Monday, September 8, 2014

[Mason] God has a Sense of Humor

OK my freaky peeps, This week has been a fantastic week, with one very exciting yet scary change.

Friday morning, Our apartment was full of chatter about whats going to happen today for Transfer texts. so we are all guessing that Bradford is getting transferred....obviously he is finishing his mission...so we guessed who would come in...and now its a digital missionary that is finishing the training with The Greenie, Elder Kelly.  OK so next was that the guess was that I was leaving.  I have been here for 6 months (4 transfers) and that's quite a long time, at least for missionaries in this mission OK so then we bet that Penn would serve with somebody else, like Elder Wenner, or Elder Miskimens or Elder Wharton...somebody from my era. OK so every Time there are T-Texts, President makes phone calls in the mission to assign new callings and make releases to callings held by missionaries (ie...DL, ZL, STL)...OK and so at about 9:20 in the morning, during COMP LESSON PLANNING, and I distinctly remember that there are a ton of missionaries heading home that are holding a calling, and so President is probably calling right now...and at that moment i looked at the phone...which wasn't in use...with a black screen....and in that very instant I looked down,....The phone lights up with the Classic vibration and it is President Packard....I answer the Phone, and its goes something like this...
 -"Hi this is Elder Scott and Elder Pennington,"
- "Hi Elders, this is president Packard here, Elder Scott, could I talk with you for a second?"
 -"Sure what can I do you for President?"
-"Well Elder Scott, A lot actually. I have a calling for you. I need you, well, the Lord needs you to be a Trainer for a new Missionary. Could you do that for us?"
-"Sure thing"....

It goes on from there, but my heart went from the regular BPM to like twice the speed, skipping several beats in between.

I am now going to be a trainer here in the Lynn Spanish area. And I get my Greenie on Wednesday @ 4PM.....

 I realized this week that God Really does have a sense of Humor. He wants me, Elder Scott, To train a new missionary here in the MBM, when I still am getting trained hahaha!!!!

So this is the news....

My clavicle is better. i can do my push-ups in the morning again, as of Saturday, i can run, sleep, fall on it....so please send them to me



We taught some very powerful lessons this week such as the restoration to Rolando and Soila. it was really great.

I felt like a dad yesterday in church. A mom had to drop of her 3 kids all under, 10 7, and 5....and so I decided to sit with them, because everybody was getting annoyed by them...they are really crazy. so then, another kid, Henry De oleo, comes over, and says....can you come with me to bear my testimony.....so I went up and helped henry to bear his testimony, and then I bore mine. Henry is the same age as my own class...it made me so happy...I love bearing my testimony and I love the primary kids.

anyways, I'm excited for this change in my life as a Trainer....and it will be fun, hopefully he is a Native, but either way, life will be good

Elder Mason Scott

Pase lo que pase, y disfrutalo [whatever happens, happens and enjoy it]

No comments:

Post a Comment