Good afternoon everybody. I hope everything is so good wherever you are as you are reading this. I'm glad to here that everybody is doing great and I'm glad to hear that Tyler found a job thanks to Dad having friends. I hope he enjoys it and it works out in the end. Everything here is so great...except for the fact that I want to leave here so bad. I literally do the same thing everyday here and I cant take it no more...I need to get out. I feel like a bear trapped in a cage and can't get out...but seriously. Only 2 more weeks or so and I'm free, sort of. I want cold weather so bad right now...because it is so hot here. We have had so many good devotionals here lately and they have really made me think about a lot of things. Everything here is getting harder...the schedule, the investigators, the ability to eat the food.
Its all good though. anyway my investigators...R y D. Elder M and I taught D a few nights ago.., and before we started we had the impression to scratch our lesson and really dig deep to get to know him. Our original commitment was to invite him to go to church with us on Sunday...but we scratched the lesson right? yes we did...however the entire discussion led straight to church and going to church...I know that it was what God wanted and we were being lead by the spirit. it was so freaking awesome...we were so happy because we got him to go to church and we got to know him better and his situation. We walked out of that lesson with smiles on our faces and we were jumping up with joy. R...Tuesday morning. We had no idea what to teach her and we had previously committed her to praying for her purpose in life...the thing she has been struggling with. She hardly ever follows up on commitments and so we slightly planned a lesson towards prayer, faith, and acting on a belief, no matter how small. However, this whole week and last week, we have been learning and working on asking inspired questions, or questions that the spirit guides to help let the investigator open up to us...so again we got the impression that we should scrap that lesson plan. We were scared about what to say in our lesson but when we sat down I felt it wouldbe okay. We started off as usual and then we started the ''lesson''. She prayed...which was great because she doesn't ever do anything we ask. We then proceeded to talk about her experience and the whole discussion turned into trusting people and God. Her whole extended family is LDS, and she sees them all like once a week. I proceeded to talk to her about something that I cant even recall but it lead up to asking her if she will go to church with her family this week. ....aaghhhh it was so great...and I know it was lead by the spirit the whole time.
Anyway... my ankle still hurts slightly, and yes I'm stubborn...look at who I'm related too...Dad/Papa. I have started working out...I'm gaining a lot of my muscle back...except my legs are getting weaker...there is nothing here except a bike..which I ride everyday. I cant tell if I'm losing weight, but I'm not eating any bread or carbs or juice or any crap like that...fruit and meat and water is the life for me. I found that the probiotics actually make me go to the bathroom much more than not taking it...so I don't take them anymore. its all good though.
I feel like i have hit a wall in learning Spanish..not because its hard...I've just learned all the lessons already...I'm slowly reading the book of Mormon, its hard to get time to actually sit and read the BOM and study it, especially in Spanish. I know I will figure it out...and my testimony is growing of everything and its so awesome to see pieces of the gospel come together like a puzzle.
This is about the extent of my week so I'll send some pictures as well and sorry there isn't much...but its the CCM(mtc)...I will have giant arms though when I come home...in 22 months...it will be sweet...
Love you all so much keep up the good work back home...and I just got the letter today form you and the cookies I got Monday. Thank you so much...it made me so happy. Scripture of the week is 2 Nephi 2:25..
" 25 Adam fell that men might be; and men are, that they might have joy."
Ponder it and think about the enabling power of the atonement...We can overcome sin through Christ...which is why we can have joy. Adam fell in order for us to experience life and make mistakes, and the atonement gives man a chance to repent and receive forgiveness...the atonement is pure happiness and part of the pure love of Christ. Remember how charity is the pure love of Christ...what is charity? I think that charity is giving everything you can of yourself to help build up one another and to help build up the kingdom...be it a smile on somebody's bad day at work or taking an extra 5 minutes out of your day to help somebody out at the store or whatever. The atonement of Christ is Christs Charity toward us and it is so important because it not only gives us the ultimate example of being charitable, but also the ability to return to our father in heaven.
Christ built us up that we may come closer to Him and Our Father in Heaven, and because he loves us so much that he performed this ultimate sacrifice. I am and will always be eternally grateful for Christ and the atonement of Christ. And I know that it is Real and that through it we can return to our Father in Heaven once more and receive our happiness.
Anyway... my ankle still hurts slightly, and yes I'm stubborn...look at who I'm related too...Dad/Papa. I have started working out...I'm gaining a lot of my muscle back...except my legs are getting weaker...there is nothing here except a bike..which I ride everyday. I cant tell if I'm losing weight, but I'm not eating any bread or carbs or juice or any crap like that...fruit and meat and water is the life for me. I found that the probiotics actually make me go to the bathroom much more than not taking it...so I don't take them anymore. its all good though.
I feel like i have hit a wall in learning Spanish..not because its hard...I've just learned all the lessons already...I'm slowly reading the book of Mormon, its hard to get time to actually sit and read the BOM and study it, especially in Spanish. I know I will figure it out...and my testimony is growing of everything and its so awesome to see pieces of the gospel come together like a puzzle.
This is about the extent of my week so I'll send some pictures as well and sorry there isn't much...but its the CCM(mtc)...I will have giant arms though when I come home...in 22 months...it will be sweet...
Love you all so much keep up the good work back home...and I just got the letter today form you and the cookies I got Monday. Thank you so much...it made me so happy. Scripture of the week is 2 Nephi 2:25..
" 25 Adam fell that men might be; and men are, that they might have joy."
Ponder it and think about the enabling power of the atonement...We can overcome sin through Christ...which is why we can have joy. Adam fell in order for us to experience life and make mistakes, and the atonement gives man a chance to repent and receive forgiveness...the atonement is pure happiness and part of the pure love of Christ. Remember how charity is the pure love of Christ...what is charity? I think that charity is giving everything you can of yourself to help build up one another and to help build up the kingdom...be it a smile on somebody's bad day at work or taking an extra 5 minutes out of your day to help somebody out at the store or whatever. The atonement of Christ is Christs Charity toward us and it is so important because it not only gives us the ultimate example of being charitable, but also the ability to return to our father in heaven.
Christ built us up that we may come closer to Him and Our Father in Heaven, and because he loves us so much that he performed this ultimate sacrifice. I am and will always be eternally grateful for Christ and the atonement of Christ. And I know that it is Real and that through it we can return to our Father in Heaven once more and receive our happiness.
Love you all....Elder Scott (the cool one) BE GOOOOD (E.T.)
No comments:
Post a Comment