If there is anyone in this world who needs more time in the day, it is the missionaries in the Lynn Spanish Branch. Now the reason behind that, is because we found 7 investigators over the course of the last week and a half, and with them all, we make a total of 15 investigators, whom all are in need of being taught each week....how do we do it. It is so hard to teach them all...I will be honest.
The coolest part though is that we had 6 at church, and we weren't expecting any to come.......because we have some that are to shy to come right now, until they learn more. but it made our day so good.
We had two dinners last night, and boy, did I want to punch a wall......my stomach hurt so bad. I have been trying to get out of eating so much, and so I say I'm on a diet, and I need their help to keep it, and so they let me take it home, or they give me less. Part of the reason why I can do this, is because I have one of the best and most open relationships with the members here. They all love me, and I love them all. They are the best. But we had a lesson at 4, and we were told that we would not be eating, just having like a small snack, and I figured, that it would be fine. We also had an appt at 5, where we were supposed to be eating dinner, and now, I wasn't too afraid of having, snack before....but I forgot that this family, the Velasquez family, knows that I can put down food, due to a recent party at the church, where I pounded down a bunch of food......and so we show up, and we are supposed to teach the grand-daughter the gospel of Jesus Christ, they weren't there, and there was this massive dinner prepared.....excuse me not dinner, a "snack".....I though it was supposed to be a snack.....and I didn't translate anything wrong...she said snack. We then are invited to sit down....so I do.....and then she, Sister Velasquez, grabs our plates and scoops up rice onto Pennington's plate, and then on to mine, and then onto mine again....2 freakin scoops.....OK and then the chicken...1 piece for Penn, and 2 for me...what the heck!.......sald...Penn doesn't want any,....oh look a scoop onto my plate....wooo hoo. I ate for 4 people at once...I swear....but I finished it.....just so we are clear.
Now we have to jet and get to our next appt at 5, so we leave.....waddling out the door....and then we show up, and Sister Melo....my Spanish Mother....seriously just like you mom, but not quite as awesome....anyways, we show up and the plates are sitting out with the food. She served them up already and guess what it was....Rice....Chicken.....Salad.....and Meatloaf......we ate pretty much the same thing.....and close to the same amount....i could not finish the plate....and the thing is that we were coming to her house because we don't have a dinner.....it was a nightmare.....my stomach still hurts right now....
No comments:
Post a Comment