This week was so awesome! Several exciting things happened, as well as we got to do so much service! It was great! I guess I will start off with the service? Suena bien? Okay! Muchas gracias! So, on Tuesday and Thursday la Hermana Silbas asked us to come over for breakfast and help out with painting and such for her house. So all of the Elders that serve n our ward (6 of us) headed over and we scraped paint off the house for hours and hours, and we sanded, and we painted as well. Both days we worked for about 5.5 hours, totaling our service for 11 hours this weeks it was fun, because the whole time we were dodging these giant wasps. They had about 6 different large wasp nests in their backyard. Super fun! We got a little sun burned, and now we look more acceptable to the people we teach here. Basically we are not white skinned anymore. La Hermana Silbas cooked breakfast and lunch for us both days, it was pretty awesome, from tortas to enchiladas, to guaraches, to some other good stuff. Well worth it!
This week was fantastic in the work of salvation as well. We had a very spiritual lesson with Axel this past Wednesday, where we talked a lot about personal/conversion, and the importance of praying and having a desire to change. We read in Mosiah 2 and discussed it for a while. It reads, "And they all cried with one voice, saying: Yea, we believe all the words which thou hast spoken unto us; and also, we know of their surety and truth, because of the Spirit of the Lord Omnipotent, which has wrought a mighty change in us, or in our hearts, that we have no more disposition to do evil, but to do good continually."
I have not words to describe how strong the spirit was in the room. El Hermano Solano accompanied us for the lesson, and it was just so humbling to see this 17 year old kid feel the spirit. Axel said that he knows the Book of Mormon is true. He is going to be getting baptized this upcoming Sunday the 31st of August.
GIna another member that we have been working with has change a lot this week as well. Her depression has started to become easier for her to deal with, and it is such a blessing to see her be able to open more up and trust in our Heavenly Father. I love the area that I am in, and I love the people here.
I thought a little bit this week about a saying that one of my Zone Leaders use to say quite often. "So goes the mission, so goes life." I strive for success in the mission through obedience and faith, and the principles that I learn and ultimately the conversion that I am growing in is what will sustain me through out the rest of this life and into the eternities. I know who I am, and I know what I want. The Gospel is the most real thing about our lives. It is truly the only thing that matters, and will ever matter.
I found a scripture this morning during my personal study in Alma 26:22. It reads, "Yea, he that repenteth and exerciseth faith, and bringeth forth good works, and prayeth continually without ceasing--unto such it is given to know the mysteries of God; yea, unto such it shall be given to reveal things which never have been revealed; yea, and it shall be given unto such to bring thousands of souls to repentance, even as it has been given unto us to bring these our brethren to repentance." I love being a missionary, and I know who I am. Have a fabulous week.
Your Favorite Missionary in So. Cal.,
Elder Weston Scott
No comments:
Post a Comment