This week huh?
Saturday was full of food, food, food, and more food. Wow! We started out with a less-active family who invited us for breakfast. It was so good! Weird pancake crepe things. Super delicious, but it filled me up to the brim. We then went to Ward Coordination where we normally eat lunch, but we talked to the Ward Mission Leader the night before and he said they weren't going to make anything. False. They made some tortas for us. Now we were even more stuffed, and for dinner, just about three hours later, we ate a giant plate of Enchiladas. Super delicious! So full......
. But we conquered. And won. Now we are all good.
Elder Weston Scott
It was another packed week. IT was difficult being a District Leader this week by the end. However, we all got through it! How about the rundown of some key things that happened?
To start off, we had exchanges this week, I brought Elder Quito with me, and sent my companion off to work with Elder Encinas. It was a good day, we taught quite a few lessons which provided the exact environment I wanted for Elder Quito. It was a very busy but relaxing day where we felt the spirit. He has been struggling with stress lately, and needed to take a load off. The reason it was hard to be a DL this week was when we had an emergency exchange on Saturday as well for about 4 hours. I cant go into details as you know, but I definitely felt the Spirit work through me to counsel the Elders in my District.
This week was District Meeting! It was super Boss! I love teaching District Meetings so much, especially when it impacts every member of the meeting. I have never received so much positive feedback from the district about it before. We talked a lot about Companionship Unity and what it truly means to be unified. My own brother even helped out on this one, in a journal entry he taught us more about the importance of it. Thanks Elder Scott for being present in the meeting!
One of our investigators named Daisy is doing well. She seems to really enjoy what we are teaching, and is trying to apply it all. She has not been able to read in the Book of Mormon yet, but has prayed a few times, and even taught her sister how to pray as well. It was fantastic! We are working hard to get them to come to church, it is so hard with them! Our last lesson with her was last night, we taught about Prayer and the Spirit, it lead to the receiving the Gift of the Spirit.
We didn't do much service this week, but we did have a chance to help an older couple in our ward, the Cachos. We were playing with vines that were choking out a bunch of trees around their home. Vines are so thorny. The gloves he gave us to use, literally did nothing because they were knitted gardening gloves, o sea useless. We found these small creatures while we were there, in Spanish they are called "Niños de la Tierra." They have these giant fangs, and are super poisonous. I killed two of them! Woot Woot!
I interviewed a baptismal candidate this week, it was actually my first one, and unfortunately she didn't pass. Now for some background information. I speak Spanish right? So I interviewed her in Spanish. Guess who she was taught by? English teaching Elders. She does not speak hardly any English, but the Elders would not pass her to Spanish, and now is trying to get her baptized into the ward, but she does not comprehend hardly anything. They requested special permission from the Mission President to have the interview in Spanish. I know a lot more about the situation to add, but it is ridiculous. There is a Spanish stake for a reason.
| Dinner from Saturday |
. But we conquered. And won. Now we are all good.
Another Fun-Fact for Saturday: We lost our phone all day! Okay, to be honest we knew exactly where it was, we left it at Ward Coordination. So that it made it an interesting day. So flipping hilarious. I will admit, it was my fault. I have never truly lost the phone where we had to get another, but I have definitely left it somewhere about a dozen times.
Sunday was amusing as well. We had success with church attendance, finally! But after church is where everything turns upside down. We were leaving the church, and what we have concluded after retracing our steps completely, is that Elder Bickmore left his iPad on top of the car when we drove off. Terrible right? So funny haha. Everything will be alright, hopefully. We get our new personalized ones next Tuesday anyways.
The cool note for this week is that Ana, the 10 year old we just baptized a month ago, her dad asked us to come back and start teaching him again. So far so good! We taught him about prayer and spirit! He shared some very spiritual experiences he has had with prayer.
The principle that I learned and focused some of my time on this week was prayer! President Thomas S. Monson has taught: "If any of us has been slow to hearken to the counsel to pray always, there is no finer hour to begin than now. … A man never stands taller than when he is upon his knees." There is not taller man. I add my testimony to this statement. I know Prayer is a principle of power and the only way to communicate with our Father in Heaven. Fight with your knees!
Your Favorite Missionary in Cali!
Elder Weston Scott
No comments:
Post a Comment