My friends and family,
There is much to be thankful for in my life. I have been raised in the Gospel, which has taught me since my youth that I was to serve a mission. I often think about that one decision I have made in my life, to serve the Lord for two years. I ponder many questions. Where would I be if I didn't? What would I be doing? But most importantly, Who would I be? To some, two years may seem like an eternity, however, to one who loves the Lord and strives to serve Him, it is simply not
enough time.
This past week Elder Dougherty and I set some goals for different aspects of the work. We didn't have a whole lot of time this week to focus on our area, just a couple of hours each day, but we accomplished each goal we set!
We visited two different zone meetings this week to see how well the different zones receive the training we gave at Mission Leadership Council one week before. The trainings were very different from what we had taught, and President Taggart was not overly-pleased with many of the zone trainings.
Tuesday we spent nearly all day long at the Mission office working on reports and other items of business for the mission. Sounds fun right? It wasn't. But it is part of the calling.
We had exchanges with one pair of zone leaders this past Saturday. I went to their area with Elder Hackman. They are in a YSA ward. So that was a new experience for me. It was fun, young adults are very interesting when it comes to the Gospel. Everything about talking to them is different! It was great!
Sunday was really great. We had a few meetings for ward council and what not, but then we were able to sit and study before church actually started. I love the Book of Mormon! It invites the Spirit so Strongly into the lives of the readers! Our ward is a little different than others. We have a small group of people that only speak Spanish in our ward (why don't they go to the Spanish wards? Don't ask me). They hold separate services, so I attend with them in Spanish while my companion attends the English. I pass the sacrament weekly, I might even have to bless weekly as well. I speak almost weekly. It is great! The people are very nice.
Well. This week was a quick one again. All is well here in Anaheim. Take care!
Elder Weston Scott
No comments:
Post a Comment