Monday, August 4, 2014

[Mason] I really hate slow computers....this email will be shorter than the norm

Dear Everyone,

This week has been a real Hoot. Seriously a real HOOT. I enjoyed everything this last week. We got a Car, on Thursday, and it has been a delightful Experience, because we have literally had to use it a bunch. but the sad thing is that we don't get to use the bikes much anymore. But its all good.

So With the Tornado Clean-Up, we only helped on Monday, the Day of the Tornado, because the City just knows what they are doing. (I will send some pictures)


 I feel like everyone in the Branch Loves me enough to where they think they can Call me GRINGO and I will be ok with it....my accent is getting worse somehow...I really work on it a lot. Mira, cuando yo estaba en springfield, la gente me dijo que yo tengo uin accento de los mexicanos....pero ahora es gringo. [ Look, when I was in Springfield, the people told me I  had a mexican accent... but now its gringo!? ] What the Freak Happened.  But I realize now that it will most likely stay gringo, because I am gringo...

Pero esta bien conmigo [ But it's all well with me ]

Um this week I gave my training on Our Missions 5 priorities
1 Progressing investigators
2 Ward Leaders
3 Members
4 Service
5 Personal contacting.

I ran out of time in it, because we had to end early, but it was so fantastic. I absolutely know that God helped me to give this Training, because I felt So good during and after and I felt like I learned something as well.  One thing that I didn't get to share, was a scripture, one that I found that hits me hard in terms of my own personal conversion.

Alma 5:14-17
 14 And now behold, I ask of you, my brethren of the church, have ye spiritually been born of God? Have ye received his image in your countenances? Have ye experienced this mighty change in your hearts?
 15 Do ye exercise faith in the redemption of him who created you? Do you look forward with an eye of faith, and view this mortal body raised in immortality, and this corruption raised in incorruption, to stand before God to be judged according to the deeds which have been done in the mortal body?
 16 I say unto you, can you imagine to yourselves that ye hear the voice of the Lord, saying unto you, in that day: Come unto me ye blessed, for behold, your works have been the works of righteousness upon the face of the earth?
 17 Or do ye imagine to yourselves that ye can lie unto the Lord in that day, and say—Lord, our works have been righteous works upon the face of the earth—and that he will save you?
Now I hope all of us can truly think about where we are, and that we can answer these questions with a Yes. Its hard to say yes because every day tests us, and we have to seek and strive for the answers of yes. All of these questions, in my opinion, cant be answered now. these are eternal questions, that, over time, as we strive to answer yes to, we will eventually say yes. Every day, we must seek to find the answer to these questions, and always strive to have a better answer.
Love you guys, hope all is well,
Elder  Scott


No comments:

Post a Comment