed more patience our here on my mission, but looking to the advice that President Ucthdorf gives, I am not patient at all. It has to do with our attitudes! Happily enduring is patience. Just something cool that I liked.
There is a little bit of news I have for you all.... I found out last week, that this upcoming transfer that my mission is having is going to be two weeks longer than the norm. We are having an eight week transfer so that our missionary time periods mission wide can become more standardized. What does this mean? Well my mission is the only one doing this. Meaning that I will return home two weeks after my brother. Not too fun. But hey, maybe I can hold serving a longer mission over him for a while! Thanks for all the support! Have a fantastic week!
Your Favorite Missionary in So. Cal!
Elder Weston Scott This is a picture from a few p-days ago.
No comments:
Post a Comment