Hey!
This week was packed with so many different things! I hope you can hold on because I have a lot to throw at you! To start off, I finally received my Christmas present from the other Elder Scott, there will be a picture attached at the end, nice job Elder Scott. You win for sure. Not sure how I will be able to use the VHS though? Dang. It was hilarious when I opened it though, my whole zone was laughing. I guess I better get to working out again.
As a district, we signed up and received training as Red Cross volunteers this week. So now we have more opportunities to be able to provide needed service.
| White Elephant Gifts from his brother Elder Mason Scott |
Just a side note, we have had "la Gripa" this whole week. Or in other words "a cold". I came down with it at the beginning of the week and I am fine now, but my companion has had it since Wednesday. It has progressively gotten worse. Super duper fun!
I had the opportunity to go on exchanges with Elder Etchart my old companion this week. He is one of my Zone leaders. It was a great, fun, relaxing day. There was not too much that happened that day, other than I am starting to get a lot of questions about what I do at Physical Therapy. I am excited about it! At the end of our exchange, Elder Etchart and I had a moment to talk about everything and have what is called a companionship inventory. It was an uplifting time for me. Elder Etchart is an amazing friend and brother to me. He taught me a principle this week during this chat we had. "One by one" is the principle. In the Book of Mormon this exact phrase is used only 6 times. It is difficult to explain what I learned, but think about it for yourselves. Everything is done one by one. Christ was the example of living one by one. See 3 Nephi 11:15 for the first reference of it.
We are teaching this man named Albar and his family. He is a very devout Catholic. But he never shuts the door on any religion because he would be shutting the door on Christ. He is an incredible guy. This week we taught him more about the Book of Mormon and about why it is the keystone of our religion. He listened, and he talked a lot about how he is trying to come closer to Christ. He bore his own testimony to us about how he has turned his life around with religion, but then he began telling us that he strongly felt that we had a message that he needed to hear, and have in his life. He said he feels something different with us. I am excited to continue to work with him!
We went to visit a less active part member family this week known as the Morales family. They are awesome! The mom and the older daughter are the only members. We have been working with them to get them back to church of course, and this week we stopped by to simply teach the restoration to them because we have been teaching about the Book of Mormon so much. We get there on Friday night for our appointment, and Zeltzin (the older daughter) said, "you are going to teach my friends today, and they are going to listen." She invited her two best friends over. So we waited a few minutes until her parents came home, then we went inside and taught the restoration to three high school seniors. It was a great lesson, we kept it super simple, and answered a ton of questions they had, it seemed that only one of the friends seemed to be interested. I think we are starting to earn more trust with the Morales family!
We had a Zone Conference this week as well. If you can recall, I was invited to a meeting about 4-5 weeks ago where we had two brethren from Salt Lake come and teach us about how to improve our Missionary Work. For the past four weeks or so the mission has been implementing the ideas and new techniques. The Conference touched on everything I had already learned previously at that meeting again. Basically the third time hearing all of this stuff. But it was awesome! Because the new techniques are so incredible. Something that has stood out to me is that the first three lessons we teach as missionaries; The Restoration, The Plan of Salvation, and the Gospel of Jesus Christ, teach three simple messages. Revelation, the Atonement, and How to access the Atonement. These are the underlying messages of these three lessons.
| Erwin's wedding |
Pretty eventful week Huh? I agree. But wait, there is more, and we haven't even hit the best part. We had Stake Conference this past Weekend as well. We the missionaries were invited to the Saturday Session. We arrived just when they started singing the fist hymn. You would never be able to guess who gave the opening prayer. Do you remember my convert Axel? From Santa Ana 10? He is super solid in the church now, and he is planning to go on his mission. His Dad has returned to full activity on the church, and even Axel's brother has been baptized. Axel's father opened that meeting up for us with a wonderful prayer. During this session, Axel's father, Hermano Castro was asked to tell a story about his return to activity in the church. It was amazing. I hadn't seen this family in five months, and after the session I went up and hugged Axel, his father, and his brother. His Father thanked me for all I had done for his family and Himself.
At conference on Sunday, a Elder Packer of the Seventy presided. He was at Stake conference all weekend, but is this session, he ran it the way he wanted to. During his time to speak he called up a few speakers instead. He had a chance to meet Axel the day before, and he called him up to the stand to bear his testimony. Axel stood up there and bore one of the strongest testimonies I have ever heard or felt. I love that kid and his family. He is on his way. I am so blessed to have been able to take part in his journey. This past weekend reaffirmed my testimony, and testified to me that I am doing alright in the mission. D&C 18: 15-16. I know that the church is true. I know that Jesus is the Christ. I know my Heavenly Father loves me.
Axel's brother and Father after Stake Conference also received the Melchizedek Priesthood. As I mentioned earlier, we accomplish the Lord's work "one by one." I love my Savior and my Heavenly Father.
Your Favorite Missionary in So. Cal.!
No comments:
Post a Comment