Monday, February 23, 2015

[Mason] Wow...Transfers are always a Curve ball that nobody expects

So here in the Massachusetts Boston Mission, we have received a bunch of snow that has caused church to cancel 2 weeks in a row for our branch at least, it has caused many Baptismal dates to get pushed back, it has cancelled so many more meetings, and to some it has brought a harsh case of Seasonal Depression,  but as Missionaries here in this Zionistic Mission we don't believe that anything can prevent us from reaching our Goals,especially our Goal of baptizing 420 people before July 1, 2015.

That being said, we had a curve ball thrown at us that nobody knew how to hit and they were called T-Texts, or Transfer Texts. 

Here is the Situation set up so we all understand....Friday morning....alarm clock sounds......" Guys T-minus 5 hours till T-Texts!!!"....ME

 ...fast-forward a few hours...

"Guys we should go to olive garden for lunch with a recent convert"---English elders

"oh Bro sick idea".....Elder Anderson

"guys, President is making phone calls for callings right now....."...all of us

...fast forward 1.5 hours....

"Guys the phone is ringing,  guys its President Packard...." me

" HI, this is Elder Scott and Elder Anderson,"
"Hi Elder Scott, President Packard here, I have a new assignment for ya"
"Ok, sure President, what can I do for you?"
"Well Elder Scott, the Lord wants you to be a zone leader...can you handle that?
"um sure, I will do my best"
"ok well we will see you Wednesday then"

"guys....I'm a zone leader now.....crap..."

...fast forward 30 min...

T-Texts are sent and examined by the four of us.

Guys, my name wasn't on there, but Anderson is Leaving. We read that Elder Silva is entering Hartford Spanish...

Phone rings...unknown number

"Hey this is Elder Silva..."
"Hey its Elder Scott"

"dude have you been a Zone leader before?"
"no, have you?"
"no man......president Called you as well right............?"
"ya man....dude what do we do...?"


so Elder Silva and I are now the new Zone Leaders here in the Hartford Zone and our Area is now the "Model Area" and its so insane.....I'm not training anymore......

so some exciting yet scary news.

Anyway this week was interesting, we have been trying to find some new investigators still we have a goal of 100 in the month of February for the Zone and we are almost to 80.....so we have like 5 days left....we can do this.

Nothing else has happened this week. I Had an procedure at the Doc's office and anesthesia was included...so the rest of the day was a nightmare.....


Elder Scott

No comments:

Post a Comment