Monday, July 27, 2015

[Weston] Anaheim Weekly July 27, 2015




Anaheim Weekly July 27, 2015

This week went by quickly again. Sometimes it makes it hard for me to believe. We will be starting August this week, which means that kids go back to school, and less people to be at home during the day. 

This week we got to have our quarterly interviews with President Taggart, our mission president. He is an amazing man, and I admire him. As zone leaders, we meet before all of the interviews that occur in our zone, so that was Wednesday. We met at 9:15am and began with a prayer (Just President and Sister Taggart, Elder Silvester and myself), then our zone members gradually came and left according to the times we scheduled for their interviews. We had scheduled in a lunch break for President Taggart, but there was a meeting he was to be having at 2pm. That hour for lunch was taken up by interviews as different zone members were interviewed for a lot longer that their scheduled times, which is not a huge deal, but Elder Silvester and I go last for our personal interviews. it was 1:45pm when finally we had the chance to be interviewed, and we only had time for a 5 minute interview each, if that, ugh, I really like my interviews with President. But all is well.

In this week's district meeting, we learned about promising blessings and bearing testimony. I learned a great deal the importance of being direct and simple with my testimony. Too often  do missionaries fall into the trap of bearing a long and eloquent testimony, which sounds great, but it is not always carried to the hearts of those being taught. I have come to know for myself that the power of a testimony comes through one's ability to express himself simply. 

This upcoming week we will be having a few last lessons with some of our investigators. We are sad about it, but it is necessary. My prayer is that these people will one day come to accept the truths we have been sharing with them, and that they will act for themselves by praying to know the truth, and eventually making and keeping covenants.

We taught Desiree this week a couple times, and it was great. She has a very strong testimony, and studies, not just reads, in the Book of Mormon daily. It is amazing. We will move into teaching her the different commandments that there are this week, she is excited for her baptism. She is to be getting married the week after to Hermano Cerda the second counselor in the Bishopric here. She has it planned out already for a year from now when they will go and be sealed in the Guadalajara Temple. Hno. Cerda's father is the Temple President there. She is great.
We stopped by to find an investigator that we hadn't seen for a month, and we happened to find them at home! They seemed excited to see us. We decided to teach about the "For the Strength of Youth" pamphlet. They have a son, and the expression on Maria the mother seemed to show a sincere interest. We have a lesson with them tonight, I pray that they will come to church this next Sunday.

We talked to a woman earlier this week that said we could come back just one more time, because she wants to know about what the Book of Mormon. We mentioned that it is Another Testament of Jesus Christ, and she was intrigued. Her name is Angeles. 

I read an article on LDS.org yesterday about going to bed early and waking up early. It taught that we should seek revelation early in the morning. I think I will keep my missionary schedule for the rest of my life after reading that article now. 

My companion Elder Silvester and I are having great time. We will be going on exchanges this week, and I will be going to my last area in Buena Park. I love going back to places where I served previously. All is well here in the Anaheim Mission.

Elder Weston Scott


No comments:

Post a Comment