Monday, August 4, 2014

[Weston] Anaheim Weekly August 4, 2014

Hello!

This week was very interesting! It was packed full of all of these random things we had to do, and so literally we had not time to work this week. We taught a record low number of lessons this week for me personally, I bet it could be in the run for a mission record. It was a great week nonetheless. We had several opportunities to do service this week, which was fantastic! I love service! Elder Orozco and I on Wednesday got to help out a young member clean up a new home he had bought to move into. Can I just say gross. The sisters in our ward, our zone leaders, and us were all there, we were painting, cleaning windows, scraping floors, cleaning kitchen cupboards and so on and so forth. We went out the the garage to clean out the garage, and when he opened up the garage door, I about freaked out. So incredibly nasty. Rat droppings everywhere. There was a hole in the side of the house that let rats inside, and the previous homeowners did. It even care. I felt so bad for this Hermano. But we got pizza afterwards! Sweet!

Saturday morning during our companionship study, we got an urgent text from the Bishop, basically named project clean.  An Hermana in our ward had to evacuate her home within 24 hours. And so we left our apartment and went over there to get to work. Wow. That was a project. She makes homemade signs and billboards that go on freeways and streets and things, and she liked to keep everything. Wow. Anyways, the Bishop and I were going to town crushing these billboards because they had to be less the 5 feet in length. It was fun, basically we folded the giant plastic whatever material signs, and then with our feet slammed them to the ground, causing the sign to break in half, with an explosion of sign materials going everywhere. It was fun. There was a lot of trash she had, and so we separated the metal out, and went and recycled it and got some extra money for her, it was very sad, because she is a single mother with five kids. She has two sons that are fifteen and sixteen, Julio and Arturo, both of which are fantastic young men. They are incredible, but it was hard for them to pack up everything and leave. So we did this Saturday, and on Sunday after church they needed a lot more help, and so we headed on over there and started working again on all of her things. It was some good exercise, I used a hand saw to cut up some things, then the Hermano Solano told me that there was a couple power tools I could use instead. We got a lot done for her, all of us missionaries in the ward were there Saturday, and Sunday it was just my district leader and his greenie, and my companionship.

Saturday night, we were asked to bring some missionary supplies to decorate a table for the Solano's son who is leaving on his mission. He had his Eagle Scout Court of Honor combined with his Missionary Farewell, and so his parents asked us to bring supplies, and be there. Little did we know that when we arrived he was going to have us help set up everything. We had no problem doing so, until we had to bring the piano in to the gym. We found one in the church building with wheels, and rolled it to the gym, then shortly found out that no one that could play the piano that had showed up, so we took it back to the primary room. However in that same room there is a self playing or automatic piano. Very nice, the only was that it was so heavy! And it had no wheels. So we grabbed the Bishop and Hermano Solano, and we start moving it, then we get to the door, I am walking backwards, leading, and Hermano Solano got stuck at the door and had to bail out on my side. Wow. Heavy Heavy Heavy Piano! It was fun though.

Service was awesome! I have not had too may opportunities to do service on my mission so far so this was fantastic.  I had a follow-up appointment this past Wednesday for my foot surgery, I finally got my foot to fit in a normal shoe again. I am not a fan of feet anymore. Ugh. But all is well!  Our most progressing investigator Axel finally came to church! It was awesome! I cannot believe it! He said he enjoyed it for the most part! He is planning on coming next week.

So my new companion and I are getting along very well! He is super great, he graduated in 2013 as well, and we literally have the same ideas. It is pretty cool. He is helping me out a lot with Spanish. It is funny, I have to say things twice a lot of the time, and so if he doesn't get in when I say it in English, I say it in Spanish. It is fun. Sorry in pictures this week!

Your favorite Missionary in So. Cal!

Elder Weston Scott

No comments:

Post a Comment