Hello!
Well, I am still alive to those that were wondering. No se preocupen! Our P-Day was changed to today, Wednesday, because we attended the Newport Temple this morning, for the 7am session. It was fantastic, especially because I have all of my own stuff for the Temple now! Boo yah! It was awesome! I truly "Love to see the temple" I love it!!!!!
However this week was pretty awesome! We had a couple awesome lessons with our investigator named Axel, who is about 17. He has a baptismal date for the 10 of August, and we are pretty sure that he will make it! He has read 14 chapters of 1 Nephi in about a week, so I would say we got him! He really just wants to learn the truth of everything, and we had the Bishop's son Moises with us yesterday when we visited him. We taught the Plan of Salvation, it was fantastic! Axel asked an incredible question about why we cannot remember our life before this life, and Moises answered perfectly. The veil. If we knew where we came from and who we truly are right at the start, what would be the point of this life? There would not be a point, and we would not have a need of a savior or anything. It was a very cool experience.
We also got to teach and work with Gina and Alfredo this week, which was interesting. They asked us to bless their home because they had been having some very strange experiences lately. The cool thing about all that happened, sorry not going to go into all of it, is that I understood 100% every word and followed the exact story they were telling. I was reflecting the other day about the fact that I speak Spanish now, and a year ago I did not. Pretty cool idea! It is such a huge blessing to be here on my mission and have this assignment to learn and speak Spanish. The Gospel literally makes more sense to me a lot of the times in Spanish. Especially the scriptures. My reading comprehension and writing skills are a lot more advanced then my speaking and hearing. It is cool to read something in English, and be like, "wait what?" then go to spanish and be like; "Oh now I see." I love it!
We had quite a few doctor's appointments this past week as well, for both me and Elder Silvester. That was fun! Not. It took a huge chunk out of our week to work.
Facebook is going so well now though! We had a basic training meeting again, that helped our zone get back into the basics of everything, and yesterday we had three lessons on Facebook, and got two new three new investigators out of it! It was so fun! Share your testimony on Facebook this week! All of you! It is amazing how the work of The Lord is hastening right now!
I apologize about this letter this week, there really is just not that much to share! I will send some pictures!
Your Favorite Missionary in So. Cal,
Elder Weston Scott
No comments:
Post a Comment