Monday, August 11, 2014

[Weston] Anaheim Weekly August 11, 2014

To whom it may concern,

This past week was pretty great! We got to get out and teach and find a lot more people! It was great! We also got to do some great service on Saturday for a young newly married couple in our ward. We were there for 4 hours moving things around and building things and overall cleaning up his backyard. It was a lot of fun.

We had this pretty cool activity this past Monday that we are going to have again tonight!  Basically it is family night, but as missionaries we are inviting as many people as we can (investigators, recent converts, less-actives, etc.) because we discuss different principles from PMG and make it into am activity. This week we are going to play charades! Boom!

We had an awesome zone meeting this week as well! We learned about and practiced using The Bible and The Book of Mormon in every teaching situation. We learned about how we need to use scriptures in every teaching and finding situation. It was pretty exciting! Elder Orozco has had a lot of success using the Bible and The Book of Mormon approach in every situation, so we are working in making our teaching better!

Something that I have found is that having a native speaker as your companion gets difficult sometimes because often they just do not want to speak to their companions in Spanish. This week week we broke that barrier, and my companion is willing to speak to me more in Spanish. I spoke more Spanish this week than any other week I have had so far on my mission!  It was so awesome!   I am trying hard to get used to just responding and speaking in Spanish, and I believe it is paying off!

We had exchanges this past Thursday which was pretty good. Elder Gardner, my District Leader's brand new greenie came with me for the day in my area. Very interesting kid. He just graduated, which was so weird! They are all so young! Haha. It was a good exchange for the most part. We taught Gina and Alfredo our less actives, and they are doing well enough, but just do not want to come to church very much. Frustrating right? Why!!!! We tell them and tell them and tell them the things that they can do to have more happiness at home and just be better off, but they just do not do them! They wonder why things are harder than what they think they should be. If they would just read in the scriptures and pray and go to church! If only they truly could understand!

This past week we got to teach Axel our most progressing investigator! He is so incredible! He only has 17 years but is so mature! We taught him about the Gospel of Jesus Christ this past visit. He enjoyed it a lot! We needed to reschedule his baptismal date because it was supposed to be yesterday, and so after we finished the lesson, we straight up asked him if he would prepare to be baptized for the end of this month, and he said yes without even a pause! The first time he was so unsure about it, now he said yes without doubts! It was awesome! He came to church yesterday as well, that makes two Sundays in a row! And he is understanding so much in the Book of Mormon right now! He has already read to 2 Nephi 8! He said he has a goal to finish it before school starts again, he has about a week and a half. He is so great! There are not words to describe or explain what I am thinking! Pray for him!

I am now in Mosiah in The Book of Mormon in Spanish! I love the scriptures! I wish we had more time to study each day haha! It would be so nice! Three hours is not enough. I know it seems like it could be, but it isn't. Anyway, this week was another good one, I cannot believe I have been out here so long now. Crazy! Time is flying by and I really do not like it! Slow it down please!

Your favorite missionary in So. Cal!

Elder Weston Scott

No comments:

Post a Comment