Hey everyone!
Everything is going great this week! Every day is pretty much the exact same. Which kind of is boring right now, but I cannot wait to get into the field where I can change it up ya know? My spanish is coming along great, I am almost never confused when listening to spanish, and I can speak without much difficulty now. Its so incredible! My companions are super cool, and both great guys. Thank you so much for the Halloween card guys! I appreciate it! That was the first time I got mail, but I also got cookies and another letter form my mother with it! Thanks! Elder W, one of my comps, gets mail literally every single day of his life. I want to take it all, or as a joke write a DEAR JOHN letter to him from his girlfriend. All is good though. If anyone can figure out how to send Krispy Kremes donuts (how ever you spell that) That would be very much appreciated. Nothing beats good old fashion USA food.
I am so over the food here it is not even funny. AHHH! Plus everyone has been getting sick in the CCM (MTC) and guess who got it. ME. Yay. Not fun, but the doctor here likes to make new companions for everyone that is super sick, he lets them go back to bed! I refused to because I needed to teach my investigator, but I should have because I am not getting any better. I guess when I have symptoms that can eventually turn into bronchitus, then I shouldnt do anything right? I ain't about that life ya know?
I got my new team Mexico jersey that is black with gold and red stipes, my district and I are now the cool kids on the block. Woot Woot! I am having a lot of fun here though and seriously learning a ton. I also never thought that only getting 8 hours of sleep a day and working for 16 would be this hard! Whew! I am always tired!
We had some latino elders that left this past week that were incredibly hilarious because they would make fun of all of our gringo Spanish accents, and then they would try English and it was worse then ours! One elder, Elder O was trying to say something and the only thing that made sense was "I am strong woman Black". We had no idea why he said that but just laughed at him. The natives are so funny! My teachers are still super great! I have learned so many cool demonstrations for teaching different aspects of the gospel! Our "investigators" are both incredilbe, and have both committed to baptism already, and have come to church with us! One thing that is super cool is that the Gift of tongues is real I tell you, but only when we focus on church things, I cant talk to well in spanish about sports or anything besides the church. It is kind of helpful to stay on topic though! My spanish scriptures are now super buff, with color and awesome scriptures marked in them. I also bought these super cool scripture cases for them and a pack of markers for them as well. On sunday I finished the Book of Mormon again! I read it in only 24 days with only 1 hour a day with time to read it! Boo yah! I found so many awesome scriptures this time around too! It was amazing!
Also, every Wednesday night, we have a chance to each real investigators or just volunteers, and it is so cool! This past week we taught a volunteer named A and I made her cry because I shared one of my favorite scriptures with her! Alma 38:5. It applies to everything! We have gotten our rhythm down for teaching, Pretty much I start the lessons, by just talking to them and asking questions, then I start into the doctrine, Elder W then helps a little with the doctrine, Elder M bears testimony and testifies of everything that we teach, and then I make the commitments with the investigator. I do almost all of it, but its all good because they are fine with it, I know the most spanish.
Lets see, I had a wrestling match with a pen on Tuesday like Enos with God. I also got even more boss at ping pong, we went treasure hunting because last Thursday we found this map under a head stone. I'll attach a picture and it was funny. We ended up finding a history of a district, which was just a flat volleyball with signatures from everyone in the district. But get this, Tyler Wandry's signature was on it! HAHA He just left about a week and a half ago! It was so funny when we found it! I don' really know what else to add! I miss you all so much and cant wait to hear from you! Thanks for everything!
I am so over the food here it is not even funny. AHHH! Plus everyone has been getting sick in the CCM (MTC) and guess who got it. ME. Yay. Not fun, but the doctor here likes to make new companions for everyone that is super sick, he lets them go back to bed! I refused to because I needed to teach my investigator, but I should have because I am not getting any better. I guess when I have symptoms that can eventually turn into bronchitus, then I shouldnt do anything right? I ain't about that life ya know?
I got my new team Mexico jersey that is black with gold and red stipes, my district and I are now the cool kids on the block. Woot Woot! I am having a lot of fun here though and seriously learning a ton. I also never thought that only getting 8 hours of sleep a day and working for 16 would be this hard! Whew! I am always tired!
We had some latino elders that left this past week that were incredibly hilarious because they would make fun of all of our gringo Spanish accents, and then they would try English and it was worse then ours! One elder, Elder O was trying to say something and the only thing that made sense was "I am strong woman Black". We had no idea why he said that but just laughed at him. The natives are so funny! My teachers are still super great! I have learned so many cool demonstrations for teaching different aspects of the gospel! Our "investigators" are both incredilbe, and have both committed to baptism already, and have come to church with us! One thing that is super cool is that the Gift of tongues is real I tell you, but only when we focus on church things, I cant talk to well in spanish about sports or anything besides the church. It is kind of helpful to stay on topic though! My spanish scriptures are now super buff, with color and awesome scriptures marked in them. I also bought these super cool scripture cases for them and a pack of markers for them as well. On sunday I finished the Book of Mormon again! I read it in only 24 days with only 1 hour a day with time to read it! Boo yah! I found so many awesome scriptures this time around too! It was amazing!
Also, every Wednesday night, we have a chance to each real investigators or just volunteers, and it is so cool! This past week we taught a volunteer named A and I made her cry because I shared one of my favorite scriptures with her! Alma 38:5. It applies to everything! We have gotten our rhythm down for teaching, Pretty much I start the lessons, by just talking to them and asking questions, then I start into the doctrine, Elder W then helps a little with the doctrine, Elder M bears testimony and testifies of everything that we teach, and then I make the commitments with the investigator. I do almost all of it, but its all good because they are fine with it, I know the most spanish.
Lets see, I had a wrestling match with a pen on Tuesday like Enos with God. I also got even more boss at ping pong, we went treasure hunting because last Thursday we found this map under a head stone. I'll attach a picture and it was funny. We ended up finding a history of a district, which was just a flat volleyball with signatures from everyone in the district. But get this, Tyler Wandry's signature was on it! HAHA He just left about a week and a half ago! It was so funny when we found it! I don' really know what else to add! I miss you all so much and cant wait to hear from you! Thanks for everything!
Your Favorite Missionary,
Elder Weston Scott
No comments:
Post a Comment