Hello!
Today we attended the temple, resulting in our change in preparation day. This may be my last temple trip unfortunately. However, today was fantastic. We woke up at 4:30am to leave by 5:30am because our session was at 7:00am. The spirit was strong, earlier this week, I read over a talk from General Conference in 2001 about preparing ourselves to enter the temple each time we attend. I tried to apply what I learned, and I feel that this time around it was a greater experience for me than other times in the past. "I love to see the temple."
Elder Silvester and I are working well together. I enjoy being around him. I have had few companions when in their presence it makes me become a better person. I believe that he is one of these companions. In our area this coming Sunday we will be holding a baptism of a nine-year-old name Emiliano. He is an incredible young man. He impresses me every time we visit with him, he has brought his mother back to church as well.
This past Thursday we exchanged with Elder Cahoon and Elder Messer. I spent the day with Elder Messer in Buena Park, my old area. They are struggling in there a bit, and so we worked on planning, and also talked about the white handbook a lot. I am grateful for Elder Messer. He is so humble. He inspires me to love others more. It was a great exchange overall, I visited my recent convert while we there, so as you can imagine, it was quite fun.
The district leaders in our Zone trained us well this week. We talked about finding. At the beginning of each meeting we account for our area and it is supposed to be a time for asking help and new ideas. I feel that the idea behind accountability has changed during my mission from being a tool in which to inquire of other missionaries their suggestions and experiences for helping investigators to progress, to now where missionaries report on their area to "show it off." I feel that we can all use this time and tool more effectively. But, I will talk it over with my companion.
We have been teaching a woman that was taught about a year and a half ago here in Brea, CA. Her name is Brenda, and the missionaries that first taught her were Elder Curtis and ....... Elder Quito! We had a powerful lesson with her yesterday on the Plan of Salvation. We hope that she will come to church this Sunday!
I am thoroughly enjoying the mission right now. I have recommitted myself to many things, and I feel more productive again. I am stoked for this coming Sunday. Have a great week!
Elder Weston Scott
No comments:
Post a Comment