Monday, July 7, 2014

[Weston] Anaheim Weekly July 7, 2014

Hello everyone!

This week was pretty good, my area got transferred back into a car, which is pretty cool I guess, I will miss bike, because I have found to really enjoy being on bike. It is actually a lot of fun. I have lost a few more pounds this week, so that is nice!

This week, there were a couple of things that were really awesome! On Monday night, we went to a member's home and had a noche de hogar. Or family night for white people. It was super fun, Elder Silvester and I were asked to teach the lesson, and because we had invited Gina and Alfredo, one of the families that we are working with a lot in our area, we decided to teach a single principle, and specifically about Prayer. We made an activity out of it, and did what we call prayer burgers. Basically, the buns of the burger are how we begin and end our prayers, and the toppings are things we are grateful for, with the meat or main part of the burger being our questions or blessings we ask for in our prayers. It was super fun, we got every one to draw and participate. It was good! One thing that we had not planned on sharing was the fact that we have to be nourished physically with food. We have the same need to nourish ourselves spiritually, and through prayer we can do just that. Prayer is a powerful tool we have in our lives. I have seen it sustain me out here in my mission, as well as truly help those I am around. Without prayer I would be lost, and I am so grateful for the ability and blessing we have to communicate with our Heavenly Father.

I also had the wonderful opportunity to have my district leader and old companion Elder Etchart come with me in my area, and we had a great time. I made an awkward spanish mistake at dinner, and called myself a mentally handicapped being, and so that was awkward because the hermana that we ate with ripped me a new one, and sort of lectured us all about making sure that we never think bad about ourselves. However, thinking about that point, it is so true. We must remain positive and never talk bad about ourselves, because at that point we will lose the power and presence of the Spirit in our lives. I am guilty of that big time, because I do feel like it is my fault a lot of times when lessons go bad, or something happens, and so I start to doubt myself. But hey, I am doing my best, so what if nothing goes right! Anyways, it was a very good exchange, we taught a lot of lessons, pretty successful day.

Actually the success story of the day is from Wednesday, when we went and saw Denisse and Maria our investigators. We taught simply and clearly, and we had been praying, me especially, for the knowledge of what we could say to help them. I have been praying hard for the PSirit to bear witness to Denisse of the truthfulness of the Book of Mormon and of Joseph Smith, and that night as we talked, she basically told us that she believes that Joseph Smith did translate the Book of Mormon, and that he was a prophet. It was so exciting for me!

We have three baptismal dates right now, and they all are pretty solid. The Fourth of July was super fun. We spent the evening with the Bishop and his extended family, and we ate and had a ton of fun. The street we were on usually does their own fireworks show, because the neighbors across the street from the house we were out buys about $2000-$3000 of fireworks each year. It was so fun! President Taggart even came to the barbecue and met out bishop. It was super fun. Sorry I did not get any pictures, but Shout out to Tyler my brother because he sent me this awesome American Tie, and I wore it. It was cool. I got a firecracker thrown under my chair during the night, it was funny, and then we had one of the members put one under one of my Zone leader's chair. Funny! Picture will be attached.

This week was great. Simple as that. My Spanish is truly coming along, and it was really fun to see this week how far it has come. I love you all, thank you for the support in everything. Have a good week. If you need anything, I am just over here! Let me know haha!

Your favorite missionary in So. Cal!

Elder Weston Scott


No comments:

Post a Comment