Monday, September 22, 2014

[Weston] Anaheim Weekly 9/22/14


Hello everyone!

This week sure was a good one! Our eight-week transfer has finally come to a close, and so we all had been awaiting anxiously for the leadership calls that we were going to be required. Thursday night, Elder Orozco and I were sitting at home planning, when the Assistants called, and so we answered, said hello to our favorite APES (A.P.s) . I love those guys, and then Elder ArĂ©valo calls me on behalf of President Taggart to train, and also be a District Leader. Which means that even though we had no idea what was happening with transfer calls, because we would get those Saturday night, I knew right away that I would be whitewashing, restarting an area, somewhere.  So that was fun. I have been a little stressed out, but no big deal, mostly just nervous. We got transfer calls, and I am officially leaving Santa Ana 10 and going to the Anaheim 11th Ward here. My new area is supposed to rock, or at least that is what everyone has been telling me! I am excited, but scared at the same time. It is nerve racking. I pick up my new 'son' or greenie on Tuesday, should be interesting.

Arturo
However this week was pretty good in itself as well. We got to meet a lot of new people, and we have about 3 solid potentials right now. One is named Eddi. We saw him Friday Night, and Hermano Diaz joined us for that lesson, it was fantastic. This guy really wants to know the truth, and committed to do all that is possible and necessary to obtain his answer. I am so excited for him! 

On P-Day last week, we visited Downtown Disney, and got s few pictures which was pretty cool beans. Legos! To be honest, really all we did this week was try to find people to teach with the limited amount of time we had. There were a lot of meetings this week, and so we did not have a lot of time to get much work done. 

Let's see, during our district meeting we learned more about the importance of working with members, and how we can do it more effectively. We listed some great ways to do so, and I am excited to do so in my new area. I feel like we will be able to unite the ward mission leader and the bishop in their efforts of missionary work.

Familia Solano
Our Ward here in Santa Ana 10, we have been having baptisms every week for the past four weeks, and we have two more weeks still set with investigators. Finally the work we all had been putting it was starting to pay off. Woot woot! Well, I will write more later, and definitely next week for sure! I apologize! There was not too much this week!

Your Favorite Missionary in So. Cal.!

Elder Weston Scott



Julio
Axel


Gina y Alfredo y su familia










No comments:

Post a Comment