Monday, July 13, 2015

[Weston] Anaheim Weekly July 13th, 2015


Anaheim Weekly July 13th, 2015

Hello everyone! I hope all is well! This week went by very fast, I honestly cannot believe it, but here we are. Today is the beginning of a new transfer, I will be staying here in the Fullerton 6th Ward with Elder Silvester another transfer. I am happy about that, we get along great. There have been many changes in companionships for this new transfer. Elder Tanner, my former companion over a year ago is returning from the mission tomorrow. He is finishing. It is so weird. I have so many friends here finishing their missions, people that I have grown to love through serving by their side out here. 

I guess to start off for this week, I will start with our meeting we have every month with the Stake President. Every month the Zone Leaders and the Mission President attend a meeting held by the Stake Presidency to discuss the progress of each ward in our Stake as well as the progress of the missionary work in each ward. It was an excellent meeting this time, we talked a lot about the importance of sustaining our leaders, as well as allowing others to grow. It is always easier to fulfill an assignment by oneself rather than permitting someone else to learn, possible fail along the way, but learn and grow. To improve the wards, we, the missionaries, have to stop doing everything they ask us to do. I honestly cannot share my feelings towards what the missionaries do for the wards here. We do too much. But I love these people so much.

I believe I mentioned last week that we received new training from President Taggart concerning missionary work efforts being united more between Wards and Missionaries. President will be sharing this training with all of the Bishops and also the Stake Presidency the 29th of this month. All of it comes straight from Manual 2. President Taggart stated, "Good things happen when things are done the way the Lords has established," referring to Manual 2, chapter 5. Good things are to come to the Santa Ana South Stake. Elder Silvester and I taught Zone Meeting this week about all of this as well, the training is titled "The Covenant Path" I will attach the document and send it out as well. We also focused on chapter 11 from Preach My Gospel, which is all about helping those we teach to keep commitments.  We had great discussion and participation during the meeting.

Every week we have the opportunity to participate in JustServe.org projects, and we are on a weekly assignment at a local project for Habitat for Humanity. Each week we have been attending and assisting in building new homes for low income families. It has been very fun. From fixing busted waterlines to furnishing homes, we thoroughly enjoy the chance to serve there.

The Fiancé of the second councilor in the bishopric set a baptismal date with us today. Her name is Desiree. She is incredible. She has everything planned out, her baptism, confirmation, marriage, and sealing. She is very organized. She come to ward every week, but lives in Tijuana. So we will begin to Skype her and teach her that way this week. We are very excited.

We have been working with many great potential leaders for our ward here. Specifically Priesthood leaders. Ivan is one of these potential leaders. He is a very strong willed person, and seems to fight what we teach with him, but at the same time accepts it. He has not read too much from the Book of Mormon, and recognizes that he needs to read more. With him, we struggle because he will not pray about it. The bishop and his wife are going to visit with him this week! We are excited about it!

Ward Council yesterday was the best one that I have attended my whole mission. I am happy, our Ward struggles with leadership, but I think that they are starting to understand the role of the Ward council. We counseled! We made assignments and followed up on assignments, it was great!  Specifically the Bishop and his wife are taking their time this week to accompany my companion and I to a lesson with some new investigators, as well like I mentioned they are going to go and visit Ivan and meet him.

Emiliano was confirmed yesterday during Sacrament Meeting. I love that kid so much! He is a stud! His mom has changed so much as well, I hope she receives a calling soon. Also, a member in our Ward as a ton of Grapefruit trees, and we got a bunch of them. They are delicious. 

That is all I have to report on. All is well here in Anaheim.

Elder Weston Scott

No comments:

Post a Comment