Monday, November 25, 2013

[Weston] Week 7 ( Week 1 in the field baby! )

Hey everybody!

Wow! That is all I can say! What a long week but an awesome week! I have been born(began my mission) into the area known as Santa Ana 5 North, which is in Santa Ana California. So it turns out that my mission is 3 times the original size, because my call packet only showed the English mission, I actually have Newport, Irvine, Anaheim, and Santa Ana in the Spanish mission. My ward and area are apparently the best in the entire mission, because we are about 75% active, which is great!

The wards are tiny here, there are about 150 people over all in my ward, and it is considered a big ward. There are 3 different sets of missionaries in my ward, all of us in the same district, but guess who the district leader is.......My companion Elder Vincent, which means that we do a lot of stuff. I love every minute of my mission so far, it is so fun! My apartment is great minus the cockroaches, but I mean what can I say, If I was one of them I would crash my party all day long too! Everything is fine though.

Dad, thanks for all the stuff, Everyone is jealous of my cool new bag. This week the Spanish has not held me back, except of a lot. It is hard here, because the population is all Spanish, but its like thick Mexican/ Spanglish it is so weird. Elder Vincent helps a lot but I understand a ton. The members already love me because I can speak better than all the other greenies that have begun in this same area, yay for me! I started proselyting an hour and a half after I had arrived on Tuesday which was hard for me to do, I ended up staying up for 26 hours that day. Woot Woot, new record for me I think? We have 9 new investigators this week and only in like 4 days. I have extended baptismal dates to 4 different people, all of which have accepted, this area is booming, and it is so exciting to see how open people are to listen to the Gospel, No doors have been slammed on my face yet! One interesting fact for you all is that most of the children here don't read and write Spanish, only English, but there parents are only Spanish, so we teach in both English and Spanish, which is interesting most of the time. We receive a lot of help from members during the week to help teach which absolutely rocks!!

Elder Vincent and I saw superman the other day on a bike, this guy was high while riding on a bike, and we thought he was going to die! It was entertaining. Being district leader and assistant, we get a car, but actually the next coolest thing, we get the soccer mom car! We are mini-van missionaries! HAHAHAHA! It is super funny! We have dinner every night, super authentic Mexican food, and its super good. On thanksgiving we have one invitation, but that is because it is just another normal work day, we don't get to do anything different for the holiday.

Tonight we are going over to president Bowens house to hang out because Elder Arevalo has to make a movie for the president, and we are like an hour away from our area, so ping pong is on the schedule for tonight. I have learned how to shop super cheap and get by with ten bucks for the week. We get 165 dollars about each month, so about 40 bucks a week to spend on food and laundry. Awesome right? We get a new car next week, brand new 2013 Toyota corolla and also Ipads and Iphones in December.

We begin being a facebook mission next week I believe to, interesting right? Everything is so different than what I had imagined in the MTC, and I really Enjoy everything! My companion and I get into deep study which is super awesome because we teach each other new stuff! I love it so much! I don't really know what else to add because I am so busy! I wrote in my journal for the first time last night since I have been here. I am pretty used to everything now so nothing surprises me these days. Please send letters, packages, I really love cookies! nutella works, peanut butter, cereal, any breakfast or lunch items.... Send letters! The address is 2500 North Bristol street Santa Ana California 92706. I love you all so much!

With all my love and sweat!

Elder Weston Scott

No comments:

Post a Comment