Monday, September 21, 2015

[Weston] Anaheim Weekly September 21, 2015

This was another eventful week.

To start off, we had exchanges Tuesday evening, and I was blessed to exchange with a fantastic missionary named Elder Nixon. He used to be one of my Zone Leaders, and we get along very well. In fact I look forward to spending time with him after the mission (he is from CO Springs). I went to his area in my old ward Santa Ana 10. It was a good time.

Wednesday was an interesting day, but somewhat boring. We were at the Mission Office all day it seemed, doing all sorts of tasks. When we finally got out to work, it seemed that not a single person wanted to speak with us. We didn't teach a single soul that night.

Thursday we exchanged again, Elder Montgomery (one of my former companions) joined me in my area in Anaheim. It was a very great night, we taught a lot of different people which was fun for the both of us. Adalid, our most progressing investigator, basically taught us about the Word of Wisdom, and about the prophet. He will be getting baptized this coming Saturday. Sweet!

Maria and Eduardo (two of the investigators I was teaching in my previous area with Elder Silvester) are getting baptized this Saturday as well. WOOHOO!

Friday, President Lords (Mission Presidency)  took Elder Dougherty and I to lunch at the hospital where he does surgeries. He is a great guy, I have gotten to know him very well over the past year and a half.  Friday night was also the night where I initially felt an allergic reaction to a medication I have been taking, which led to a terrible weekend.

Saturday we were in the ER for my allergic reaction, I should be close to 100% by the end of the week, hopefully, says the doctor. We went to the Temple, for the tours that our mission was doing that day, it was my last time that I will see the Newport Beach Temple as a missionary.  I love this Temple so very much.

I do not have much more to report on. The greatest blessing of the week though, is that Adalid is going to get baptized! He came to church yesterday in a nice suit, and just was beaming with joy about the fact that he was going to get baptized the next week. I am also very grateful for President and Sister Taggart. The air-conditioning in our apartment has been broken for the past few days, and due to my allergic reaction, we were invited to stay at their home last night. We basically spent all day today with them as well. My Heavenly Father is so good to me.

Elder Weston Scott

No comments:

Post a Comment